PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ladies in their 50's

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

windy
Tue, Mar-09-04, 06:49
Good monring all. Went to Curves after work yesterday and will agian today. They have a promotion going on, exercise three times a week, loose three pounds or three inches in the month and bring in a bag of food for the food pantry and you get a shirt.

Been doing extra here at work also and that has added to the movements.

I only lost 5.5 pounds on two weeks of induction. I am now reading South Beach Diet but still not convinced I want to do that. I guess I just need to keep on doing what I am doing and it will eventually fall off again.

Have a good day ladies and I hope we have no more snow!! Had big beautiful flakes yesterday but they were melting as soon as they hit the ground.

Linda

Chloesue
Tue, Mar-09-04, 10:28
Good Morning,
Wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone.It was nice to see posts from Jackie and Linda.

I did really well with Induction yesterday.It's been hard sticking to it after one week of a good loss.The following week I add in too many low carb goodies which doesn't do me any good at all.Hope to do well this week to get me motivated to keep on with Induction without another gain for awhile.We had some snow showers this morning but nothing stuck.

Jackie....sorry to hear that you have a cold.I have felt pretty good this winter.I have noticed that my tummy feels better so far this week since I am back on Induction.Last week I wasn't eating right and my tummy was paying for it.Glad to see that it has settled down and likes Induction lots more.

Linda.....you have done really well losing the weight that you have lost so far.I know how you are feeling though.I have lots more to lose and it seems like I am not as motivated as I was this time last year when I had been on low carb for 2 months.Sure would be easier if I could just stick to it and get this weight off once and for all.I really envy those that can loose all of their weight in 5 months then concentrate on maintenance.Looks like I will do OK with maintenance since I have no problem with maintaining.It's losing the pounds that I have to struggle with.Looks like you are on your way to earning that t-shirt.Good luck.Is it a t-shirt with the CURVES logo on it?

Have a good day everyone.

Nancy

sassy57
Wed, Mar-10-04, 06:09
Nancy,I can't remember last time I had a cold but yesterday I just wanted to climb in the bed. I made it thru work,but was in bed by 6:30.I just don't feel sick enough to stay in bed. I have to go to work today,it is my friend,Linda's last day. :cry: She is the one I'm doing atkins with. I'm happy she got a terrific job,but sorry to see her go. :cry:
Now that I have my treadmill I can't even use it right now feeling this bad,so I will start next week with the induction and exercise :yay:

MizSteaks
Wed, Mar-10-04, 09:59
Hi guys! :wave: I sure need to get back in the habit of coming here every day again. It always helps to be reminded that I am not in this battle alone! :D

The South Beach plan is going well so far...both days of it! :lol: I have to say that it is really satisfying and last night I was able to bake an apple pie for my hubby and not feel deprived because I knew I got my own dessert on the Plan. I was never able to do Atkins because of the kidney disease so it is very nice to have an actual 'plan' to follow and not feel like I am floundering.

Hope everybody has a terrific day today. :D I am headed out to the yard for my excercise today. Have flower beds needing attention so I can plant posies when it is time. Need my head examined for making the yard so big...did that when I was young and limber...now I struggle to keep it all up! :p We have 5 acres here and almost an acre of it is yard and garden....that's a lot of excercise!! :lol:

It's hump day today...the weekend is in sight!
Nance :wave:

sassy57
Thu, Mar-11-04, 06:36
Nance,so what did you eat? I saw there was alot of fish and I don't like fish or and can't have sea food :cry:
I gotta get back into something.

Chloesue
Fri, Mar-12-04, 21:11
Good Evening Everyone,
I rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes today.This is the first time in over a week that I have been able to ride it that long.Since I wrenched my right leg and knee last week I have had to take it a little easy on my exercising.It sure felt good to do all of that bike riding.

I've been back on Induction this week and have had a good week.Hope the scale shows it.

How is everyone doing?

Jackie...hope your cold is better so that you can hop on the treadmill.

Nance...how are you like the SB way of eating? You are certainly getting a good work out with everything you are doing in your yard.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Nancy

sassy57
Sat, Mar-13-04, 05:57
Nancy,I'm going to try to do my treadmill later today. Cold is much better except for this darn cough. I've sucked on so many cough drops my taste buds are dead :lol:
Now my dd has it. So we are both coughing our heads off. I'm going today to get more meds for us both.

Chloesue
Sun, Mar-14-04, 20:15
Hi Everyone,
Keep hoping that others would post once in awhile.I checked and there aren't many posts so I wait a day or two to post.Hope everyone is doing OK.I've missed hearing from Jess too.She was always so prompt in reporting to us.

I had a good week on Induction.I am down a few pounds and only 1/2 pound to my lowest weight posted here on the forum.

I've been riding my stationary bike so I have done well with losing and moving.

Hope to hear how everyone else is doing.

Nancy

Chloesue
Sun, Mar-14-04, 20:17
Jackie,
Thanks for checking in here with me.

How are you feeling? Did you get to try out your treadmill?

Your project at work should be over soon so you will be back to your regular work and sitting more.I know you will be glad.

Nancy

windy
Sun, Mar-14-04, 20:54
Good evening, still going to Curves three times a week and now working in the yard and trying to get the garden ready for plants in a few weeks. Want to get into the camper and get it ready also.

My hubbys mom is coming out April 20th until May 20th so will be rather busy then. I will try to be sure to register in at work but not sure if Ican here at home as the bedroom she will be using is where my computer is.

have a good evening and try to check in tomorrow.

sassy57
Mon, Mar-15-04, 18:03
Nancy,would you believe I got on my treadmill 1 time for about 5 minutes. The next day I came down with what I thought was a cold. Here I am a week later and my cold is now bronchitis. :cry:
I took off work today and went to the doctor. this coughing and stuff is wearing me down and I wasn't getting any better. She gave me an antibotic and something for my coughing. I was there on the 1st and now today I had lost 3 more pounds.Just don't have an appetitie.
I have to kick this so I can get started on my treadmill.
Maybe in a few days I can start on it.
I have to go to work tomorrow,so this medicine best start kicking in. :)
Spent most of the weekend and today in bed,so lots of rest and tons of water should help too

windy
Mon, Mar-15-04, 18:11
I am back here this evening. Had a good workout at Curves tonight. It always makes me feel so good.

Can't wait until I can get out in the yard and get a good work out doing what I like to do, gardening and yard work, flowers and such. I also like to ride my bike and hike when we camp. Can't wait to do that either.

Have a good eveing,

Linda

Chloesue
Mon, Mar-15-04, 20:26
Hi Ladies,
Had a nice day here enjoying some Spring like weather.Hubby had another appointment at the VA Hospital.While he was at his appointment I pushed grandson Jeremy in his stroller around the hospital grounds.I walked pushing his stroller for 1 1/2 hours.It was such a pretty day there.The temps were in the upper 60's.Flowers and trees were blooming.What a pretty day to spend outside.Tomorrow it's back to reality since it's only going to be in the mid 40's.

The hospital is 100 miles East of us and in a valley.Since we are in the mountains Spring like weather arrives a lot later.

Jackie.....so sorry to hear that you have bronchits.Hope the antibiotic has you on the road to recovery really soon.I know that you must be so disappointed that you don't feel up to using your treadmill.

Grandson Jeremy has had bronchitis a few times this winter.He is fine now and hope he stays that way.His wheezing has all cleared up and he's back to being a happy 2 year old.

Linda....I know what you are saying about wanting to get outside.We are going to have colder weather this week with rain and maybe a little snow added in.After such a nice day outside I would love for our weather to be just like that but that is a few weeks away for us here in the mountains.Our average high right now is only in the 50's.It felt so good to get all of that walking in today.

Nancy

sassy57
Tue, Mar-16-04, 06:09
Nancy, I am hoping in another day or two the antiobotic will kick in and I can get on my treadmill. :agree: I'm going into work today but will be taking it easy too. I lay around enough over the weekend,don't want to do it during the week too :lol:
Got a cute phone call from dh yesterday. We are seperated,but get along really great now that we are both growing up. Long story here. :)
So,he calls me on my cell phone all excited. I was at Kmart getting my perscriptions filled. He was out getting stuff for his work and he bought me the grabber. It's this long thing shown on tv that's lets you pick up things you can't reach. I remember telling him once I needed one because the closth get stuck behind this thing and I can't reach them.They fall down a laundry shoot.
Anyway,I just didn't have the heart to tell him I already bought one :lol: .
It is so rare that he goes out on a whim and gets be something,and I didn't want to hurt his feelings.So I did what every wife should do. I acted all excited and thanked him for thinking of me :lol:
So,I will act excited and happy when I see him over the weekend and he gives it to me. :lol:
Sure hope today is a nice sunny day. I can't take my Zoloft while on the antiobotics. My dr doesn't want me to take anything for a few days.

TexLady
Tue, Mar-16-04, 16:42
[QUOTE=sassy57]Got a cute phone call from dh yesterday. We are seperated,but get along really great now that we are both growing up. Long story here. :)
QUOTE]

Sassy, I can relate to that. My ex and I have become friends since we were divorced several years ago. I have practiced forgiveness and putting the past behind me. It feels pretty good.

sassy57
Wed, Mar-17-04, 06:10
Texlady,we aren't divorced and who knows if we will. We have been married 27 yrs.I guess some people would think we were crazy but our situation is working out fine for the moment :) Besides,I have the best of 2 worlds,actually :lol: I can see him when I want and be here with my daughter and see my grandkids grow up :lol:
We both work so much that if together we would only see each other when time to go to bed,and we needed our space. He had alot of growing up to do and so did I. So who knows what our future will hold :agree:

Chloesue
Wed, Mar-17-04, 11:30
Hi Jackie,
Hope this finds you feeling better.How sweet of your husband to see the grabber and buy it for you.I would have done the same as you and not said a word about already owning one.If your husband is like mine after 30 years of marriage he doesn't go out and buy something for me.If I want to encourge such behavior I sure can't say anything when he makes an effort to buy something for me even if it's something I already have or something I really don't like all that much.It's the thought that really counts.

Nancy

Chloesue
Wed, Mar-17-04, 11:38
Hi Everyone,
I sure am missing Jess's posts.Hope everything is OK with her.I need to check back on the posts and see if she mentioned anything about being gone for awhile.

I am feeling pretty good about myself here lately.I can see the results from all of my exercising.I can now wear a smaller size in slacks.Two pair of smaller slacks that I started wearing back in January are now feeling much looser.I have a jogging suit that I bought a little small last Fall.It was a goal of mine to be able to wear it.I can now wear it.My hubby told me that I better get some wear out of it now since it probably will be too big for me come next Fall.He knows how hard I have been working with my exercise and watching what I eat.He has been paying me compliments on how good I look.That really makes me feel good coming from someone that sees me every day.

Just had to share this with all of you since exercise really makes a difference in how you feel and look.

Have a good day everyone.How are all of you doing?

Nancy

jesdorka
Wed, Mar-17-04, 12:05
hi nancy, thanks for your concern, the days have gone by and i hadn't realized how long it has been since i posted. i have just been busy everyday and not spending much time on the forum, reading a few posts with my morning coffee and off to a meeting here and there, taking the granddaughter to her activities and then the big thing is i have been helping my daughter with her driving lessons. she is 41 and never was interested in driving. she has gone to driving school and since the yukon is on a graduated licencing program no matter what the age of the learner is she has to put in 10 hrs of winter driving, 10 hours of dark driving and 40 hours of daytime driving and she has to have a co-driver and then when those hours are complete she can take her drivers test. so right now we are working on the winter aspect before all the snow goes and of course the dark has to be done right away too because her in the far north it is getting light before 7am and not getting dark now til about 8pm so we are going out at all crazy hours to get this time in. i am not really cut out for this, i find it exhausting and somewhat nerve wracking but i am the only one available to help her at thiese weird hours. this afternoon we will complete the winter hours requirement and by the weekend we should have the dark hours done then hopefully we can get the rest done by the end of april :rolleyes: .
now i must go back and check when my last exercise entry was so i can catch up, i have been trying to keep up with my exercise and read a few posts here and there. i do like to keep up with what everyone here is up to.
have a good day and take care of yourself

jes :wiggle:

jesdorka
Wed, Mar-17-04, 12:29
hello everyone, i must apologize for not keeping up with my reporting, i didn't realize how long it has been. here i go with my catch up

sat mar 6
walk--60 mins 3 miles

sun mar 7
walk--40 mins 2 miles

mon mar 8
WATP 2--30 mins 2 miles
bike--13.11mins 4.55 miles
total--43.11 mins 6.55 miles

tues mar 9
WATP 2--30 mins 2 miles
bike--12.17 mins 4.61 miles
total--42.17 mins 6.61 miles

wed mar 10
WATP 2--30 mins 2 miles
bike--10.06 mins 3.42 miles
walk--35 mins 1.75 miles
total--75.06 mins 7.17 miles

thur mar 11
WATP 2--30 mins 2 miles
bike--10.12 mins 3.54 miles
total--40.12 mins 5.54 miles

fri mar 12
WATP 2--30 mins 2 miles
bike--12.21 mins 4.10 miles
walk--30 mins 1.5 miles
total--72.21 7.6 miles

sat mar 13
walk--90 mins 4.5 miles

tues mar 16
walk--60 mins 3 miles

whew promise i won't leave it so long again. i've read through all the back posts and congratulations to all who are able to get some type of exercise in their day. :thup:
Happy St Patricks Day to all

jes

sassy57
Thu, Mar-18-04, 06:22
I know Nancy. Ya think maybe now that they are getting older,they stop and think of doing nice things for us wives? :lol: Guess it takes men longer,huh?
Wow Jes,look at your work out report. It is Awesome :yay:
Jes,seems like one of the good ways to get a drivers license. Shoot here,they got idiots driving who should not be let alone in a car let alone behind the wheel. :lol:

Chloesue
Sun, Mar-21-04, 14:05
How is everyone doing? We have been quiet again.I get my exercise in but get busy and forget to post.I noticed Friday that I had exercised 9 days in a row so I took yesterday off from exercising.
I found my Sweatin To The Oldies exercise video so I mixed it up some this week and did Sweatin once,WATP a few times and rode my stationary bike and walked on other days.
I'll post my exercise.Maybe that will get others motived and posting again.Didn't want y'all to think that I had vanished and wasn't exercising.I'll post my exercise for this past week:
Sunday(14th):
Rode stationary bike 6.15 miles for 30.35 minutes
Monday:
Walked pushing grandson Jeremy in stroller for 1 1/2 hours.
Tuesday:
WATP 2 miles for 30 minutes
Wednesday:
Sweatin To The Oldies 30 minutes
Rode stationary bike 3.05 miles for 15.10 minutes
Thursday:
Friday:
Rode stationary bike 3.25 miles for 15.45 minutes
Saturday:no exercise,took day off

How is everyone doing?Hope we can get some messages going about how we are moving now that spring like weather is around the corner.It was in the lower 60's yesterday.Today it is only 33 and we are getting snow showers.

Nancy

Chloesue
Sun, Mar-21-04, 14:14
Jess,
Really enjoyed reading how you are helping your daughter obtain her driver's license.I am sure she appreciates having you available to go with her on all of her driving excursions.I was the one who accompanied my daughters when they learned to drive and I also found it very nerve wracking.
You are doing really well with your exercising as always.

Jackie...have you been able to get back on your treadmill?

Linda....have you earned your t-shirt at Curves yet?

Nance....how are you doing? Haven't seen a post from you in awhile.Hope you are enjoying your yard work.

Nancy

Chloesue
Mon, Mar-22-04, 05:33
Good Morning Everyone,
Wanted to stop by and wish everyone a nice start to their week.

We woke up to 18 degree temperatures and snow on the ground.What happened to our nice spring like weather we had on Saturday?

At least it's daylight here at 6:30 in the morning instead of darkness but that will change when the time changes in a few weeks and we lose an hour.

Nancy

sassy57
Mon, Mar-22-04, 05:56
EWWW that's cold Nancy :cry: I will sure be glad when Spring stays and warm weather stays :cool:
I'm sure hoping to get on my treadmill when I get home from work tonite.I'd jump on it now but it is almost 6am and no school this week and everyone is still sleeping. I sure don't want to wake them. :)

windy
Mon, Mar-22-04, 11:25
Good morning ladies, today is my Curves day. I try to go the first three days of the week and walk the others and soon will be able to ride my bycyle. Looks like better weather is soon to be on the way.

Linda

sassy57
Tue, Mar-23-04, 06:04
HAPPY TUESDAY
Yay for me,I walked on my treadmil for 10 min instead of 5 lastnight. :yay:

jesdorka
Tue, Mar-23-04, 07:57
congratulations linda and jackie for getting your exercise in, it must feel
good when it's done :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

jes

Chloesue
Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:17
Good Morning Ladies,
I complained that it was 18 yesterday morning.This morning it was 9 at 6 AM.Sure was a cold start to the day but it will be warming up to the upper 40's today and 60 the rest of the week.

Will be busy with grandson Jeremy through tomorrow evening.His mommy has to go on a business trip.She will leave really early tomorrow morning so we will have Jeremy this afternoon through tomorrow evening.Won't have time for much else.He's in preschool now so I have a little free time till 1:30 when we pick him up.

I've been keeping up with my exercise.Did some of Sweatin To the Oldies yesterday.Some of it is a little too easy for me now so I fast forward a lot of it.I rode my stationary bike last night.Need to get some exercise in while I have the time.Don't know if I will have the extra time to get any in tomorrow.

Sunday:
Rode stationary bike for 6.09 miles for 30:15 minute
Monday:
Sweatin To The Oldies 20 minutes
Rode stationary bike 3.10 miles for 15:25 minutes

Nancy

Chloesue
Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:21
Linda...you are doing great going to Curves.Did you earn the t-shirt?
Jackie....good for you for going 10 minutes on the treadmill.I remember oh so well when I started riding my stationary bike.I did really well going 5 minutes.How are you feeling?
Jess...how are the driving lessons coming along? Has your daughter finished with her winter driving time?

