Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 19:50
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default 2nd timer

Hi everyone. This is a pretty cool forum! I started initially in 1997, lost about 40 pounds, and went until last year with no weight gain. Then a couple crises and high stress caused me to eat a donut one day, and I went completely out of control for about 5 months! Gained back 35 pounds. The turning point for me was a lack of energy to keep up with my family and people making comments about how I seemed tired all the time. Guess I was lucky that they didn't also say I was fatter!!

Today is my 2nd day of Induction, 2nd time around. I almost lost it and had a slice of pizza, but was able to keep strong. Can't wait to get past the withdrawals. The one thing keeping me on track right now is that my energy is already back up and I am solidly in ketosis. This time around I plan to lose the 35 and about another 10 on top of that. I start my workouts tomorrow.

And I will definitely check in here for inspiration!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 20:33

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%

Welcome back! We're glad you're here.