Keep moving everyone.Have a nice day:)
Nancy

jesdorka
Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:36
nancy
congratulations for 30 mins on the bike,that's excellent, you must have adjusted to the seat :lol: :lol: i agree with you about the old sweatin' to the oldies tapes being too easy now, i remember when i got them back in the eighties i could hardly get through the 1st one and it took forever until i could complete the second one :p enjoy your day with your grandson, i am sure you get plenty of exercise when you have him, it's amazing how much movement and stretching you get with a little one :)

jes

jesdorka
Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:41
nancy, yes we've completed winter driving now--although there wasn't such a rush after all as winter has returned with plenty more snow and very cold temps. we have to go out tonight from 8:30--9:30 for the last hour of dark driving. then by the end of april we should complete the 30 hrs of regular driving

jes

sassy57
Wed, Mar-24-04, 06:15
Oh well, one whole day of the treadmil. :cry: Lastnight,by the time I got home and ate dinner,I was so tired I just fell into bed. I guess I'm still not feeling all that great and still coughing,but getting better each day. Hopefully tonite I will get going again :agree:
Suppose to be in the 70's today and of course rain :cry: .
At least it won't be cold out :yay:

windy
Thu, Mar-25-04, 10:08
I did earn my shirt, lost 3 pounds and 5 inches. I really like Curves. Have my three days in this week and now I will be doing outside exercising. We have a new shed to put this weekend and I need to get the camper ready to head out for some camping trips.

I need to do some flower bed work also.

It is dreary and rainy here today. Yesterday was very warm but very windy. Suposed to be a great weekend.

You all have a great day and catch ya later.

Linda

Chloesue
Fri, Mar-26-04, 05:31
Good Morning Friends,
I was busy with my grandson for a few days while our daughter was out of town on a business trip.He is so full of energy but such a joy to have over night.

We had a little snow earlier in the week and a high of 9 another morning.Yesterday it was like Spring had finally arrived.It got up top 72 which missed by 1 degree of setting a record high for the date.I spent the afternoon outside yesterday cleaning up the yard from winter.It was great exercise and a wonderful way to enjoy the outdoors on an early Spring day.

Jackie....sorry to see that you are still coughing and not feeling all that well.Hope you start to feeling better really soon.Are you back to your regular job at work? That would be nice since you aren't feeling all that well.

Linda.....congratulations on earning the t-shirt at Curves.You did really well with losing weight and especially all of the inches.Since you started out at about the same weight as I did was there a point where you had problems getting passed a certain weight? I am having the hardest time getting below 209 which I have been at a few weeks now.I really believe it is a set point for me and a weight that I stayed at years ago.Now I am having problems getting beyond it.I sure do want to see 200.I believe once I get behond my present weight it will be easier to keep going especially after I hit 199.Any suggestions would surely help.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Nancy

sassy57
Fri, Mar-26-04, 06:07
Nancy,I sure know how grandkids can keep you busy :)
My coughing is so much better and gets better each day.I'm at least getting able to use my treadmill :yay: I try to do at least 7 minutes now,so that's a start.
Things are just so wild at work right now. Not enough people,so I'm doing the receptionist plus my packaging and faxing out the title commitments. I hate being the receptionist and have to deal with all those phone lines blinking :lol:
But there have been alot of resumes mailed in and someone will be hired soon. :yay:

jesdorka
Fri, Mar-26-04, 10:22
good morning everyone, is anyone seeing spring yet? we're in the middle of what i hope is one last cold spell around -15c (approx 5f) and some snow, old man winter doesn't want to give up!
hope you all have a good weekend

exercise for
mar 19--walk 30 mins 1.5 miles
mar 20--walk 60 mins 3 miles
mar 22--walk 20 mins 1 mile
mar 23--walk 20 mins 1 mile
mar 24--walk 20 mins 1 mile
mar 25--walk 40 mins 2 miles

jes :yay:

Chloesue
Sat, Mar-27-04, 20:46
Hi Everyone,
We have had an overcast day here after having 2 sunny days in the 70's.Yesterday we had a high of 76 which is very rare for the date.

I've had a good week watching what I ate and exercising.Hope I can keep up the momentum to continue on in this same fashion next week.

Jackie.......so sorry things are so hectic for you at work.Good for you for increasing your time on the treadmill.

Jes....you sure getting the cold weather up your way.Glad we got a glimpse of spring weather this week.I knew it wasn't going to last for very long though.back to reality this coming week with the temperature back in the 40's.You did really well with your exercising!!!

Nancy

Chloesue
Sat, Mar-27-04, 20:50
My Exercise....

Noticed I didn't post any exercise since Monday so thought I would post it now.

Tuesday:
Rode stationary bike 6.20 miles for 30:37 minutes

Wednesday:
Took day off from exercising.Had grandson over night

Thursday:
Worked in yard for 2 hours

Friday:
Rode stationary bike 6.10 miles for 30:20 minutes

Saturday:

Nancy

Many#2go
Sun, Mar-28-04, 17:18
:Party:
Hi Chloesue:

Just realized there is a forum for the over 50's gang. How nice to have this forum. I joined the forum just last month. Unfortunately with my work I dont have a lot of time to participate. I am 54 and married for almost 29 years. I have a daughter 27 and a son 25. My husband is due to retire from the Canadian armed forces in 2 months.

I have been doing the Atkins program since 5 Feb 04 (second time around) first time was last January and I lost 45 lbs. in 4 months. I really like the program. Nice not to be craving sweets (my downfall) for a change. I was a bad nite eater. I would get home from my shift around 12 midnight and always had a little something to snack on, lol, and then slept on it so it could go right to my hips. I now have just about given that up. Once in awhile I have a sugar-free jello.

I seem to have become stuck for now. I dont know what I have lost since going back on the plan this time. My scales were fudged so I am not sure of my start weight. All I know is that I am smaller than I was when I lost the 45 lbs. last year. I was thinking of going on the FAT FAST for the next few days to see if that will get me started again. Have you had any experience with this? If so I would appreciate your input.

Well I won't make this long (I tend to go on) lol, so I'll say so long for now and please drop by and say hello anytime.

Mar

Chloesue
Sun, Mar-28-04, 17:39
Hi MAr,
Welcome aboard.Like you,when I first joined the forum I also didn't know that there was an area just for us over 50's.I posted this thread and the next thing I know it was moved over here in our TOFF'S Lounge which used to be called Elder's Lounge.I really do prefer TOFF'S Lounge.Now if I could only remember what TOFF'S stands for,lol.Does anyone else remember?

I haven't had any experience with the FAT Fast but have heard others say that it has worked for them.I started on this WOE back in January 2003.I am down 35 pounds since then and quite a few inches.I have been stuck at the same weight going up and down a few pounds since the beginning of the year.Looks like this week I might have finally gotten below my lowest weight which is posted here.That sure would be nice.

I try to make exercise a part of my daily routine.I either ride my stationary bike,do WATP or getting moving outside now that the weather is nicer.

I am 53,will be 54 in October.Have been married to my hubby Ken for going on 31 years.We have 2 daughters ages 27 and 26,one son in law and a grandson who will be 3 in another month.We stay busy taking care of our grandson while his parents work during the week.

Hope you will continue to stop by and join right in.We love to have new people join us.If only they would stick around.

Will look forward to hearing how you are doing.

Nancy

jesdorka
Sun, Mar-28-04, 18:04
hi nancy and welcome mar

TOFFs==The Over Fifties Forum

jes

windy
Sun, Mar-28-04, 19:05
Welcome Mar and hi Nancy and jes. I may have to do the fat fast myself. I am tired of this. I work hard and lose a little and then nothing. I have even gone back to induction and not much luck there either. I do the exercise and have lost inches but would love to lose pounds again.

Have a nice evening all and great day tomorrow.

Linda

sassy57
Mon, Mar-29-04, 06:18
WElcome Mar. And Good morning to everyone :wiggle:
WE have had nothing but rain all weekend and feel a bit waterlogged. :lol:
I took a vacation day today :yay: and not doing too much. I have just a slight headache,but once I lay back down it will be gone. My friend and I are going to try this new resturant for lunch today,and maybe some shopping :agree:
Who knows,maybe when I go into work tomorrow they will have a new receptionist. Then I can do my regular job.
I'm still doing 10 min on my treadmill :yay:
Yesterday,nada, tho. I have cloths all over it,because we are going thru the grandkids closths to see what fits and doesn't. What else to do on a rainy day like yesterday :)
Hope everyone has a great Monday :wiggle:

Chloesue
Mon, Mar-29-04, 20:46
Hope everyone has had a good day.I am down one pound and so happy.I am once again at my lowest weight and was able to change it here.

All of my exercising is really paying off with inches lost.I can now ride my stationary bike with my button up jeans on.Just a few weeks ago I wasn't able to do that.

Jackie...hope you were able to enjoy your day off today.

Monday's Exercise:
Rode stationary bike 6.20 miles for 30:12 minutes

Nancy

sassy57
Tue, Mar-30-04, 06:19
That's great on being down a pound Nancy :yay:
I had a terrific day off,and now back to the old grind :cry:
Luckily it was nice and sunny out until later in the day when it started raining.
I haven't even weighed myself in a while. Almost don't want too :)
I picked up some iron pills yesterday,hoping this will help me from always getting tired after so long. I swear the older I get the faster I tire out and need a short nap. Only can't do that while working :lol:

windy
Tue, Mar-30-04, 10:27
Good for you Nancy. I will be glad when I can post lower than the weight I have posted. It seems to be forever coming. I keep plugging away. It is off to Curves today after work. I really like it and the 1/2 hour really goes fast.

One of these days the weight will really move. We are planning on going camping this weekend and I will get a lot of walking in then.

You all have a good day,

Linda

detroitlad
Tue, Mar-30-04, 18:48
Hi ladies , I feel great since i found this wed site i have come to realize that without some support you are doomed from the start!!!!Iam58 years old $ I ask my self were did the years go you guys will have to bear with me I NEVER learned to type so my post will be short take care!

Chloesue
Tue, Mar-30-04, 20:12
Hi Everyone,
I am rather tired tonight so I will be heading to bed shortly.I drank some iced tea yesterday evening when we were out.It kept me awake due to the caffeine.I buy decaffeinated tea bags and caffeine free sugar free sodas so I don't have caffeine all that often.

Won't be exercising this evening since I am on the tired side.This will be one of the 2 days I allow myself to take off each week.

Our weather has turned cold and rainy.It was in the mid 40's with lots of rain today.

I'd like to welcome detroitlad.Hope you will join us in our quest to move more.

Linda....have fun camping.Hope the weather is nice for camping and that you are able to get in plenty of walking.

Jackie...hope the iron pills help and give you the needed energy that you are looking for.I don't generally feel this tired.It's just a lack of sleep last night.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!!!

Nancy

sassy57
Wed, Mar-31-04, 06:38
Hi Detroitlad,I'm 58 too. Only today I feel much older :lol: We got cold weather today and looks like it will be dreary all day. That makes me tired and not wanting to even move. :cry:
Nancy,I hope these iron pills work too,but so far going on my 2nd day and can't even tell the difference.
Gotta go to work.. It is yucky out too.

windy
Thu, Apr-01-04, 09:51
Nancy I have been working my tail off getting things ready to go camping. I will really enjoy it. My DH is vacuuming and dusting the inside of the trailor today. I will try to get the bed made tonight. I have choir practice so will be short on time again tonight.

He bought me a glider rocker that has to be put together but we can do it after we get where we are going. Love that man, he is so good to me and the kids, my mom and our grandchildren.

You all have a good day.

Linda

Chloesue
Fri, Apr-02-04, 06:00
Linda,
Hope you have a wonderful time camping.Where do y'all go for camping? Sure hope your weather is warmer than it is here.It has been in the 30's all week with rain mxed with snow.The weekend is suppose to be about the same.

Nancy

sassy57
Fri, Apr-02-04, 06:15
It is getting that time of year for camping,I see. I don't care for camping,but my DD and everyone here goes. :yay: That gives me free time :yay:
WE are suppose to have a good weekend for it too,so have a good time Linda.
I have to work Saturday from 7 to 1,so there goes part of my weekend :cry:
On the good note,I was told they hired a receptionist and she should start next week :agree: Boy will that take some pressure off of me. I have new respect for receptionists. The crap they take with angry people who call in.

sassy57
Mon, Apr-05-04, 05:39
Did anyone have a problem with the new look of the board? I did Sunday,but today is fine.

Chloesue
Mon, Apr-05-04, 18:49
Hi Jackie,
I noticed the changes yesterday morning but now it seems to be back to its old self.Wonder if they were tweeking it and no one cared for it?

How are you feeling?Hope the new receptionist started today.

Nancy

sassy57
Tue, Apr-06-04, 05:24
Hi Nancy,hopefully the boards will be back to normal :)
No the new receptionist hasn't started yet. Apparently she is on a vacation she had before she got hired. then they have to find someone at the other office,she was suppose to work for.Go figure :lol:
We had alot of people coming in for interviews last week,but in my opinion,not one of them even looked like they had the meanings of a receptionist. That's probably not nice to say,but you can tell alot about the body language. They would do well in other positions,and some were really young. You really get some angry people on the other end sometimes. :agree:
This time change has me dragging a bit,but at least we got tons of sunshine :yay:
Yesterday took me over an hour to get home,because so many roads were closed due to President Busch and the first day of baseball. :cry:
Didn't get time to do much of anything.

jesdorka
Tue, Apr-06-04, 10:05
good morning everyone, well my computer crashed last week and it took until last night to restore it. it's like losing your right arm and i really realized how much of my day to day stuff is tied to the computer these days.been catching up on all the posts this morning and paying my bills which i do online!!
exercise apr 4--walk 60 mins
exercise apr 5--walk 30 mins & snow shovel 20 mins

jes

sassy57
Wed, Apr-07-04, 05:02
I know how you feel Jes. Sad but true with computers. If ours crash at work nothing gets done, and at home? It's like losing your best friend :lol:

Chloesue
Fri, Apr-09-04, 13:52
Hi Everyone,
Want to wish all of you a very Happy Easter.

How are all of you doing? My right knee was giving me a lot of pain this week but it is feeling much better today.I hyper extended it.That's what my daughter called it.After giving it some needed rest it felt much better.Didn't exercise as much this week because of it.I did manage to exercise every other day.

What are your plans for this weekend? We want to have an Easter Egg Hunt with our grandson but it looks like we may have a rainy weekend.It's been so nice to get outside with our grandson this week.Looks like we are back to rain and colder temperatures again next week.

Jes....Sorry about your computer crashing.I have still using my daughter's system until her boyfriend can get mine up and running once again.As a matter of fact my daughter's system is my old computer that really messed up on me.I got a new one after that.Brian was able to get it up and running for our daughter to use.Now I am using it again,lol.How is your daughter coming along with the driving time she needs to get in?

Jackie.....how has your week been for you? Sorry to hear about that messed up traffic.

Linda....how was your first weekend of camping? Will you be camping this weekend?

Nancy

jesdorka
Fri, Apr-09-04, 16:08
hi nancy, so sorry to hear about your knee, trouble with your legs is certainly no fun especially your knees seems to affect everything you want to do so good for you getting some exercise in during the week.
i have put in 30 hrs driver training with my daughter so far, every morning before she goes to work and every afternoon after work as well as on the weekends consequently i do not have time right now to do my WATP or biking as it would mean getting up at 4am however i do try and get walking in during the day. we have another 20 hrs to go so it will be a while before i can get back to the indoor exercise--c'est la vie.

i hope everyone here has a nice holiday weekend, with great weather
HAPPY EASTER to you all

jes

:)

sassy57
Fri, Apr-09-04, 18:00
Nancy,hope your leg gets better. Boy! Anything I can't deal with is my head or my legs so I can't get around much. I'm so used to my hips hurting all the time,I just go on anyway :lol:
I don't have to work this weekend :yay:
Monday the new receptionist starts and I can go back to just doing my job. :yay: Except I have to take a while Monday and train her.I hate training people :cry:
But it will be worth it :agree:
Sure hope this one stays too.

Chloesue
Mon, Apr-12-04, 18:25
Hi,how is everyone doing? It's going to take awhile to get used to the way the forum is set up now.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter with their families.

My knee feels back to normal.I go around saying grateful I am that it is once again pain free.It was really hurting last week but thankfully it healed after a few days.My dog has a habit of running into the back of my legs full force.I find myself bracing my legs which my daughter said caused me to hper extend my knee.

Would love to hear how everyone is doing.We are back to the cold rainy weather once again.Seems like we can go a week with beautiful weather then the next week is rainy and cold.It was raining rather hard today and I don't even think that the temperature made it up to 45.

Jackie....hope the training of the new receptionist was OK today and not too stressful for you.

Jes....hope the remaining 20 hours of driver training go by fast so that you can get back to your regular routine.Has it warmed up much up your way?

Linda....How are you doing? We haven't heard from you in awhile.Have you done much camping yet?

Have a nice evening everyone!!!

Nancy

sassy57
Tue, Apr-13-04, 05:13
Well Nancy,she seems to be ok ;) I sure hope so. I moved all my stuff to my own cubicle and it is so nice to be by myself,where I can just work and not be constantly interrupted. Sure hope she stays ;)
We got the chilly weather back too :mad:
I wish they would put the boards back like they were,it was so much easier.

jesdorka
Tue, Apr-13-04, 09:13
good morning everyone, hope you all had a nice easter weekend.
winter returned here with a vengeance, snowing since last night, probably about 6-8 inches so far, it's heavy and wet, not fun.
over the long weekend my daughter was able to get 7 hrs of driving in over the 4 days so we are getting there, if the snow quits so the roads can be cleared we should be able to complete the 20 hr requirement by next weekend-hopefully :rolleyes:
i just love this new upgrade on the forum :D it is so great and makes it so much easier for me. after the last upgrade in the fall i was unable to use the "post reply" feature or the "chat room" and several other little pesky problems. if i wanted to post a reply i would have to use "quick reply" type a few lines then hit "go advanced" and even at that the text would go right off the page--or i would have to completely switch browsers in order to reply, a real pain in the butt :( , now i can reply by using my favourite browser, everything has such a good look to it and it is so much easier to navigate-IMHO
jackie--if you prefer the old style, scroll to the very bottom of this page and you will see a drop box that says main style,click on it and choose old style and that should do it for you.

exercise for sat apr 10--walk 1hr 4miles

jes

sassy57
Wed, Apr-14-04, 05:06
Jes it didn't work for me. still the same style

sassy57
Wed, Apr-14-04, 05:25
WEll can't change the boards like they were,so I just have to adjust :(
This is not a great week so far and it is Wednesday Thank God.
WE had a new receptionist start work on Monday,which would have relieved my stress. I am doing my job,pluse all the receptionist duties. So,yesterday,she calls in and quits saying she took another job. :mad:
Right when I got all my stuff moved to my own cubicle and was finally going to be able to relax and do 1 job instead of 6. :D
So,now it's back to doing it all until Monday when hopefully a new receptionist will start. :(

Chloesue
Wed, Apr-14-04, 18:04
Hi Jackie,
So sorry to hear that the new receptionist didn't hang around very long.

Hope the one that starts next week hangs around longer.I know you are glad that tomorrow is Thursday!!

How are you doing on your treadmill?

Nancy

Chloesue
Wed, Apr-14-04, 18:08
Jes,
We have been having some awful Spring weather here in southern West Virginia.
Yesterday evening around 5 a severe thunderstorm moved through our area.There was so much pea sized hail that it covered the lawn and looked like snow.Didn't do any damage to the car since it was a small size.

This morning we had some rain which rapidly turned to snow.Only got about 2 inches which disappeared by this evening.The sun came out a little bit late this afternoon although the temperature only got up to 40.

Hope you are able to complete the driving requirements with your daughter this weekend.

How is your snow? Is it still hanging around?

Nancy

sassy57
Thu, Apr-15-04, 05:37
Nancy,wish I could say I'm on it everyday,but not yet. Maybe 3 times a week for right now.
I can't blame the new receptionist if she got a better offer. Hopefully the one Monday will stick around.
Yep today is Thursday and one more day, unless we have to work Saturday. But I don't have to worry about the phones on Saturdays. ;)

sassy57
Fri, Apr-16-04, 05:28
Happy TGIF.. This should be my last day doing all the jobs I have to do at work. The new receptionist is suppose to start Monday. I hope she comes back on tueday. :D
I did the treadmill lastnight and turned the speed up to 25. Talk about not used to walking that fast. My goal is to do it again tonite and maybe I can get into the routine of doing it every night.
We are suppose to hit 80 today. I'm sure hoping Winter is gone now. :D

Chloesue
Sun, Apr-18-04, 08:22
Good Morning,
I believe Spring is here to stay finally.It went up to 80 yesterday and today is suppose to be the same.

We have lots of yard work to get done today.We were going to do it yesterday but our oldest daughter had other plans.She wanted us to go with them(duaghter,son in law and grandson Jeremy)on a drive to Chuck E Cheese's to celebrate grandson Jeremy's 3rd birthday.She's going to have a party next weekend but this was a little special treat for Jeremy.It was a 100 mile drive there and back.Since the weather was so nice it made for a nice day for a drive.That area got up to 90 since they aren't in the mountains.Really didn't feel all that hot though.

We also ventured to a local mall and went to a toy store.When we go to that area we like to go to stores that we don't have around here.

I got in a lot of walking yesterday.I continue to either ride my stationary bike,take walks or do the WATP routine.

How is everyone doing?
Nancy

Chloesue
Sun, Apr-18-04, 08:26
Jackie,
Sure hope the new receptionist sticks around for more than one day.

Looks like you are having the same kind of weather that we are having.

Sounds like you are doing really good with your treadmill.Hope you do OK with the speed turned up.

How have you been feeling? Grandson Jeremy has caught another cold.No wonder with the weather we have been having.Now I am coming down with a cold.Too much togetherness yesterday on our car trip.Haven't had a cold in ages so hope to stop it before it gets any worse.

Nancy

windy
Sun, Apr-18-04, 12:52
Goof afternoon all. Sure is warm but oh my soooo windyyyyy!!

Got in exercise twice last week, had a death in the family it took top priority.

Will be able to get in my three trips to Curves and then some while camping. I am sure glad nice weather has gotten here.

Going out to work in the camper here shortly as my time will be limited this week.

Have a good day and hope to catch ya tomorrow.

Linda

sassy57
Sun, Apr-18-04, 18:30
Sorry you had a death in the family,Linda. I hope all is well .
Yeah,we got the warm windy weather now. I like it in the 60' and 70's myself.
My hips are giving me such a fit this weekend. I know what I did too. I was moving some things to my new work area yesterday and did too much heavy lifting. So,now in between doing laundry today,I had to take time out and lay flat for a bit. My butt just hurts and I'm really stiff. Then lastnight I did too much walking in the stores and again this morning. Sometimes I just have to keep going tho.
Boy,Nancy,I sure hope this receptionist stays too. I'm tired of moving back and forth and it's got my actual work so far behind.I don't think it will take more than just in the morning to train a recptionist. I mean how hard is it to anser multi line phones,if you have the experience already? I could use some less stress at work ;)

Chloesue
Sun, Apr-18-04, 19:49
Linda....sure is nice to see a post from you.I have really missed your posts.Sorry to hear that there was a death in the family.I know you are looking forward to camping now that the weather has warmed up.

Jackie.....sorry to hear about your sore hip.Hope it feels much better tomorrow.I have been bothered with a sore right knee a lot lately.Sure aggravates me since I never had problems with my knees until here lately.It's feeling much better and I don't have the awful pain that I had just a few weeks ago.Sure was nice getting outside and getting the yard work done.It's a little too warm already though.I agree with you.I much prefer the temperature stay in the mid 70's.I don't like it when it gets near 90 although that doesn't happen all that often here in the mountains.

Have a good week everyone.

Nancy

sassy57
Mon, Apr-19-04, 05:21
Nanct, they feel a bit better today. Gosh they should with all that laying around I had to do. ;) Agrivates me tho,cause I sure could have gotten alot more done that what I did. :(
So,here is hoping the new girl comes in this morning and works out for the receptionist position. that will take alot off me,which I am happy for. I hate training people,tho.
Not going to be so hot out today,which is nice too.
One thing about the warmer weather,my appetite is way down and that will help :D
I also drink more water too,and I drink tons of water
Hope everyone has a good day today.

windy
Mon, Apr-19-04, 06:55
Good morning ladies, it is still windy but not as windy as Saturday and Sunday.

Have my T-shirt in tow and will head to Curves after work. My new boss starts training with the old boss today. We are all excited about the change.

I weigh this week and measure and I know that I did not do too well. Got my exercise in but have eaten too many carbs on too many days. Back on track today so hopefully won't need too much damage control.

Linda

Chloesue
Mon, Apr-19-04, 09:37
Good Morning Jackie and Linda,
Nice to see posts from the two of you.

I am also like Jackie and tend to eat less when the weather is warmer.It is also easier for me to drink more water although I manage to get all of my water in during colder weather too.

Jackie...hope the new receptionist works out well today.

Linda...good luck at Curves.Today is a new day and I know you will get back on track.

Nancy

sassy57
Tue, Apr-20-04, 05:30
Nancy,the new receptionist did great yesterday. I'm sure she will show up today. She is quite professional on the phone and this is good. I sure hope so,because I want to get my own stuff caught up ;)

windy
Tue, Apr-20-04, 07:27
Had a great workout at Curves and you are right Nancy it is a new day. I had a great day yesterday and today is going good too. We all get together with my brother that is in from Texas to teach a few classes; for supper this evening.

It is raining here and boy do we need it. Just so it gets all rained out before Thursday as we are going camping for a long weekend. I sure do need it. :) :hyper:

Working a lot our CWF Mother/Daughter Banquet also. My mother in-law is coming in today for a month. She will stay with us and with Allens sister in Monticello. She lives in Oregon so do not get to see her very often. She will be 90 years old this November and gets along wonderfully. She is going to the banquet with me as well as my Mom, daughter in-law and a dear friend.

You all have a good day; I will be in here off and on all day and tomorrow but after that it will be Sunday evening or Monday.

Linda :wiggle:

Chloesue
Tue, Apr-20-04, 18:22
Hi Jackie and Linda,
I tried posting earlier today but for some unknown reason I kept getting that dreaded error message when I was on the forum.Every time I tried to post I would lose the site.Glad everything is OK now.

Jackie.....so glad to hear that the new receptionist is working out great and that she is very professional.I know that must be a big relief to you.

Linda....glad to hear that you had a good day yesterday.Keep up the good work.Enjoy your mother in law's visit.The Mother/Daughter Banquet sounds like it's going to be really nice.I will understand if we don't hear from you much while your mother in law is there.

So far I am having a pretty good week.I am staying low carb.Now that our weather has warmed up I am in a much better frame of mind which really helps in keeping the eating down.My knee is also much better.No more pain.Hope it doesn't act up tomorrow when I have to sit awhile in the car.

Have a nice evening.

Nancy

sassy57
Wed, Apr-21-04, 05:08
Linda,sounds like it's going to be a great banquet. Have a nice visit with your mother-in-law too.
Nancy,it is great to be away from those phones. Judy(our new receptionist) had her taste of it yesterday with some irate people calling in. But she handled it like a pro.She was a bit snippy sometimes but hey you just have to be when these people start telling you what they need or complain and you can't help them.I just felt so helpless when I couldn't help but take a message. ;)
At least now,I can concentrate on my job,I'm so back logged

windy
Wed, Apr-21-04, 07:50
Well ladies, I am proud of myself. Yesterday was not a good day, misplaced my wallet and had my brand new boss of 1 & 1/2 days made me take $10 to go get some lunch, then I got home and discovered that my marquis diamond was missing; not just only the diamond but the whole setting it was in. Despite all of that I still managed to have a low carb day and so far so good today. A few years ago I would have been bawling and eating and eating and bawling. WOW, what a change. Going to go to the jewlers and see what they will do with their guarantee and they did just check it on March 11th.

Have a good day. Curves tonight and I will look there also to see if maybe I lost it there.

Linda

girlmed
Wed, Apr-21-04, 19:21
Hi,

I'm 57 and would like to get in with you guys on the exercising thing. I live in Georgia. I have two grown boys, one married with my three granddaughter's. The girls ages are 12, 8 and 1 years old. My youngest son is not married. I am married to second hubby for 24 yrs. I started the Atkins diet about a week ago. Going good so far. I have lost 6 pounds and have about 30 to go.

Exercise is not one of my favorites. Never have liked it. Maybe with your encouraging I can do better with it. I don't have an exercise bike, but I do have a health rider and weight machine. I also try to walk some. I just hate to get out and walk by myself. There's not really anyone to walk with in this small town. I work during the day. Get home around 4pm.

Anyway, I'd like to join in with you all. You make it sound so easy!! I really need it to be easy! (LOL)

Pat :)

Chloesue
Wed, Apr-21-04, 20:22
Hi Pat,
So nice to have you join us.

Where in GA do you live? I lived in the Atlanta area for 12 years and loved it there.That was right after I got married 1973-1985.My hubby got transferred to St.Louis so we left the Atlanta area.

I either ride my stationary bike or do the WATP routine for exercise.Lately now that it has warmed up I've been doing some walking for exercise.

We also like to talk about our families and what we have been up to.Please jump right in.We will try our best to encourage you to exercise.

Good luck with Atkins.I've been following this WOE since January last year.I am down 36 pounds.It's coming off slower than I'd like but this way it is permanent and I am not regaining any of the weight that I have lost.

Will look forward to getting to know you.

Nancy

sassy57
Thu, Apr-22-04, 04:54
Gee,Linda,you sure had a day,huh? I hope it gets better for you. Don't you hate days like that?
I had a rotton day too yesterday and even tho it wasn't my fault,I'm the one who got into trouble at work. Seems the owner(who is a real winner) called pretending to be someone else. I happen to answer the phone at the time too. I tried putting him thru to whoever was available to take the call.Then he calls back saying he was put onhold for 5min so,I then again put him thru to the supervisor. So,it turns out at the end of the day,I was told it was him and I'm being taken off the phones. I'm happy about it,but when I tried to explain it and that I did what I could only do,I was told that it didn't matter and he doesn't want me answering the phones. What ticked me off,is they know I hated being a receptionist and was good enough to do it for 2months plus my work. Now I'm the bad guy. :mad:
Wouldn't surprise me,if come next week which is pay week at 4:45 I am the next to get fired.
I'm glad you have a nice enough boss to think of you.

Chloesue
Thu, Apr-22-04, 13:51
Hi Linda,
Hope today is a better day for you.Any luck finding the diamond?Did you find your wallet that you had misplaced?So nice of your new boss to help you out with lunch. Good for you for sticking to low carb with all you had going on through the day.

Nancy

sassy57
Sun, Apr-25-04, 05:03
Just checking in here :) Linda how are you doing ?
Well,here is hoping for a better Monday for me. Seems the boss is being transferred to our main office and we are getting a new one. This one,is fair and much easier to work with. Like like a sargent ;)
Sure getting our fair share of rain lately too :( .

Chloesue
Sun, Apr-25-04, 20:04
Hi Everyone,
I haven't checked in for a few days.I've had a cold then I was busy with our grandson.My cold is much better.
We kept our grandson over night Friday.His oarents wanted to get ready for his 3rd birthday party so it was easier for them having him here with us.His 3rd birthday party was a lot of fun.The theme was hot wheels cars which he loves.
I didn't get much exercise in last week due to the cold plus I didn't eat right.Today I am back to eating low carb and exercising.I rode my stationary bike for 1/2 hour today and it sure felt good to get back on it.

Pat...how are you doing? Hope to hear from you.

Linda....did you do any camping this weekend?Any luck finding your diamond?

Jackie...Good luck with your new boss.How are you coming along with your treadmill? Your rain is moving our way.We are suppose to have heavy thunderstorms in the morning and we need to be on the road for hubby's doctor's appointment.

Have a nice Monday everyone.

Nancy

sassy57
Mon, Apr-26-04, 05:08
Nancy,Hope your cold is better. Such a cool granma keeping your grandson so they could get his party ready. I hope it was a terrific party. there are tons and tons of stuff for hot wheels too.
the new boss we have,I've worked with and she is very nice. At least she will listen when there is a problem.She isn't intimadating. Some people just are not made to be manager or boss material. ;)

Chloesue
Tue, Apr-27-04, 07:29
Hi Everyone,
Grandson Jeremy is in preschool as I write.Today is his 3rd birthday.He took cupcakes and juice boxes to preschool to share with his classmates for his birthday.
I rode my stationary bike again yesterday.That makes two days in a row.Want to get back in the habit of riding it since I didn't get much exercise in last week.
I can tell the difference in the clothes that I wore last spring.Got them out last week.Need to get rid of lots of them since they are too baggy.I'm going to make a run to our Super Wal-Mart in a few minutes to look for some summer weight slacks that fit good.Jeans are too warm to wear and I have already bought some capris so now I need some slacks.

We are having a cool spell today.Had to turn the heat on this morning.It was only in the upper 30's.Going up to around 50 today.

My cold is much better.Thanks for asking.

Glad your new boss is so nice Jackie.

Have a nice day everyone:)

Nancy

windy
Wed, Apr-28-04, 07:41
Did not find my diamond. The jewlers are in the progress of figuring out if they will replace it or not. If it is faulty workmanship they will. I seen where I had a missed call last night and it was them so will call them later.

Had a wonderful weekend but succumed to my Aunt Peggys homemade coconut cream pie. It was so very good.

I have been reading the South Beach Diet to see if I might like to try it for awhile. Have any of you followed this? I thought I might seek some info on that board here later if time allows.

Mom in-law is keeping me busy. She is a sweet lady.

Later, have a good day one and all.

Jackie hope all is going well with you. Do you miss being on the phones?

Nancy hope the cold is all better by now.
Linda

sassy57
Thu, Apr-29-04, 05:15
Linda,I sure hope the jewelers can replace your diamond for you. That would be a nice surprise. No,I don't miss the phones. If the people on the other end weren't hateful,with good reason,I probably would,because I've done phones at other jobs and enjoyed it. But not at this place.
Nancy,our new boss worked at this office for quuite a while and she was really a great person. I hope it doesn't change when she officially becomes our boss Monday. I figure,as long as I work and do my job,I should be ok. ;)
I'm also hoping she will take care of the ones who just walk around looking busy or cutting up and taking off when they please.
I've checked into the South Bech diet,but I'm allergic to sea food and from what I see you can have alot of it.

windy
Thu, Apr-29-04, 14:17
Jackie after work today I have to run a copy of my warranty and the checks they have made on my ring, the last one was on March 11, 2004. Sounds like maybe they are leaning towards replacing it. Hope so anyway. Must go as my bosses retirement tea is in a few minutes. Tomorrow is her last day. I will sure miss her but my new boss sems to be a very nice person also. I have had a woman boss since I have been here and now a male boss.

Have a good evening all.

Linda

Chloesue
Thu, Apr-29-04, 19:03
Hi Linda and Jackie,
Want to wish both of you the best with your new bosses.

Linda...hope the jeweler replaces your diamond.

Yesterday when I was at our grocery store I used their blood pressure machine and took my blood pressure and pulse.Sure was pleased with my pulse rate.It was 65 which is on the low side.I read on the Internet that people who exercise can have a pulse rate as low as 40 so my pulse rate of 65 is really good since I exercise at least 5 days a week.

We have some big news here.Daughter Kimberly is expecting a baby.Don't know all of the specifics yet since her first OB appointment is May 11th.She was feeling sick last week and went to the doctor.We thought it was gallbladder flareups since that runs in our family.I had my gallbladder out when I was 27.The test at the hospital showed the baby so now she goes to the OB on the 11th.They ran a pregnancy test at the doctor's office and it did come back positive:)

Have a nice Friday.

Nancy

sassy57
Fri, Apr-30-04, 05:32
Linda,I've had women and men bosses. Most of the time,the men bosses are nicer than the women. In some cases,especially like the one we are losing,they like to act so much superior than you. The only male boss I know who is a total jerk is the owner of this company. I only met him for about 5 min at a Christmas party. He is a crabby old man and no one really likes him,except the woman he is dating. ;)
Nancy,sounds like they are going to take care of it,or at least work with you and that is great.
We will see today at 5:45 if the owner wants me fired. They wait until pay day at 5:45. Pretty cruel I think. But if he does fire me over the phones,then I will file for unemployment and it will give me more time to look for a better job. In my opinion,that is not even a reason to fire anyone.But who am I :wiggle:

Chloesue
Fri, Apr-30-04, 18:31
Jackie...sure hope you still have your job and weren't fired at the end of the work day.

So glad it's Friday.I am a little tired this evening.We are suppose to have a rainy weekend.Got outside some today with our grandson.We may have another frost Monday night.

Did really well with my exercising this week.Have exercised 5 days of the last 7.

Nancy

Chloesue
Sat, May-01-04, 18:23
Just finished my stationary bike riding.Did really well since I had some good music to listen to while peddling along.I am a big fan of Kenny Chesney.That might sound surprising since I'm old enough to be his mother but I love his voice and really enjoy his singing.I was peddling away to one of his concerts that was on CMT.I want to tape that show tomorrow so that I will have it on video to play when I want to some good uplifting music to peddle to:)

Hubby and I got out alone today.Sure was nice.We went for a ride and ate at a restaurant which is called Garfield's.Not sure if it's a chain or not.I ordered one of their low carb meals.After lunch we did a little shopping.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Nancy

sassy57
Sun, May-02-04, 05:14
No,Nancy,wasn't me who got the ax at 4:45 on payday ;)
I went in to work yesterday (we work from 7 to 12 on sat) and found out there was one who got it. In all fairness,tho,she deserved to get fired. She was always late,everytime you turn around she was leaving or not coming in.
So,it was not a surprise. In fact,I spoke to the new boss,and I may just try and see if I like what she was doing. I'm thinking of maybe doing it,if I like it.
Not more money,tho,but it will be entering stuff in the computer and creating invoices. So,who knows.
At least I don't have to worry about losing my job anymore and I may not even want to leave now that we have a boss who is fair and treats us like we are humane ;)
Can someone take a bit of the rain we are having? I think we have enough for the May flowers :D

sassy57
Sun, May-02-04, 05:20
Oh,I forgot,I do have a little of excitement to look forward too. My life is so dull,when something pops up,I forget it. :D :D
To make a long story short here,about 12 years ago,I joined a support online group on the Richard Simmons board. About 10 of us still stay in touch from all over and we have met a couple of times. This year they are going to Minnesota in June,but I can't go. So,this one girl from Texas is coming in to ride with a gilr from Ill. The girl in Ill is picking me up so we can go pick up the one flying in from texas and at least having lunch before they head out. ;)
WE are all in our 50's and 60's and we are called the Platinum Dolls.
This will be exciting,because Janet,who is from Texas I have never met yet,but feel like we have known each other for a lifetime.
Course none of us do RS anymore ;)
WE all met in Chicago a few years ago and had such a great time.

jesdorka
Mon, May-03-04, 21:53
hi everyone, i have finally finished my 50 hrs of co-driving training with my daughter and she has 4 more lessons with the driving school trainer then she can go for her road test, yahoo i can now get back to my own schedule. i think we are finally getting spring here although it snowed for awhile a few days ago, i have now traded the snow shovelling for raking trying to clean up the winter mess and what hadn't got finished before the snow fell last fall. there is something about spring that makes me want to clean up, get rid of stuff and cut back on the clutter :D which also means going through the closets and taking out what doesn't fit and donating it to the sally-ann. i have everything from both ends of the spectrum--too big and too small!!
i have spent the last little while going through the posts from the last few weeks to see how everyone is doing.
nancy- i definitely don't think you are too old to enjoy kenny chesney, i'm a huge fan and i'll be 65 this summer ;) i watch and listen to CMT everyday and when i do my WATP tapes i mute leslie and put on my country discs and exercise away in fact i am listening to him on CMT right now as i type. i see you are doing really well with your exercise doing 5 days out of 7 last week--good for you! and keeping to your low carb plan with all that you are busy with everyday.
linda-hope you are getting everything straightened out with your diamond, what a shame you've had to go through all that. good work keeping up with your curves, that's excellent. curves opened up here last year but i've never been, i can't seem to get my head around the group thing, i prefer exercising alone.
jackie--glad to see you are back doing your own job again and that you have a new boss that will hopefully turn out to be a reasonable person to get along with. i know that working the phones at the front lines is not the easiest job. as a supervisor and manager in the telecommunications industry for 30 yrs i know first hand that these people often are not given credit for the frustrating workload they must put up with so i am sure you are relieved to be away from that job

i strayed a little over the easter long weekend with a few drinks and some easter treats and put a few pounds on (why is it so easy to put on and so hard to take off :( ) 3 more lbs to go and i will be back at my posted weight. :)
i will list my exercise on next post
jes

jesdorka
Mon, May-03-04, 22:14
exercise for apr 16
walk 60 mins--2.4 miles

exercise for apr 19
walk 120 mins--5 miles

exercise for apr 20
WATP1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--5 mins 2.16 miles
walk 45 mins 1.8 miles

exercise for apr 21
walk 30 mins 1.2 miles

exercise for apr 23
WATP 20 mins 1 mile
walk 60 mins 2.5 miles

exercise for apr 24
walk 30 mins 1.2 miles

exercise for apr 24
walk 30 mins walk 1 mile

exercise for apr 25
WATP 20 mins 1 mile
walk 40 mins 1.6 miles

exercise for apr 28
WATP1 20 mins 1 mile
walk 30 mins 1 mile

exercise for apr 30
WATP1 20 mins 1 mile
walk 30 mins 1 mile
rake 1hr

exercise for may 1
walk 45 mins 2.25 miles
raking 1 hr

exercise for may 2
walk 25 mins 1mile

exercise for may 3
walk 60 mins 3 miles
raking 1hr

jes

Chloesue
Tue, May-04-04, 08:01
Good Morning Ladies,
You would think that this was a winter morning since it was all of 26 this morning at 6:30.We had grandson Jeremy over night since his mommy had to leave early on a business trip.We got him off to preschool.He did really well here this morning.This is the first time we have had him over night then got him ready for preschool at our house.

IT's going to be sunny and go up to 60 which will be nice after this cold morning.This is May isn't it???

JAckie....how wonderful that you will be able to meet up with some of your Platinum Doll friends.Sorry that you can't make the trip with them but it's so nice that they want to include you for a little get together before they fly on to Minnesota.Too bad it isn't in Chicago again.That trip wouldn't be all that bad for you since you aren't all that far from Chicago.

Jes...I am so happy for you that the time in the car with your daughter has come to an end.I know you must be so happy that it is done and finished.Now I want to wish her the best while she finishes the course and goes for her license.I know what you are saying about putting on a few pounds.I have a few good days then I go and blow it.I am now up 4 pounds from my lowest on here.Looks like we are both at about the same weight now.Thanks for letting me know that you also like Kenny Chesney.Sometimes I think that I might be too old for his kind of singing since I am a 53 year old grandmother but his kind of music keeps you young at heart,that's for sure.You have done really great with all of your exercising.

Linda....hope you are doing well and continue to enjoy your mother in law's visit.

Nancy

sassy57
Tue, May-04-04, 18:00
Boy I couldn't bring up the support boards for anything this morning. I thought,wow,if they discontinue this,how will I reach you all :(
I'm happy to see if it working again ;)
Nancy,I got my vacation slip oking the 1/2 day in June too to meet with a couple of the ladies and I'm looking forward to it. I know they will have a great time in Minnesota and will send lots of pictures.I hope to make the next reunion tho.
Jes: I am really relieved to be back to just doing my regular job. ;) Not near the stress as doing that plus handeling all the phone calls. The receptionist we got now is just happy to sit there and do only phones. For me,that would be too boring,but I'm glad to be off the phones too ;)

Chloesue
Thu, May-06-04, 14:26
Good Afternoon Jackie and Linda and Jes,
Wonder where the rest of our exercise buddies have gone off too.Really miss having a nice group here to chat with about our attempts at exercising and losing weight.

So far I have had a pretty good week.My weight is now back down to my lowest posted here.Would love to get lower so that I can post a new low weight.It's been nice to wear some tops that were rather snug on me last summer.

Our weather has warmed up into the 70's so it's been nice getting outside in the yard once again.

Hope all of you are having a nice day.

Nancy

sassy57
Fri, May-07-04, 05:30
Nancy,I have no idea where everyone went :(
I'm not really watching what I eat like I should,but when it is hot,I don't eat much anyway. I know I've really been hitting the water more. I do about 3-4 bottles at work. ;)
Glad your tops are fitting better this year. I hate it when they are snug.

Chloesue
Sat, May-08-04, 19:51
I want to wish all of you a wonderful Mother's Day:)

I was able to lower my posted weight on here another pound.I've had a really good week.I have exercised 5 days this week which feels so good.Been watching closely what I eat.Went down a few pounds but not sure exactly since I bounce up and down a few pounds but this time I was able to get 1 pound below my lowest weight since on this WOE.Sure was nice to once again change my weight stat on here.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Nancy

sassy57
Mon, May-10-04, 05:35
Nancy that is great you got to change your stats. Gosh,I can't get below that 198. Course I'm just mainly watching what I eat and not truely working on it like I should. Now is when I eat more salads,tho with the heat and all.
Still having a problem with getting exercise in. By the time I get home from work,I'm too tired or it is a day when my hips are acting up ;)
Then when I remember,it's time for bed ;)

jesdorka
Tue, May-11-04, 11:50
exercise for may 4
walk 40 mins 1.6 miles
yard work 2hrs

exercise may 5
walk 30 mins 1.2 miles

exercise may 6
walk 30 mins 1.2 miles

exercise may 7
walk 40 mins 1.6 miles

exercise may 8
walk 50 mins 1.5 miles

exercise may 10
gravel digging and hauling by wheelbarrow 2hrs!
sore and achy today

hope everyone had a real nice mother's day, my kids took me out to dinner and that was real nice.

jes

Jopalis
Tue, May-11-04, 13:44
Hi. Jopalis & 52! Mother of 3, grandmother of 2. Youngest child is 4!!! LOL! I love to tell people that! Two sons and little girl!!!

Chloesue
Tue, May-11-04, 17:26
Good Evening Friends,
I must admit that I have been doing pretty good this past week or so.I am watching what I eat and have been trying my best to keep my carbs around the 20 limit so that I can continue to lose weight.My weight is not bouncing up this week for which I am very grateful.

I continue to ride my stationary bike for exercise.I feel so good after riding it for 30 minutes.It's a great workout.I rode it or got in other exercise 5 days this past week.

Jes......you did really well with all of your exercise.Bet you are enjoying it now that you no longer have all of those ride alongs.Has your daughter gotten her driver's license yet?

Jackie....hang in there.With eating all of those salads you should be seeing a weight loss soon.I seem to eat less when the weather is warmer.It has helped me a lot that we have continued to have nice weather and that we haven't had any more cold spells.I believe the cold weather is behind us for good now.Could do with some cooler weather though.It's been humid and in the low 80's which is more common in July and not May.

Jopalis....it's nice to meet you.So you have a 4 year old.Bet she is the love of your life.I take care of my 3 year old grandson while his parents work.Some people mistake him for my son which I don't mind one bit.Hope you will make yourself at home and post away.We would love to get to know you.

I am off to ride my stationary bike.

Nancy

sassy57
Wed, May-12-04, 05:32
Hi Linda, I can do salads all summer,then now and then I have to have something much heavier to eat.I need to get to exercising tho :(
WElcome Jopalis: Is the 4yr old your child or grand child?
Jes you are doing great with your report. Hopefully I can start doing that

Jopalis
Thu, May-13-04, 15:58
I have two grown sons, 2 grandchildren (5 & 8) & a daughter who is 4!! Tee hee! New hubby, new baby! She is a joy!

sassy57
Fri, May-14-04, 05:20
I bet she is a joy. New hubby too,huh? Well congratulations on both ;)

Chloesue
Fri, May-14-04, 10:38
Good Afternoon,
I'm having another good week watching what I eat but the scale doesn't want to go down.I need to hang in there and hopefully it will go down when it's ready.I know that we aren't suppose to be a slave to our scales but I love to see the numbers go down.

I continue to ride my stationary bike.Somedays it's a lot harder than others but I keep peddling away.Been doing lots of yard work like raking grass clippings and pulling weeds so that's good exercise too.

Jopalis...I take care of my 3 year old grandson while his parents work.He has been such a joy to us.We love having him with us but he sure keeps us busy and on our toes.I know your 4 year old daughter must be quite a joy for you and your hubby.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Nancy

Chloesue
Tue, May-18-04, 19:20
How is everyone doing? Been a little quiet here.

My weight is staying the same which is OK with me.I am sort of on vacation mode since we leave for Myrtle Beach on Sunday and return home on Friday before the Memorial Day weekend crowd arrives.

The due date for our new grandbaby is November 29th.Since this is a repeat c-section the baby will be delivered the week before which is the week of Thanksgiving.What a special week that will be.

How is everyone doing?

Nancy

jesdorka
Tue, May-18-04, 23:17
hi nancy
good to hear you are doing ok with your weight, i always have to remind myself that if it's not going up--all is ok. congrats on keeping up with the biking, that is so good. i sure believe raking and pulling weeds is exercise, it's what i have been doing this past week, as well as trying to get some walking in every day i have also been scraping, sanding and painting my deck and fence then my granddaughter and i moved a half a dump truck of gravel by wheel barrow from the front to the back of the house--talk about bringing on the aches and pains and feeling my age!!
i will wish you a great vacation now and won't the new grandbaby be something to look forward to. i doubt if i will be on here much through the week. my sister (2 yrs younger than me)from southern British Columbia arrived yesterday for a week. she is a stroke victim and partially paralyzed (she did not look after her diabetes or her weight) her throat is also paralyzed she cannot swallow and eats by tube and her speech is very very hard to understand. she was a very trying person to be with prior to the stroke 5yrs ago and now its worse. i'm already exhausted putting the wheel chair in and out of the car but i'll manage,it's only a week and it gives her son a much needed break.
have a good time and i'll be back next week.
jes :D

Chloesue
Wed, May-19-04, 05:09
Good Morning Jess,
Hope you enjoy your time with your sister.You sure have been getting in some hard workouts with all of that physical work you have been doing.

I know all about looking after a stroke patient and also someone in a wheelchair.My mother in law lived with us after she had a major stroke.It affected her right side and her speech.She got back to walking but her speech never got better.You couldn't understand what she was saying.Her health weakened and she ended up in a wheelchair.We transferred her to her wheelchair plus I know oh so well the weight of a wheelchair.

A few years after my mother in law passed away and my daughters were in elementary school I became a personal assistant to a lady who had MS and was in a wheelchair.I had so much experience with my MIL's wheelchair that it became second nature to care for someone in a wheelchair.

Those were the days when my daughters were only 5 months old and 16 months and having my MIL come to live with us after having her major stroke.Makes me tired to think of it,lol.

Enjoy your time with your sister.

Nancy

sassy57
Wed, May-19-04, 05:14
Hi Nancy and Jes. Jes have a good time with your sister's visit.
Nancy: since my sister was the one taking care of my mom before she passed,this is the kind of work she is looking for. So far alot of promises,but no job :(
I hope she finds something soon.

Chloesue
Sat, May-22-04, 16:01
Just posted and lost the message.I will try again.

Wanted to let y'all know that I will be gone till next weekend.We are leaving in the morning for our vacation to Myrtle Beach SC.We have really been looking forward to this trip.I still need to do my packing.Been busy today attending my great niece's soccer game.

I've done really well keeping my weight down but haven't lost any more.Been getting lots of walking in.I'm really looking forward to the walks on the beach.That's what I remember most from our last trip there 2 years ago.

Have a good week.Will check in with all of you next weekend.

Nancy
(hope I don't lose this one too)

sassy57
Sat, May-22-04, 18:49
Nancy,you have a great vacation and we will see you when you get back. ;)

windy
Sun, May-23-04, 01:31
Missed saying goodbye so I will be here saying hello when you return.

Mother in-law has gone home, one car out of the body shop and the truck in. Diamond replaced in my ring free of charge, getting along fine with the new boss. Have not been fairing so well with LC but have rededicated myself and have a new surge of enthusiasm! :) Guess things are looking up here and am glad that I have not wasted too much time or weight.

A friend is coming over this morning, it is early only 2.31AM, to pull us over to the club as our truck is not home yet.

Hope you have enjoyed your time at Myrtle Beach. Want to go there some day.

The rest of you hello also. I have been hitting Curves hit and miss since MIL has been here but now I am hoping things can get back to normal. Have a good Sunday all. I will try to pop in later.

Linda

jesdorka
Sun, May-23-04, 08:32
good morning everyone, i'm just taking a quick minute to say hi and hope you are having a nice weekend. it is our victoria day holiday weekend here in canada.
i am putting my sister on the plane today for southern B.C. it has been a very long and trying week and i am very tired. i had 3 very bad charley horses through the night last night and since i am taking my calcium and magnesium i wonder if it is due to the long hours of sitting and no exercise except pushing the wheel chair and lifting it in and out of the car--oh well i can rest up tomorrow and get back to my routine next week--gotta go, she is getting up now and needs my help.

jes

sassy57
Sun, May-23-04, 14:53
Linda,I'm glad you got your diamond replaced. You are really lucky.
Jes,glad you will be getting back to normal now ;) that could be your reason for the charlie horses.
Windy,glad to see you checking in ;)
It's been too hot and humid for me to get out and do much. I can't take it when it is really bad out.so,just been stayin in and getting caught up on work.

Chloesue
Sun, May-30-04, 17:45
I'm back from Myrtle Beach and was hoping to read how everyone is doing.Sorry to see that there haven't been very many posts.Hope everyone is well and doing OK.Please let me know how you are doing.

We had a wonderful time at Myrtle Beach.The weather was hot..in the 90's but nice and sunny.Great weather for the beach.I did lots of walking on the beach.I will post my pedometer readings to show that I was good about exercising although I could have done better with the foods I ate.I am up a few pounds but they will come off since I am back to low carbing once again.

Monday:11,019 steps
Tuesday:5,271 steps
Wednesday:7,016 steps
Thursday:9,425 steps

Nancy

Chloesue
Sun, May-30-04, 17:49
I forgot to mention that even though my weight went up a few pounds my body fat level stayed the same.I was so happy to see that.Looks like all of my walking this week really helped to keep the body fat reading the same and not increase like I was dreading to see.

sassy57
Mon, May-31-04, 05:45
Welcome back Linda. It has been slow around here. We have been having storms like crazy here in Missouri.

Jopalis
Mon, May-31-04, 13:03
I feel like my body has turned to mush! I would like to follow Atkins, do some aerobic exercise (treadmill, etc.) and begin an overall resistance training. Have spoken to others who are younger and say you can start any time. BUTT is there anyone out there who began late in life and has developed a toned if not shapely body via weights? I am 52 and totally out of shape. Looking at my bod now is kind of overwhelming. :(

Chloesue
Mon, May-31-04, 15:53
Hi Jackie,
Our area is also being hit by all of those thunderstorms.We are due east of you so the storms track across the country and hit us too.

South Carolina and the Myrtle Beach area are really dry.Wish we could send some of this rain their way.Last week when we were gone there was rain and thunderstorms every day.In Myrtle Beach is was dry,sunny and in the 90's.

It's been in the low 70's here during the day since we have been back home.I am not complaining since I much prefer the cooler weather.We are suppose to get down into the upper 40's tonight.I didn't know it but around 3 AM this morning we were under a tornado watch.Some nasty storms came through our area during that time which woke me up but I didn't know about the tornado watch.

How have you been doing?

Nancy

sassy57
Mon, May-31-04, 16:49
Nancy,at least today is nice out ;) Back to work for me tomorrow and a chance of thunderstorms. I'm waiting for the half of the basement to get dry so I can move stuff back. It was just getting dry when the storms hit yesterday :( At least my phone line dried out now,so I can get online again.
I've got to get these wires hooked up off the darn floor. It hasn't rained like this in years. Not 7 days straight. No wonder there is water everywhere :D

Chloesue
Fri, Jun-04-04, 21:05
How is everyone doing?

I've really been sticking to low carb eating this week.Needed to lose the weight that I gained during vacation.Really hated it that my smaller size slacks had gotten snug on me.They fit me fine now. My watch is once again moving around my wrist and my rings turning around on my fingers.Those are signs that I am once again back down to my lowest weight posted here.I will do a weekly weigh in tomorrow morning when I will know for sure.

It has turned cool here today.Was only in the upper 50's today with lots of rain once again.

Hope to hear how everyone is doing.

Nancy

sassy57
Sat, Jun-05-04, 05:07
Hi Nancy,
I'm really not sticking to anything and I need to get back into doing it. I do eat alot of salads,but lately been snacking on fritos :( . I just need the salt for some reason.

windy
Sun, Jun-06-04, 12:52
Me too, I start and then the next thing I know something comes up and I throw caution to the wind and eat what I know I am not suposed to.

After church today we stopped and got a fresh chikena and DH got the charcoal grill going and we are going to have beer can chicken. I have made a salad for today and one for lunch tomorrow. Hope to have some chicken left for lunch tomorrow also.

I am making a concentrated effort this week to get just one week under my belt once again and then go for one more and so on.

Have a great days ladies.

Linda

sassy57
Sun, Jun-06-04, 17:09
Hi Linda ;)
Yes,I'm going to just take it day at a time. It is suppose to be hot all week,so maybe I will try sticking to salads.

Chloesue
Sun, Jun-06-04, 20:09
IT is such a struggle isn't it Jackie and Linda.I am back down to my lowest weight posted here.I just need to stay motivated and keep the weight loss going.

I am sitting here eating a snow cone that I just made.I used the sugar free syrups so it is low carb and so refreshing.

I need to do better with my exercising.I concentrated on getting my weight back down this week and didn't do too well with my exercising.Once I get on my stationary bike and start peddling I'm fine.It's just getting on it that is the hardest for me,lol.

Hope we all have a good low carb week.

Nancy

windy
Mon, Jun-07-04, 11:33
I have two good days under my belt now and I have a bad cold so streneous exercise is not in my picture right now. I am getting some good food after work tonight and going to take a walk this evening after it cools down some. I wish I had never gotten off the right path. It seems harder to do now than when I started the first time.

You all have a good day.

Linda

Chloesue
Mon, Jun-07-04, 21:38
Linda,
Sorry that you aren't feeling well.Congratulations for having two good days in a row.I know you can do it.Look how far you have come and what you have lost already.You are an inspiration to me.
Keep up the good work.

Nancy

sassy57
Tue, Jun-08-04, 05:07
Boy,you don't have to tell me abut exercise :D Once I get going,I'm ok, It's the get going part that is hard. ;) ;)
Hope your cold is getting better. I just try to take it one day at a time. Use mini goals,so to speak.

Chloesue
Sun, Jun-13-04, 21:23
How is everyone doing?

I've started doing a new exercise routine.I am using exercise tubing.I saw it demonstrated on a Dr. Phil show so thought I would give it a try.It's not hard to do.I really need help with my flabby arms so I am hoping that some of the routines that I am doing will help there.

I also continue to either ride my stationary bike or do some walking.

Hope all of you are doing well and getting some movement in every day.

Nancy

jesdorka
Sun, Jun-13-04, 21:58
hi everyone, it has been awhile since i've been here so i've been catching up on the posts. i have had 2 sets of company over the past few weeks,my daughter got her driver's licence and bought a new car so that's been pretty exciting for us after all this time. we've also been busy with year end air cadet activities and year end high school activities with my granddaughter. she had her 17th birthday this week and somehow it seem's to have stretched on all week :lol: . it's exams for her this comig week and she will be finished on thursday and i've also been busy planning a vacation for her and i. we are leaving here by bus on friday and arriving in vancouver bc on sunday then getting a flight to LA then a shuttle over to anaheim where we will spend a week taking in disneyland/california adventure, universal studios hollywood, san diego zoo and sea world then we will hop the bus and go up to the san francisco area and visit my sister and husband for about 12 days then head back by bus to victoria bc for a couple of days then over to vancouver where my daughter will meet us & spend about 5 days shopping, sightseeing and going to the george strait concert while we're there, my daughter will fly back home and my granddaughter and i will take the bus back north stopping for a few days to visit friends just outside dawson creek bc then arrive back home around the end of july just in time for my granddaughter to head off to cadet camp for 3 weeks.
i've kept up my walking, needed to in order to prepare for this trip :agree: but haven't kept up with the biking or the tapes, so i hope i can handle all the walking. i've decide i will take my cane which i haven't had to use for about 4 yrs but it might be handy just in case. so i won't be on here until after i get back. i hope you all have a wonderful summer and as nance used to say "keep moooooving"
nancy, i just want to say thanks to you for starting this thread, it will be a year in a few weeks that you've kept it going and it's been a great motivator for me to keep up with my exercising and i look forward to continuing when i get back and i know after being away so long i will need to get back at it. i will try to stay low carb as much as possible and hope the walking will offset any setbacks :wave: see ya all later

jes

sassy57
Mon, Jun-14-04, 05:22
Jes sounds like alot of fun with the traveling,shopping and visits you are going to do. Have a great time,ok? :agree:

Chloesue
Mon, Jun-14-04, 10:09
Jes,
Your vacation with your granddaughter sounds wonderful.With all of the fun ahead of you I am now really hoping that I might have the pleasure of having a granddaughter come November.That would be wonderful but another grandson would be nice too.

Sounds like you will be getting plenty of exercising.Congratulations to your daughter for getting her driver's license.You had a big part in that achievment.

Will look forward to hearing all about your vacation adventure.

Thanks for your kind words concerning starting this thread.It keeps me motivated too although there are times that I forget to check in.

Nancy

Nancy

Arizona B
Mon, Jun-14-04, 15:43
Hi Ladies,
My name is Brenda but my friends call me B. I'm 50, the mother of 5 grown children and the grandmother of 13. I'm having a hard time staying on track. I don't have a bike but I do have a treadmill like Leah. I was walking an hour everyday four or five times a week but for the last few weeks I haven't gone near the thing. I hope you'll let me join the group. I can use some buddies. I get some exercise in our pool. The grandkids keep me busy in it at least a couple of times a week.

Arizona B
Mon, Jun-14-04, 16:05
It's me again ladies. I forgot to tell you that I live in Surprise , Arizona. MizHolly is really close to me in Tucson.

Chloesue
Mon, Jun-14-04, 21:29
Hi Arizona B.,
I'd love to have you join us in our quest to lose weight and exercise.I take care of my 3 year old grandson while his parents work.He is one very active boy and keeps me on my toes.

Last week I started using exercise tubing and exercise with it every day for around 15 minutes.I am hoping that it will help me with my flabby upper arms.I also enjoy riding my stationary bike and walking.

If it helps any you can tell us what exercise you do every day.I generally try to do 30 minutes of exercise at least 5 days a week.

Nancy

Arizona B
Tue, Jun-15-04, 11:54
Hi Nancy,
I babysit two of my granddaughter's 3 times a week. They are 5 and 2. Sometimes I wonder how I raised five because at the end of the day I'm beat. I have a treadmill. I was walking 60 minutes a day until the last couple of weeks. I always feel better and sleep better too when I exercise. I'm in the pool almost everyday and I'm going to go back through Induction starting today. My sweet husband is going to do Induction with me. He really doesn't need to lose weight but he is trying to help me get focused again. Thanks so much for letting me join the group. I've been reading some of the entries and everyone sounds really nice. I'm having a hard time losing weight riight now because I'm going through menopause. Adkins has really helped with the hot flashes and the night sweats but it seems like I lose 5 lbs. and turn around and gain 3. I'll really be glad when I'm completely finished. I don't take any hormone replacement and I don't plan to. Everyone keeps telling me that once you are completely finished that it gets easier to lose weight. Lord, I hope so. I have lost 25 lbs. but I still need to lose 50 more. Hope everyone has a really great day !!

Chloesue
Tue, Jun-15-04, 19:05
Hi Brenda,
Sorry I missed your name yesterday.It's so nice to have you join us and add a new mix to the rest of us struggling to lose weight and exercise.

Seems like I have the same problem as you do in regards to the way I lose.Lately I have been doing really well with losing a few pounds sticking to induction then low and behold I gain the same pounds back the following week.Last week was our wedding anniversary and hubby's birthday so I didn't eat like I should have.Now I am trying to do better this week.

So you also know how it is to watch grandchildren.Grandson Jeremy loves all of the attention we give him.He will be attending preschool three days a week starting August 23rd.That will give us some days to adjust to having his sibling to care for after the beginning of the year.We are all anxious to find out if it will be another boy or a girl.

We had a road trip today for my hubby's doctor's appointment.I've done my exercise tubing routine but that is all.Really don't feel like riding my stationary bike.Will make sure that I ride it tomorrow.

Nancy

sassy57
Thu, Jun-17-04, 05:21
Hi Nancy and all the new ones. I'm 58 and have 2 girls and between the 2 of them I have 2 grandaughters and 1 grandson.
I am seperated and live with my daughter ,her hubby,and my grandaughter,Brittani and grandson Ryan. they are 10 and 9.
My biggest problem is getting into exercising and staying. I got the tredmill,ab machine,and all sorts of tapes. But when I get home from work,I'm bushed and don't do anything.

MariaDiana
Thu, Jun-17-04, 05:42
If I don't exercise in the AM then it's not gonna happen. I'm also too tired after work. The one exercise I don't mind doing after work is swimming, I go to our local YWCA at least twice a week, what it does for me is very calming after a day of tension and corporate BS at work....
I won't use machines, because I don't enjoy them, and I won't stick with anyting I dont enjoy.
Gentle stretching is about all I can do and even then it's best done in the morning.
DianaMaria

Arizona B
Thu, Jun-17-04, 08:49
Hi Ladies,
Yesterday was really hectic so I didn't get to post. We are redoing our bathrooms and I also had two of the grandchildren so I had my hands full. There are some days I wonder how I ever raised 5 kids. Needless to say I didn't get to walk on my treadmill but I did get in the pool with the kids for several hours. Grandkids are great but Lord they have alot of energy ! Nancy, Jeremy sounds about the same age as my Chealsie. She starts Kindergarden in August but I still have her little sister Julia. Julia is two so I'm looking forward to having some special time with just her when her sister goes to school. We have 13th grandchildren all together. The oldest is 13 and the youngest is 3 weeks old. You can just imagine how crazy our house is on the Holidays. I must admit the times that they are all here is when I'm the happiest. Got to run for now but I'll keep in touch. Have a great day ladies.

Chloesue
Sun, Jun-20-04, 18:50
Hi Ladies,
Sounds like we are all busy with our daily lives.Now that grandson Jeremy age 3 isn't in preschool for the summer we are even more busy with him.Just wish the rain would let up some so that we could get outside with him more.He has so much energy.

I continue to do well with my exercising.I've been exercising with my exercise tubing for about 15 minutes every day then I either walk or ride my stationary bike.

Maria Diana...it's nice to have you join us.Please continue to stop by and let us know how you are doing.

Brenda...how is your bathroom remodeling coming along.Sounds like you have a wonderful Christmas when all of your children and grandchildren are there.How are you doing on Induction?

Jackie...how have you been? I believe all of the rain from your area has moved on to our area.We have had a very rainy month with some flooding in areas which have caused the area to get national disaster help.Today was the first day in weeks that rain wasn't in the forecast.Sure was a nice way to start the summer season.I know what you mean about being tired in the evenings.After having grandson Jeremy for 12 hours when 7 PM rolls around I am quite tired and just want to sit down and rest.I usually have to force myself to get on the stationary bike.

Hope all of you have had a nice weekend.Will look forward to hearing how everyone is doing.

Nancy

sassy57
Mon, Jun-21-04, 05:29
Hi Nancy :wave:
WE are still getting more rain today. I see it is now heavy in your area.
Grandkids are a joy,and I wish I had just 1/4 of their energy :lol:
My grandaughter who is going to be 11 next month was on the go from 7am yesterday with softball games until around 7 and then she still kept going. No wonder she is skinny as a rail :lol:

Chloesue
Thu, Jun-24-04, 04:37
Good Morning,
Wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing.

Have any of you had the frustration of doing really well with what you eat and exercising then not see the scale go down?

I am doing better with both my eating and exercising.I have a habit of getting on the scale every morning.I was so disappointed to see the scale go up a pound after having such a good string of days without any cheating and not over eating at all.Guess I will just keep at it and maybe the whoooosh fairy will pay me a visit soon.

I really like using the exercise tubing.It's not all that hard and really feels like a good workout.Sure hopes the arm exercises help with these flabby arms!!

Nancy

bevbme
Thu, Jun-24-04, 05:25
I really like the bands too. I hate using the barbell type weights-I'm afaid I'll smash into my nose or drop on my toes or something.

Chloesue
Tue, Jun-29-04, 18:16
I am over my frustration since I did manage to lose 3 pounds when I weighed in on Monday.

Really want to do good this week so that I can be below my loest weight stated here.It would be so nice to finally say that I have lost 40 pounds.I have 3 more pounds to lose to get there.

Hope everyone is doing well and check in when you can.

Nancy

sassy57
Thu, Jul-01-04, 05:39
HI Nancy, on my way to work and thought I'd say hi :wave:
I should pull mine out and get started doing something too. I have all this stuff and don't stick with it. I always get side tracked. :agree:

Chloesue
Sun, Jul-04-04, 07:26
Happy 4th of July to all of you!!!

We didn't make any special plans since rain is in the forecast.Would love to have gone on a picnic but they aren't any fun in the rain.

I reached a big milestone in my weight loss journey yesterday.I am now down 40 pounds and feel so much better for it.Sure keeps me motivated to see the pounds continue to come off.

Nancy

bevbme
Mon, Jul-05-04, 10:12
I went to a ballgame. I had never been to a baseball game before. It was terribly muggy and the sun was setting directly across the field from me so I never saw the ball for most of the game. After dark the wind came up they got their fireworks show off then it started pouring rain. The only exit was jammed-it was more then an hour to get out. I think Im staying in next year.

Chloesue
Thu, Jul-08-04, 19:25
How is everyone doing?

Been rather quiet here so I hope everyone is doing OK.

Had a fun day with grandson Jeremy.We took him to our local park.He had a great time and I got in a lot of walking just keeping up with him.We have taken him to other parks but have now found out that he likes our local town park the best.That is good for us since it isn't all that far from where we live.

Nancy

Arizona B
Fri, Jul-09-04, 12:44
Hi Nancy,
Sorry I haven't checked in lately but we've really been busy with the house. We finally got all of the painting done. We got all of thre light fixtures and faucets changed and they come tomorrow to tile the entry wall and the kitchen. Everything is really looking fantastic but boy it's been alot of work. I haven't had a chance to use my threadmill for the last couple of weeks but by Monday everthing will be back on track and I'll be able to get back into a routine.
My granddaughters love the park just like Jeremy. It's a great way to get some excercise. Since Arizona gets so hot we have to go early in the day . I guess I better get going and get some work done. Have a great day.

Chloesue
Tue, Jul-13-04, 04:42
Checking in to let y'all know that I am still around but not exercising the way I should.

Last week I exercised 4 days of the 7.I try to exercise at least 5 days of the 7.

Last year at this time is when I got my new stationary bike.Sure wish it had an odometer where it showed how many miles I have ridden it since then.That would be nice to see.

I got back on my stationary bike yesterday after not riding it for a week or so.I have decided that I need to start riding it more.Since I was able to ride it a lot this time last year I should be able to do the same now.We have been having quite a bit of humidity so my energy has been zapped.Just need to get on that bike and peddle away.I will be much better for it.

Hope the next time I check in I will have a much better report.

Nancy

bevbme
Tue, Jul-13-04, 05:13
Weather has been a real mealdown Good for you getting on bike again. Only time I can get outdoors is early in the am -even then the humidity is cloying.

I can do 1mile WATP before I go to work-with fan going air feels ok.

bevbme
Mon, Jul-19-04, 14:55
I have been working in my front yard trimming the overgrown shrubs. Hard work and I get a kink in my side bending over so I take lots of breaks.

Chloesue
Tue, Jul-20-04, 07:45
Hi Bevme and everyone,
That is something we need to do but we keep getting the pop up showers when we have the spare time to do it.It would be hard to do with our grandson there since hubby and I do it together.I have always enjoyed doing it and shaping the shrubs.

How has everyone been? I have been so busy with my grandson since son in law Gerald has been doing so much over time.He was off this past weekend so I had some time to relax.

I continue to exercise on my stationary bike.It has felt so good to get back on it and peddle away.The first few times it was a little hard but now it is getting easier.Our cooler weather sure has helped too.

Been thinking of Jess and hoping that she is having a nice trip with her granddaughter.

Don't remember if I mentioned here that our daughter is going to have a girl the week of Thanksgiving.We are so thrilled that we will now have both a grandson and granddaughter.

Hope everyone can check in and let us know how you are doing.

Nancy

Chloesue
Sat, Jul-31-04, 14:50
It's been awhile since I last stopped by.I was hoping that there would be a few more posts.

Will try to keep this thread going but if the interest isn't there I will let it drop due to lack of interest.

It's been a year since I got my new stationary bike.I am so happy to say that I continue to ride it and that it hasn't become just a piece of furniture.

Trying to exercise at least 5 times a week.

Hope to hear how others are doing.

Nancy

windy
Sat, Jul-31-04, 15:01
Hey Nancy, I have come back. I had taken an hiatus from LC and tried WW, to say the least I am back on the LC wagon starting tomorrow morning. I managed to gain back a few pounds so have to REDO some work already done and them move forward.

I will be in here more regular again.

Things have been hectic around here. Have done a little camping but not near what we thought we would. Have a little garden going, hubby just finished roofing the garage. We built a new storage shed earlier this summer. Comtemplating building one more.

At work things are hectic too as we are remodeling and what a mess. Started right after commencement in May and still have 16 rooms down and none finished. Have two new bosses so the stress level was heavy for awhile. My immediate new boss, John, is ok in my book. He is learning and we are relearning how he wants things done.

I have 17 months until I retire and I can hardly wait, but wait I must. I want to have most all of this weight off so we can go and have a good time. We want to camp a lot more and possible be gone for three months during the winter. Time will tell if we are able or even want to do that at that time.

Our youngest grandson is spending the night tonight. He helped his grandpa up on the roof this afternoon. Tomorrow we are taking him boating, swimming and tubing. He loves to do that.

The oldest wanted to stay home as he has a girlfriend he does not like to be away from!!! He will be 16 September 11th. Dylan will be 12 August 21st. They are growing up so fast.

Have a wonderful day and catch ya later. :)

Linda

sr5
Sat, Jul-31-04, 16:14
Hello...turning 50 in August so I might as well join now (was going to wait until I was actually 50).

I just started back on the forum again after being away for several months.

I have one married daughter and three granddaughers ages: 6, 3 and 4 months.

My daughter, grandchildren and me are going swimming this afternoon.

Does everyone have grandchildren?

Chloesue
Sat, Jul-31-04, 18:22
Hi Linda and SR5(please tell us what to call you)

So glad I posted on here today.I have had this thread going over a year now so I was getting rather discouraged when the postings dropped off.

Linda.....welcome back.I sure did miss you.Thought maybe you were busy with all of the camping that you planned on doing.Sorry to hear that you gained a few pounds.You have done so well with your weight loss.Is it going to be hard to switch back to low carb after WW.Was wondering since they are so completely different.I am now down 40 pounds give or take a few pounds that I gained this past week.I didn't do too well since I wanted to splurge and make a special dessert.Let's just say that the dessert was so good and it caused me to want other foods that I really didn't need.I will be looking forward to hearing from you.Have fun with your grandson tomorrow.My big news is that our daughter is expecting our second grandchild the week of Thanksgiving.Grandson Jeremy is now 3 and will be big brother to a baby sister.

Hi sr5,
Welcome aboard.We would love to have you join us.I have one grandson with the second on the way the week of Thanksgiving.I am 53.I see that you also have a 3 year old granddaughter.When is her birthday? Grandson Jeremy was a preemie weighing only 3 pounds 3 ounces at birth.He was born April 27,2001.We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of his baby sister the week of Thanksgiving.How does the 3 year old granddaughter get along with her 4 month old baby sister.I might need to come to you for advice.We stay busy watching grandson Jeremy during the week while his parents work.He keeps us on our toes that for sure.He is a very active 3 year old boy.Hope you had fun swimming with your daughter and granddaughters.Where do you live here in the US.I live in the southern mountains of West Virginia.Good luck with low carbing.What do you do for exercise? I will look forward to getting to know you.

Nancy

sr5
Sat, Jul-31-04, 19:34
:) Hi Linda,
Thank you for the welcome!

Just call me SR if that is okay (my initials). Swimming was postponed until tomorrow

My oldest granddaughter Maddy(6) was born on March 18, the middle Keri (3) was born on October 5, and the baby Jennifer (4 months) was born on March 25. The 3 year old get along fine with baby. The oldest one has to be watched...she is autistic and gets carried away trying to play with the baby.

My exercise routine is the same one I have had for quite awhile...four days a week I walk up to a park (1.7 miles) then run 3.3 miles home...three days a week I lift weights. I also stretch for 20 to 30 minutes. When I combine it with lowcarb it really works for me.

I'm from the Pacific Northwest and have lived in the same town all my life.

What do you do for exercise? I would be interested in hearing what others do also.

SR

sassy57
Sun, Aug-01-04, 07:52
Hi Nancy :wave: I should stop in more often too. Just get sidetracked with stuff I guess. I can't believe Summer is almost over. Except for the heat :)
We are suppose to have a scorching August,so we will see.

windy
Sun, Aug-01-04, 08:55
Sr that nice letter was from Nancy. I just got on this morning as we had our grandson yesterday. He is up now and eating breakfast. Taking him boating, swimming and tubing this afternoon.

I have been off for a while too and could just kick my own behind. :bash: Now I have to work to take off what I had already done. I am so thankful that I came to my senses before it was all back on. I guess that is my only ray of sunshine here.

Nancy thanks for the warm welcome back. It is nice to know that I have friends here that are with me. I have made myself a promise to do it one day at a time. I am hoping that switching from WW back will not be too hard. I know now that I definitely know what works and just need to do it. I will be here a lot for :help:. I am going to when humanly possible post to my journal every day.

Hey Sassy can'r remember your name but is it Jackie? It will be nice to be back in here again.

You all have a nice day and I will try to get back in here this evening sometime. I also can check in once in awhile at work.

Linda[/SIZE][/SIZE]

sr5
Sun, Aug-01-04, 12:51
Sorry Nancy and Linda...

Well we are going swimming today...infact in a few minutes.

Have a great day everyone!

jesdorka
Sun, Aug-01-04, 21:18
hi everyone and welcome to the new people that have joined since i've been away.
well i'm back home after 5 1/2 wks travelling with my 17yr old granddaughter. we travelled by grayhound from whitehorse to san diego zoo and seaworld, universal studios hollywood, disneyland/california adventure, alcatraz &san francisco then to my sister's about an hour an a half from SF visiting about a week, then on up to victoria and vancouver, british columbia shopping & checking out the tourist attractions there and then on up to northern B.C. to visit with friends for about a week and then back on home. we got back home just in time to celebrate my 65th birthday which is actually tomorrow, but we celebrated it early as my granddaughter had to leave yesterday for air cadet camp for 3 wks. needless to say it's fun to go on a holiday but it is always great to get home & relax & sleep in your own bed.
the downside to all of this travelling and eating out & at theme parks etc for most of the trip and then celebrating with food and drinks with family and friends is that i gained 18lbs!!(i have to change my stats) & my granddaughter who is also a low carber gained 8 (she doesn't drink alcohol). i can say thank heavens for all the walking and swimming we did do or it could have been a bigger disaster than it is ;) since my granddaughter is off to camp she won't be able to get back on plan until she gets bac home but with all the exercisesthey do at camp and teen-age metabolism she should be ok.
for myself i have to get back on track & i was thinking about doing atkins induction for a few weeks & of course a regular exercise program as well, getting back to the stationary bike,WATP, walking and some swimming when the pool opens back up in sept. i will decide in the next couple of days what day next week i will commit to begin my plan and start reporting my exercise again on this thread, it's the motivation i need to keep me going everyday.
hope you are all having a great summer weekend, i just bought myself a table top gas bbq this weekend and cooked a steak and had a salad, it was great and plan to do more while the weather holds, never know here in the yukon how long the summer weather will last and jack frost will hit so must make the most of it :lol:

jes

windy
Mon, Aug-02-04, 09:01
Hey Jes sounds like you had fun with your granddaughter. I know you must be glad to get home and your own cooking.

Have a good day,

Linda

Chloesue
Mon, Aug-02-04, 20:42
Jes,
HAppy Birthday tomorrow.Wanted to say that before I forgot.

I have been thinking of you and looking forward to having you check in on your return home.Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your granddaughter.How wonderful to be able to bond like that.I am sure that once you put your mind to it that you will have the weight off that you gained while away.

Last night I did the WATP routine for 30 minutes.I hadn't done that in ages.Sure felt good.I am looking forward to doing it more often once my grandson is back in preschool later this month.I will have a few mornings free then.

I will go back to posting my exercise here since I am so motivated when you post all of your exercise.Maybe we can once again motivate each other to keep up with our exercising and eating right.

Welcome back!!!

Nancy

Chloesue
Mon, Aug-02-04, 20:57
So glad that I posted again a few days ago even though the posts on here had gotten few and far between.Looks like we are all pretty motivated to get our weight off and exercise as well.

Will look forward to hearing how everyone is doing.

I will post my exercises starting with yesterday.

Sunday:WATP Super Challenge 2 miles for 30 minutes
Monday:Rode stationary bike 6 miles for 30 minutes

Nancy

good2beme
Wed, Aug-04-04, 00:12
Hi everyone,

My name is Ramona and I am almost 51. (As in, real soon!) I have three grown kids, but no grandkids yet. My friends are starting to have their grandbabies now, and I am looking forward to it, but I guess I'm glad my kids are waiting to finish their education to start their families.

I reached my goal weight and more a few months ago, but still like to hang out here. I am determined not to gain my weight back after I got fat during the change :), and still watch my carbs. I'm a lot more active then I ever was before.

Have enjoyed reading your posts, hope to chat again soon!

Ramona

windy
Wed, Aug-04-04, 11:59
Good afternoon Nancy, been hectic here at work so just a quick hi and try to get on here this evening.

Linda

Chloesue
Wed, Aug-04-04, 15:31
Hi Everyone,
This continues to be a better week for me.I have stayed low carb and I am seeing the pounds go away this week.I am almost at the weight I have posted here.Really want to get below 200 which is a few pounds away.If I keep doing the way I am doing this week it won't be long till I am there.

Everyone posting has been a real boost for me.I continue to exercise.It has been in the low 80's and quite humid here so that sort of drains my energy as far as doing things.Tomorrow the cold front is suppose to come through and drop the temperature into the low 70's.I real feel more like riding my stationary bike then since our house isn't air conditioned.

Now I want to see what everyone has been posting.

Tuesday's Exercise:
Walked 1 hour

Wednesday's Exercise:
Worked in the yard for an hour

Nancy

Chloesue
Wed, Aug-04-04, 15:36
Hi Ramona,
Really nice to meet you and welcome aboard.I am looking forward to your posts.Congratulations on your weight loss and reaching your goal.

I became a grandmother 3 years ago after my oldest daughter graduated from college and became a licensed social worker.Grandson Jeremy is 3.We keep really busy watching him during the week while his parents work.He will be starting back to preschool in two weeks.He will go three mornings a week.We will have a little break during that time until his mommy has her second child due the week of Thanksgiving.Come January we will be really busy watching a tiny baby once again.

Please keep in touch with all of us.What kind of exercise do you enjoy?

Nancy

Chloesue
Wed, Aug-04-04, 15:39
Sr5,
How are you doing? We haven't heard from you since the weekend.

Linda...how are you doing? Sounds like you are really busy at work getting ready for the new semester to start.

Will look forward to hearing from everyone when they have a chance to check in with us.

Nancy

sr5
Wed, Aug-04-04, 21:51
Hi Nancy,
I'm doing great...and you? It's my busy week at work...I have two payrolls this week.

I will start posting my exercise also.

Saturday: walked 1.7 miles/ran 3.3 miles
Sunday: walked 1.7 miles/ran 3.3 miles
Monday: Yoga and Weights for one hour
Tuesday: walked 1.7 miles/ran 3.1 miles
Wednesday: Yoga

I'm sticking to 20 carbs per day!

SR

Chloesue
Mon, Aug-09-04, 05:10
Good Monday Morning,
I thought that I would have a chance over the weekend to check in but it ended up being a very busy weekend around the house.

I continue with my exercising.Our weather turned cooler which has been so invigorating.

I last posted Wednesday's exercise so I will post the remaining of the week now.

How has everyone been? Please don't stop my absence from posting keep you away from posting.Things will settle down some for me when grandson Jeremy returns to preschool in two weeks.He will go Mon-Wed-Fri so I will have a few hours free those days.

Thursday:
Rode stationary bike 6 miles for 30 minutes
Friday:
Rode stationary bike 3.34 miles for 17:18 minutes
Walked for 1/2 hour
Saturday:
Worked in yard for 3 hours
Sunday:
Day off

Will look forward to hearing how everyone is doing.

Nancy

windy
Mon, Aug-09-04, 06:10
Good morning Nancy, Had a wonderful weekend, lots of walking and helped hubby move many, many tons of rock around Saturday.

I lost 6 pounds this last week. Have no idea how many it will be this week but I realisticly know it will not be 6 pounds again.

Have a great day,

Linda

jesdorka
Tue, Aug-10-04, 15:10
hello everyone
well my unexpected visitors that were here a week have left, ive cleared the house of the non-lc food and the booze left by them. our company bbq is over and i've committed to restart my food and exercise plan. i thought i would do atkins induction for the 2 weeks and then move back to protein power. i will going back to measuring and weighing my food while on induction and go back to entering my food daily into fitday. i will get back to drinking 4 to 5 litres of water a day, cut out diet pop and get back to 1 or 2 cups of coffe a day. my exercise will consist of the Walk Away the Pounds tapes, stationary biking and walking. i will do this mon to fri, i want to get back to doing WATP3 again and some good mileage on the bike and walking. my first weight loss goal is to start a losing pattern and work off what i gained on vacation and when that is accomplished i will re-evaluate. i've started as of today.

todays exercise:
watp 1--20 mins 1mile
bike-- 8.19 mins 2.67 miles
walk--35 mins 1.4 miles
total--63.19 mins 5.07 miles

jes :agree:

Chloesue
Fri, Aug-13-04, 19:47
Hi Everyone,
Sorry that I haven't posted since Monday.Things will settle down here some once grandson Jeremy is back in preschool.Son in law Gerald also finally won a bid to get on day shift where he works.He has been working the grave yard shift since he started working there 5 years ago.Duaghter Kimberly is so happy that Gerald will be home in the evenings with her and Jeremy and baby Mariah once she arrives.I won't know how to cook when it will be just Ken and me for dinner in a few weeks.Guess it will be nice to find out.Daughter Kimberly doesn't like my low carb cooking so it will be nice not to hear those complaints plus I won't have to think about making foods that a preschooler will eat too.

I did the WATP routine today.Really want to do it more often once I have some mornings free in a few weeks.

Looks like I haven't posted my exercise since Sunday.

Monday:Rode stationary bike 6 miles for 30 minutes
Tuesday:worked in yard an hour
Wednesday:walked 1 hour
Thursday: Rode stationary bike 6.27 miles for 30.42 minutes
Friday: WATP Super Challenge 2 miles for 30 minutes

I have a few replies but will send this and come back with another message.

Nancy

Chloesue
Fri, Aug-13-04, 19:56
Hi Linda and Jes,
The two of you are really doing great!! Keep up the good work.

Linda..moving that rock must have been a great work out for you.Congratulations on your weight loss.Hope you have had another good loss this week.

Jes....looks like you are really getting back to exercising.I must say that I consider keeping up with my grandson lots of exercise every day.He weighs about 32 pounds now so lifting him is a great arm work out.I must say that riding my stationary bike and doing the WATP routine are both great workouts.Don't you agree?Hope you have continued to have a good week.

Nancy

windy
Sun, Aug-15-04, 13:48
Have not weighed until tomorrow morning and am hoping for a nice loss. I know I will not lose 6 pounds every week but will be happy with 1-2 pounds.

Have been hitting it hard at work so no extra exercise. Friday started at 4 AM and quit at4:30PM. Worked 8.5 hours Saturday, I do not work Saturdays,so have enjoyed today doing nothing.

At work I have been getting rooms put back together that have been down for remodeling. WOW!!! I have only 64 more to go before I retire December '05.

Have a good evening all of you.

Linda

jesdorka
Sun, Aug-15-04, 15:51
hello everyone, i hope you are all having a good weekend, it is a 3 day holiday weekend here. it is the Discovery Days weekend celebrating mostly the miners that came from seattle by boat to skagway alaska and then climbed the chilkoot pass and travelled on to the Klondike to pan for gold in 1898. we've had extremeley hot weather the past week with many forest fires flaring up again, none are threatening here but there has been a smoky haze for the last few days.
i've finished the 1st 5 days of induction, no problems, actually i'm feeling great and i am in ketosis and have lost 3lbs as of today. the exercise is helping too, but boy it is llike brand new all over again, huffing and puffing :lol: and i can only do WATP 1 and to think i had worked myself up to WATP 3 last spring!! today i joined the christmas 2004 challenge and set my goal for 30lbs lost in 20 weeks, thats about a pound and a half a week. it will be good to be accountable on a weekly basis and if i don't meet the exact goal that's fine i will just carry on into the new year.

wednesday exercise
WATP1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--10.20 mins 3.9 miles
walk--30 mins 1.2 miles
total--60.2 mins 6.1 miles

thurs exercise
WATP1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--11.17 mins 4.14 miles
walk--30 mins 1.2 miles
total--61.1 mins 6.34 miles

friday exercise
WATP1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--13.04 mins 4.86 miles
walk--30 mins 1.2 miles
total--63.04 mins 7.06 miles

saturday exercise
walk--90 mins 3.6 miles

jes :wave:

Chloesue
Sun, Aug-15-04, 19:53
Hi Linda and Jes,
You are both doing really well.We are going on a little get away with grandson Jeremy from Wednesday to Saturday.Needless to say my mind is already in vacation mode so I have been a little lax in watching what I eat.

Come this time next week I will once again be motivated to eat low carb and get more of this weight off.I continue to exercise.Sure don't want to mess up with that too.I know how hard it is to get back to exercising if you fall off of the wagon.I have pretty much kept up with exercising on a daily basis since last July.

Linda...you sure have been busy at work.Sounds like you are getting plenty of exercise getting the rooms back in order at work.Hope you were able to get some much needed rest today.Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow morning.

Jes...Thanks for explaining Discovery Days to us.Good for you on your weight loss.I know what you are saying about the WATP.I haven't done it all that much over the summer since it can get warm in the house.We don't have air conditioning since it rarely gets above 90 here.Back in the winter I was able to do my regular 2 miles of the WATP routine without any problems.Now I am rather tired getting through the 2 miles so I need to build my endurance back up.

The Christmas challenge sounds quite interesting.I will check into it.I amy just join you there.Your exercising looks really good.

Will check in again before we leave for a few days on Wednesday morning.Have a nice Monday.I will go and post my exercising now.

Nancy

Chloesue
Sun, Aug-15-04, 19:55
Weekend Exercise

Noticed I last posted my exercise on Friday so I will now post what I did over the weekend.

Saturday:
walked for an hour
Sunday:
Pulled weeds for 1/2 hour

Nancy

Arizona B
Mon, Aug-16-04, 08:31
Hi Everyone,
Jes, the Discovery Days sounds interesting. Linds, getsome rest. Sounds like yu can use some. Are you alwys so busy at work or is it your busy time of the year ? I'm going to look into the Christmas Callenge. I'd love to lose 30 pounds by Christmas.
Nancy, I hope you guys have a great vacation with Jeremy. Cheating a little can sometimes restart your metabolism but try to be careful anyway. I don't have the granddaughters today so I'm going to start back on my treadmill. Wish me luck. It's monsoon season here in Arizona and we got one heck of a storm last night. We really needed the rain but afraid afraid that one big rain isn't going to fix 9 years of draught. It's usually really dry here but today will be humid because of the storm. Have to run for now and get some work done. Hope everyone has a great week. I'll check in later in the week.

jesdorka
Fri, Aug-20-04, 13:11
catching up on reporting my exercise

tues aug 17

watp1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--15.05 mins 5.86 miles
walk--40 mins 1.6 miles
total--75.05mins 7.6 miles

wed aug 18

watp1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--15.08 mins 6.15 miles
total--35.08 7.15 miles

thurs aug 19

watp1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--15.19 mins 6.03 miles
walk--50 mins 2 miles
total--85.19 9.03 miles

hope everyone is having a good day and have a great weekend:)

jes

Chloesue
Mon, Aug-23-04, 09:08
Hi Everyone,
We are back home from our little get away.Had a great time and got lots of walking in.My eating wasn't all that great but that is another story.

Grandson Jeremy had his first day back to preschool today.I have set a goal to get my exercising done the mornings he is in preschool instead of waiting till the evening when I am more tired.Just finished with 2 miles of the WATP so I am on my way.Sure can tell I haven't done it all that often over the summer.Hope to get back up to speed with it soon.It is such a good workout.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping up with their exercising.

Monday:

Nancy

Chloesue
Mon, Aug-23-04, 09:12
Jes,
You are doing great with all of your exercising.

How are you doing with the WATP? I am able to do the 2 miles but the last 5 minutes really gets me.Hope to being doing much better with it within 3 weeks and maybe be able to go on to the 3 miles.It's a 4 mile Super Challenge workout but I have never made it through all 4 miles.

What kind of bike to you have? You do great with your miles and time.I have a regular stationary bike and it takes me 30 minutes to go 6 miles.

Keep up the good work.

Nancy

jesdorka
Mon, Aug-23-04, 14:18
hi there nancy

glad to hear you had a good holiday and that you will have some free time in the morning to exercise now that your grandson is back in preschool. i know for me i must absolutely get my exercise done in the morning or it won't get done! i often do walking later in the day but watp and the bike are done as soon as i get up. i am still on watp1 and last week i thought my arms would fall off with using the weights!! hopefully this week i'll have more stamina. congrats to you on doing watp2, it'll be awhile til i get there:) as for my bike, i bought it just over 2yrs ago from sears. it is a stationary bike and it is called a recumbent bike, it sits low to the ground with a full size seat that has a back so you can sit very comfortably and it also has handles so you can exercise your arms at the same time and of course it gives you miles travelled, minutes, speed at which you pedal and calories burned. the last 2 i don't bother recording but the miles and minutes i do. i watch tv while i bike and play games by picking up my speed during commercials which usually last about 2 mins then slow down to my regular speed when the show comes back on (whatever it takes i figure:lol:))
today is my last day of induction and i have managed to lose 8.5 lbs as of this am, now it's just to keep going. my granddaughter just returned from cadet camp, where there is no such thing as low-carb:rolleyes: so today she is going on induction just to get rid of the carbs in her system and get back in the swing of low-carbing before school starts sept 1. she only put on a couple of pounds because i think the high carb food & rations they had to eat was offset by the intense exercise they did every day.
hope you have a good week and keep on with your routine
jes

jesdorka
Mon, Aug-23-04, 14:25
exercise for friday aug 20

watp1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--10.17 mins 4.12 miles
total--30.17 mins 5.12 miles

exercise for saturday aug 21

raking, digging garden, cleaning yard--1.5 hrs

exercise monday aug 23

watp1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--16.15 mins 5.55 miles
walk--55 mins 2.2 miles
total--91.15 mins 8.75 miles

jes

Chloesue
Thu, Aug-26-04, 19:36
Here it is Thursday already and I haven't posted since Monday.Where do the days go?

Been a busy but productive week.I have stayed low carb so the scales are going down.I have also exercised every day either by walking or doing the WATP routine.It's such a good workout that I have decided to conentrate on it for now.

Jes...you are doing great.Glad you are sticking in here with me.Don't know where everyone has gone off to but we will show them how well we are doing!!I got my stationary bike from Sears a year ago.It's a regular kind of stationary bike so that explains the difference in time and mileage when we ride our bikes.

You have done great on induction losing 8.5 pounds.I am sticking to induction this week and so far I am down 5 pounds.I seem to do better when I stick to induction and really watch what I eat and not stray off course.Let me know how your week has been.

Nancy

Chloesue
Thu, Aug-26-04, 19:37
Nancy's Exercise Since Monday:

Tuesday:
walked 1 hour

Wednesday:
Walked 1 hour

Thursday:

Nancy

grammiedee
Fri, Aug-27-04, 23:19
Hi ladies, only read through one page but sounds like where I should fit in in the forum circuit - have been looking around but not really found THAT place. Is there room for one more?
I'm 57 and grandmom to 4. Love them all and want to be around to see them grow up.
If you've got time stop by my journal and yell HI!

sassy57
Sat, Aug-28-04, 05:15
Hi Jes,Nancy and everyone else. I don't get to stop in here very often,but I see you all are doing great. I just got a new WOTP tape and it is for over 40. It's been a while since I have even done it,so I'm going to take it slow.

Chloesue
Sat, Aug-28-04, 09:02
Grammiedee,
We would love to have you join us.We would love to get to know you.

I am a 53 year old grandmother of 3 year old grandson Jeremy.Our daughter(Jeremy's mommy) is expecting a girl the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.This is a planned c-section.She had Jeremy 6 weeks early weighing only 3 pounds.We are praying that she goes full term this time and has a full term baby.

I know what you mean by saying you love your grandchildren.Grandson Jeremy is very special to us.Hubby is retired so we stay busy taking care of Jeremy during the week while his parents work.He just returned to preschool on Monday so we have 3 mornings a week now.That will change after baby sister Mariah arrives.

See you live in Louisville.I am in the southern part of West Virginia.

Join right in and let us know how you are doing with your exercising.I have had this thread going for over a year so I so glad when new ladies join and stick around.

Will look forward to getting to know you.

Nancy

jesdorka
Sun, Aug-29-04, 13:41
hi everyone
i haven't been here for a couple of days, i started to have computor problems wednesday night, it would crash and i'd get it up and running again and then down it would go:thdown: yesterday my son was able to come over and sort it all out for me and has been ok so far!.
nancy and jackie, i like your new avatars:)
grammiedee, welcome to this thread, i've read some of your posts on different threads, however i don't do the journals very often, i started one some time back but just found it was too much pressure to keep it up.i keep a record of food and exercise in fitday and subscribe to a few threads and read lots of posts here and i find that is enough or i would be on here 24/7.i've subscribed to this thread since nancy started it and it certainly has been a motivator for me,whenever i think i'll just skip my exercise for the day i start thinking "ya and what will i report" and that usually gets me
going:lol:. i am 65,single, retired for 10 yrs, 3 grown children, 2 granddaughters. 1 granddaughter lives just around the corner from me so we see alot of each other, she is 17 and for 2yrs now she has been low carbing along with me and has done very well, losing 60 lbs the 1st yr and works now to maintain.
arizona b-how are you doing with your treadmill? did you make it ok through monsoon season, how long does that usually last?

have a good week everyone,
jes

jesdorka
Sun, Aug-29-04, 14:08
exercise:

mon aug 23
watp1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--16.15 mins 5.55 miles
walk--55 mins 2.2 miles
total--91.15 mins 8.75 miles

tue aug 24
walk--30 mins 1.3 miles

wed aug 25
watp1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--15.20 mins 5.57 miles
total--15.40 mins 6.57 miles

thurs aug 26
walk--60 mins 2.5 miles

fri aug 27
watp1--20 mins 1mile

sat aug 28--mowing, raking, yard and shed clean up 3 hrs

jes

Chloesue
Sun, Aug-29-04, 16:57
Hi Jes and Everyone,
Glad your computer is working Ok now thanks to your son.You are doing really well with your exercising as always.You granddaughter has done really well low carbing.

I have joined the Christmas challenge also.It is keeping me motivated and I think twice before I eat something I shouldn't.I lost 6 pounds this past week which was my first week back on induction.Hope to do well this week too.I have made up my mind that I won't let the way my husband eats influence the way I eat.He hasn't been eating the way he should and I was sort of following his lead some what.No more of that as of last Sunday.I am back on induction and will not let the way he eats influence me at all.The funny thing is that he is a diabetic and should watch his carbs.I eat the way he should and he eats like he isn't diabetic which isn't good.He knows how to eat but really doesn't seem to care.

It has been so warm and humid here that I haven't felt much like exercising since our house isn't air conditioned.It has been cooler for me to get outside and walk instead of doing my indoor exercising.

Friday:
exercise tubing for 15 minutes
rode stationary bike 3 miles for 15 minutes

Saturday:
Walked for 1 hour

Sunday:
day off from exercising

How is everyone else doing?

Nancy

sassy57
Mon, Aug-30-04, 05:21
Hi everyone :wave: Jes,glad you liked my aviator. I'm really bad on having pictures of me taken tho. I see myself different than others,I guess :lol:
I started doing the wotp tape of over 40 and it is really a good one. Now if I can come home tonite and do it again is the question? :D

Chloesue
Mon, Aug-30-04, 09:24
Just finished doing my WATP 2 mile workout for 30 minutes so thought I would stop by and say hi.It was easier to do since it is cooler and over cast today.I was struggling with it a few days since it has been so warm and humid here.

Jes...thanks for the comment about my avator.As you can see my grandson is very special to me.Keep up your good work with exercising and losing weight.

Jackie...I love your picture.You have such a nice smile.What is the name of the WATP tape that you are using.It sounds like something that I would like since I am way over 40.Sometimes I feel like I am way over my head using this Super Challenge one since it is rather advance.I don't do all of the steps that she shows since there is no way that I could keep up.I keep going but mix in some other steps instead of jumping around and going so fast.

Have a nice Monday everyone.

Nancy

Monday:

llwilson
Mon, Aug-30-04, 11:16
Hello ladies!

So glad to find a thread of ladies over 50. I will be 54 in November and have been married 33 years and soon will be 34 in Sept. We have two wonderful children 31 and 20.

I live in the country and am terrified of seeing snakes so I do not walk the country lane to our home. If one would crawl on the blacktop I would certainly have a heart attack.

I have "ole arthur" in both knees, C, T, and L spine, carpal tunnel in both hands and also in my ankle and hands. I have a glider and have been needing real motivation. I will begin tomorrow.

I work as a transcriptionist in a nearby hospital so I sit for 8 hours or more per day and my butt surely shows it. Need to get at least 25-30# off.

Keep motivating me ladies!

Chloesue
Mon, Aug-30-04, 19:14
Hi LLWilson,
So nice to have another new lady join us.Hope you continue to stop by and make yourself at home.

I started this thread over a year ago and so thrilled that it is still going and having new ladies stop by and join in.

I will be 54 in October so we were both born in 1950.Hubby Ken and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary in June.

Do you have any grandchildren? I have one grandson Jeremy.He's 3 and we stay busy watching him during the week while his parents work.He started back to preschool on Monday so I have 3 mornings a week free.Still have to get up early those days since his mommy leaves for work before he goes to preschool.

Where in the country do you live? I live in the southern part of West Virginia in the Appalachian mountains.

Will look forward to hearing how you are doing on the glider.

Nancy

llwilson
Mon, Aug-30-04, 23:01
Thank you for the great welcome!!!

I am a grandmother of two grandchildren. Briana is 9 and Bryce is 3. I love being a grandparent.

I am a radiologist transcriptionist at a nearby hospital in Ashland, KY. My address is Ironton, Ohio, just across the Ohio River from Ashland, KY and Huntington, WV.

My daughter is a medical transcriptionist too. She works at home and has been lucky enough to be able to keep Bryce home and away from daycares for three years. He will be 4 on Sept. 25 and Bri will turn 10 in November. Time goes so quickly.

I also type part time for an attorney I worked for 9 years. I stay very busy so I don't have to dwell on aches and pains. My only problem is I am mentally tired and have to make myself exercise.

My 21 year old son is a Marine reservist and is going to take his EMT test tomorrow for national registry. Everyone please pray for Ryan. He seems to know what he wants to do with his life. So far he has not been called out to war, but they keep saying probably January.

I have been doing low carb since Feb 2003. I stalled and quit losing and even gained 5#. I am now trying CAD/CALP and this is my second week. I did lose 2.5# the first week. I do miss my diet coke! I also take green tea capsules to try to rev up my metabolism (if I have one!). Have been taking them for 2-3 weeks now. Maybe that is what jolted the 2.5#, who knows.

Let me know how everyone else is doing! I sure am enjoying this site!

penelope
Mon, Aug-30-04, 23:16
I have been off a structured LC diet for the last year. I just try to be careful; it means that I gained all my weight back.
I hit a long plateau after doing Atkins for 7 months and became discouraged. I am now reading the Diabetic version of Atkins. There is a tread on the Forum on Carb Cycling and I find it very uplifting. I am looking forward to start over again.
Pene

sassy57
Tue, Aug-31-04, 04:44
Thanks Nancy for the compliment. I really don't like taking pictures of myself. I got 2 videos off of Ebaby. this one is WALK AEROBICS 40 PLUS WORKOUT.
Leslie Sansone has so many different types of walking videos and dvds out now. This one you are walking 2 miles. I know have about 3 of her videos and I haven't yet seen these in the stores. I only ended up paying about 5.00 for this one and it is worth it.

grammiedee
Tue, Aug-31-04, 06:54
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - time flies.

would love to join up. still haven't read all. Any special requirements in exercixing or just go for it.

fluffybear
Tue, Aug-31-04, 18:21
Hello,

I have been on some of the other forums, but not on here. I am 58 years old and weigh 255 and am trying to lose 80 lbs. I have had a terrifically hectic spring and summer. I went from Ohio to Florida for my youngest son's college graduation and we had a little family reunion that week at Disney World. Then we sold our house and moved. After that I went to Texas to take care of my elderly mom while my brother went on vacation. Also I have been having a lot of dental work (had 2 teeth pulled and 3 dental bridges built). Ouch! During that hectic time, I tried to go on a low carb diet. I lost 10 lbs. on Atkins but then fell off the wagon and regained 5 lbs. So tomorrow I am going to try to start low carbing again. Wish me luck. I need a lot of support since I am sort of a diet wimp.

Fluffy

Chloesue
Tue, Aug-31-04, 20:19
Hi Fluffy and Everyone!!!
Come right on in and join us.Good luck with gettting back to low carbing.We are here to encourage each other with exercising too.

Gramiedee...we don't have a set way of posting our exercising.Just whatever is comfortable with you.

I did the WATP 2 mile super challenge for 30 minutes this evening.I have found that it is much easier for me to do it in the morning than wait to the evening.By the time the evening comes I am rather tried from taking care of my 3 year old grandson all day.

It's so nice to have all of the new ladies joining us.Hope all of you join right in and make yourself at home.

Nancy

grammiedee
Wed, Sep-01-04, 18:54
Hi All,

Nancy - that grandson of yourss is a doll. I've got 1 grandson and 3 granddaughters.

Can't stop for long tonight as the crud is going back and forth in the house - now my daughter has it - hate to leave SIL solo with both girls 2 and 1 year olds.

As soon as I get off of here I WILL waslk 1.25 miles on treadmill.

Gotta scoot. More later. Good LC week to everyone.

Chloesue
Wed, Sep-01-04, 19:59
Grammiedee,
Sorry to hear your daughter's family is still so sick.Sure hope you are feeling OK.I know you have your hands full with sick grandchildren so you are doing great getting on the treadmill!!

Nancy

Chloesue
Wed, Sep-01-04, 20:00
Thought I would post my exercise for today.
Wednesday:

Walked 1/2 hour
worked in yard 1/2 hour(would have done more but the sun was quite warm beating down on me)
worked with exercise tubing for 15 minutes

Nancy

sassy57
Thu, Sep-02-04, 05:19
Hi all. Fluffy, I'm 58 too soon to be 59 in NOV. Right now I'd doing weight watchers,but still come here for support. :) I just started back on my treadmill and it's 4 days now. I sure hope to keep it going.

llwilson
Fri, Sep-03-04, 10:52
Way to go Sassy!

I did Sweatin to the Oldies yesterday and felt to energetic all day, but today so far I have worked in my flower garden by the kitchen, done a load of laundry and that is all. Have to leave early for work! Keep up the good work!!! Linda

grammiedee
Fri, Sep-03-04, 19:52
Hi All,

Managee to do 1.25 on the treadmill today. Not only is daughter sick but now the 1 year old has it too. UGH!!!!

Chloesue
Sat, Sep-04-04, 09:57
Hi Everyone,
I have caught a head cold so haven't exercised the last two days.Will be glad when I feel better to get back to my WATP workout.

I have had two good weeks back on Induction.I am down 3 pounds this week and was down 6 the week before.

Hope everyone is doing well and continues to exercise.

Nancy

grammiedee
Sat, Sep-04-04, 18:50
Hey All,

Got today's exercise in 1.25 miles on treadmill. Not much but better than nothing.

sassy57
Sun, Sep-05-04, 06:06
well,no exercise for me yet this weekend. I'm just actually doing nothing. Today,I will probably get on the treadmill when I feel like getting up and staying up :lol:

jesdorka
Sun, Sep-05-04, 13:38
hi everyone

hoping you are all having a great labour day weekend, fall is here already in the north, lots of rain and and a couple of nights last we week we went just under the freezing mark overnight. today is starting to clear up with some sun starting to appear so hoping for a couple of nice days, need to get the car washed (somehow the rain just doesn't do it;)) congratulations nancy on your weight loss during induction--you are doing great:thup:
last week's exercise:

mon aug 30
watp1--20 mins 1 mile
walk--70 mins 3 miles
total--90 mins 4 miles

tues aug 31
watp1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--18.42 mins 7.13 miles
walk--60 mins 2.5 miles
total--98.42 mins 10.63 miles

wed sept 1
watp1--20 mins 1mile
bike--15.15 mins 6.03 miles
total--35.15 mins 7.03 miles

thurs sept 2
watp1--20mins 1 mile
walk--70 mins 3 miles
total--90 mins 4 miles

fri sept 3
watp1--20 mins 1 mile
bike--11.04 4.01 miles
walk--75 mins 3 miles
total--106.04 mins 8.01 miles

jes

grammiedee
Sun, Sep-05-04, 18:38
HI All,

Ignoring the treadmill today but took the granddaughters out for walks today totaling about 1 mile.

Chloesue
Sun, Sep-05-04, 19:56
Wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone.I still have this head cold so I am not up to doing any exercising.

Hurricane Frances down in Florida sure is horrible.We are suppose to get the remnants of it come Wednesday with some heavy rain.Really need the rain but not so much at once.

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend.

Nancy

grammiedee
Tue, Sep-07-04, 19:45
Hi All,

Monday 1.25 treadmill
Tuesday 1.25 treadmill

Keep moving.

grammiedee
Tue, Sep-07-04, 19:48
:Hi All,

Monday 1.25 treadmill
Tuesday 1.25 treadmill

Keep moving. :hyper:

Deneen :wave:

grammiedee
Tue, Sep-07-04, 19:53
Don't know how I did that.

Deneen

csoar2004
Wed, Sep-08-04, 07:59
Hi ladies, may I join you?
I'm 51, started LC over 1 1/2 years ago (just after using diet pills to get rid of 30 pounds and nearly landing in ER for emergency surgery due to liver damage. D'oh!), flushed away 57 pounds and over 23 inches and went from size 2X to size 6 (reached goal weight after about 7 months). I've been in maintenance over one year. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Anyhoo, my veddy VEDDY fave exercises are:
winsor pilates mat workout (feels like fun, it's low impact and has really given me back my flexibility!) and rebounding (a low impact cardio workout). Man, nothing like jumping on a mini-trampoline for getting the lymphatic system moving out the cellulite. Not ta mention it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much fun! :thup: ;)
I'm off to do a hundred (or 3) jumping jacks on the rebounder :wave:

PS. DH and I are also fans of recumbent bicycling. Generally I do 16 mile rides about 3x a week.

grammiedee
Wed, Sep-08-04, 20:25
Wednesday=Bad me no exercise.

Deneen

Chloesue
Thu, Sep-09-04, 05:14
Hi Everyone,
I've been rather busy but got in 1/2 hour of walking yesterday.

Daughter Kimberly was diagnosed with gestational diabetes yesterday so we are all sorting through that now.She hasn't been eating right during her pregnancy.She has 2 months left in her pregnancy so she is taking this wake up call very seriously.

Nancy

llwilson
Thu, Sep-09-04, 14:10
Welcome Csoar!
I am doing CAD. I can't imagine losing as much weight as you! Congrats!!!! We love new members.

I've been on vacation to the Smokies the last three days and boy did it rain from the hurricanes. I only went off my diet once and that was last nite. Had an ice cream cone long after RM and it made me sick. I guess that is what I get!

Did a lot of walking while I was gone. I have a glider that I will start on tomorrow. I got a new CD to listen to while exercising. Keep up the good work. Do you drink a lot of water?

Linda

Arizona B
Fri, Sep-10-04, 07:07
Nancy I hope your daughter gets to feeling better. Young people sometimes have to have a wake up call in order to take care of themselves. Hi, Csoar ! I've found that if I eat sugar my stomach hurts and I feel hung over the next morning. Well, ladies we went to Hooters last night with a group of friends and I stayed right on track. Instead of beer I drank Ice Tea, and I ate naked wings instead of regular wings along with a Ceasar salad. I started Induction again on Monday and I've lost 4 lbs already. I'm already feeling better and I'm determined to have a clean Induction. Things are finally starting to settle down down that we are back from Indiana. It's suppose to be 107 today and in the upper hundreds this weekend so I plan on spending alot of thime in the pool with the grandchildren this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend and wish me luck for the rest of the week. Csoar, what is CAD ?

csoar2004
Fri, Sep-10-04, 14:11
Hi, Csoar ! HI :wave: Csoar, what is CAD ?Well, actually, it's llwilson who is following CAD (carbohydrate addict diet, I believe).

I'm following the Fat Flush Plan, myself! :thup:

I'm off to do about 300 jumping jacks on my rebounder (wahoooooooo!) Have a lovely weekend, all!! :D

grammiedee
Fri, Sep-10-04, 18:23
Chloesue,

Hope all goes well for your daughter. Fingers are crossed.

1.25 miles on treadmill to come after I get done on pc.

Deneen

jesdorka
Sun, Sep-12-04, 13:55
hello everyone
nancy--how is your daughter doing? i hope she has come up with a food plan that will take her safely through the remainder of her pregnancy.
linda--good for you staying on your food plan during your vacation, that is always the hardest time for me.
B--what a variation in the weather between us, you at a 107 and we're down below freezing every night this past week and up to the 40's during the day!
csoar--you certainly have an energetic exercise routine. congratulations on being better than your goal weight for over 7 months:thup:
deneen--good going on the treadmill, keep it up and keep on keeping on with your water;)
jackie--how are you doing?
i've been a little under the weather this week, nothing much just a few more aches and pains than usual and a sore back now and again. i didn't do much exercise this week and that could either be the cause or the reason:D
i walked --tues 90 mins 3.6 miles and thurs 40 mins 1.6 miles
i went down 2.5 lbs this week which is amazing since i did very little exercise so i am very happy with that and determined to get my regular exercise routine in next week
have a good week everybody

jes

Chloesue
Sun, Sep-12-04, 19:30
Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your concerns regarding daughter Kimberly and her gestational diabetes diagnosis.Her readings have been in the normal range over the week.Since I am familiar with carbs and the diabetes link I have been able to steer her towards the foods that are better for her.She has learned to eat plenty of protein.Her OB and the dietician both stressed that she needs plenty of protein.Seems like the times that she messes up is when she is at work and eats lunch.She can't consult with me then.She is learning by her readings what she can and can't eat.

My cold is getting better.I did the 2 mile WATP routine a little too strenuously and now my knees are bothering me some.This same thing happened a few months ago.Guess I need to go back to my stationary bike riding for awhile.I was really enjoying the WATP routine too.

My weight stayed the same this week.I had good loses the two previous weeks so I guess my body is taking a little rest.Hope to get back to losing this week.Really want to get onderland soon.

Nancy

Chloesue
Sun, Sep-12-04, 19:43
Thought I would take a few minutes and catch up with everyone.

Csoar...congratulations on reaching your goal within 7 months then being in maintenance for over a year.What an inspiration to go from size 2X to size 6.I will look forward to getting to know you.We need someone to cheer us on as we all work on getting slimmer and healthier.

Deneen...you are doing great with your treadmill.How have you been?

Linda...You mentioned vacationing in the Smokies.We go there.We usually stay in Pigeon Forge.We live in the southern part of West Virginia.Where do you live? We also do lots of walking in Pigeon Forge.It is nice and flat compared to the mountains and hills in our area here.

Arizona B....congratulations on your 4 pound loss being back on induction.I am also back on induction.I lost 6 pounds 3 weeks ago and 3 pounds 2 weeks ago.This past week I stayed the same.Really hope to see another loss this week.

Jes...Sorry to see that you haven't been feeling well.Congratulations on being down 2 pounds.You have been doing really well since being back from the trip with your granddaughter.

Will check in again when I have the chance.

Nancy

Arizona B
Mon, Sep-13-04, 08:24
Jes- where are you that the weather is so cold ? Nancy, glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. Csoar, I wish I had your energy. I'm going to start my pilates and treadmill today. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a small cheat on Saturday but I'm still losing. Talk to everyone later.

csoar2004
Mon, Sep-13-04, 09:31
Ok, so I'm back in P1 for two weeks (it's a quarterly thing) and that means I hafta cut back on my exercise (dang!!). So this mornin' I'm only doing the "easy" Pilates 20 minute workout and rebounding for oh...15 minutes.
No, REALLY! ;)
lol
Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!
Have you read, Before the Change by Gittleman? It really has helped me (especially in the perkiness area. heh heh). :thup:

windy
Mon, Sep-13-04, 09:37
Good morning Nancy. I am so glad to see you in here. I have been having such a rotten time and have once again started fresh today. So far so good, one day at a time. I am walking and have purchases a pedometer to be sure that I get 10000 steps a day. I am happy to say that most days it is at least 10000 if not a little over so if I have one that is down some I am still doing ok. I read that it takes 2000 steps to burn 100 calories.

Have a good day,

Linda

Chloesue
Mon, Sep-13-04, 17:56
Hi Linda(Windy),
It is so nice to see you again.Sorry to hear that you have been having a rotten time of it.Good luck with getting all of your steps in every day.I believe 10,000 steps is about 5 miles so you will be doing lots of walking.

I was really dedicated to doing the WATP routine for 2 miles which took me 30 minutes.Don't know what happened or maybe it was all of the pounding and jarring my knees were getting but my right knee is bothering me again.This happened a couple of months ago too.Looks like I will need to go back to riding my stationary bike again.I won't go back to that till my knee is feeling better.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing with your walking.

Nancy

llwilson
Tue, Sep-14-04, 22:35
Hello ladies!

Had a great time in Pigeon Forge. I do a lot of walking there and this time with the hurricanes, we walked a lot in the rain. Who cares I'm on vacation, right? I live in Ironton, OH and it takes about 4-1/2 to 5 hours to get to Pigeon Forge. This time we stayed at Johnson's Inn in Gatlinburg. Cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. Will make it my all time favorite! Cross the street and you're in downtown Gatlinburg. Had no money to spend as we needed new struts on the car. Oh well I enjoyed eating out and being away from home and two jobs.

I had no problem sticking to my diet since the Carbohydrate Addicts diet you eat low carb breakfast and lunch and eat anything you want, including breads, desserts, potatoes, etc, for supper within 60 minutes. I lost 4.5# on induction, but have slowed down since then. I really like the diet. I can eat anything for dinner so that keeps me legal the first part of the day.

Today I got on my glider and glided while Richard Simmons sweated to the oldies. Ha! My knees hurt too bad to do the exercises on the tape. I swear I'm 53 and falling apart. I figure I got 30 minutes worth of gliding in. Don't know how many calories I burned.

Trying to drink lots and lots of water. I do well through the week at work, but do poorly on weekends.

Sure enjoy this thread!

Linda

Chloesue
Thu, Sep-16-04, 05:13
Good Morning Ladies,
Wanted to stop by while I can and say hi.I am rather frustrated since my weight continues to stay the same.I have let up on my exercising since my knee has been bothering me this week.Don't know if not exercising has anything to do with my weight staying the same.

When I first started on this WOE over 1 1/2 years ago I wasn't exercising but I was losing weight OK.Now that I have let up on exercising my weight is stalling.Seems like my food intake is about the same.It is just so frustrating since I want to get below 200.

We are in for some heavy rains thanks to Hurricane Ivan.There is a flooding watch for our area here in the southern mountains of West Virginia.

Have a nice day everyone.Hope I can start reporting my exercise soon.Want my knee to feel better soon.Think I got a little over zealous doing the WATP workout.It might just be a little too much pounding for my knees.

Nancy

csoar2004
Thu, Sep-16-04, 08:12
Nancy-
I've found that keeping my body guessing helps move off stalls. On FFP, that often means returning to Phase 1 or changing exercise routine.
Not sure if this is "kosher" or not...but have you thought of returning to induction and/or changing your exercise? I think water aerobics wouldn't hurt your knee and it would keep you moving...just a thought! :thup:

Arizona B
Fri, Sep-17-04, 12:45
Hi Girl's,
Well, I started Induction a few days ago and was going great and all of a sudden I got a visit from Tom. Haven't had a visit in several months and couldn't figure out why all of a sudden the scale said I had gained 4 lbs. Lord, I hate these visits !! Hangin in there so hopefully in a few days the scale will show a drop in numbers. Is anyone else having a hard time losing because of peri-menapause ?

Kabina
Fri, Sep-17-04, 18:30
Hi Arizona.
I am new to the forums. I have been lurking recently but when I saw your message regarding having a hard time losing in peri-menopause, I decided to join. I am experiencing the same thing.
I have always had to watch my weight but in the last 2 years (I am 54) I have gained 10lbs and just can't seem to lose a single pound - it is so frustrating!

Arizona B
Sat, Sep-18-04, 10:19
Welcome Kabina ! I've gone threw the hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, and the weight gain in the last three years. The night sweats have pretty much gone away. I occasionally have a few bad days with hot flashes and the mood swings are alot better but the darn weight is forever a problem. I weighed this morning an the whoosh fairy had paid me a visit. I've lost six lbs this week. I'm thrilled but I have to keep in mind that I have 44 more lbs I want to lose. The forum is fantastic !! All of the people here are so supportive and it really helps to know that you always have someone to talk to and that they understand what you are going threw. Hope you stick around !!