Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-13, 16:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/165/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Starting the new year with adkins

Hi Everyone - Happy 2013. I am ready for change to a better me. I have battled with my weight all my life and ready for a healthier me. I am anxious to get started and welcome any tips or recipes you would like to suggest. Since I work as a Cafeteria Manager I am around food all day and need quick go to's in a pinch. Looking forward in meeting you and all the support you can offer.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-13, 17:56

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Welcome!

Do you have access to a refrigerator? If so some quick go to items you can store in there include: hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, cold cuts (watch out for added sugar), tuna salad, celery sticks, summer sausage, salads with full fat dressing, leftovers from dinner.

I like to eat my tuna salad (with full fat mayo) and green pepper slices. Also, I like to wrap slices of ham or turkey or salami around a cheese stick or a celery stick.

Also be sure to look around the forum at the recipes. There are lots of good simple ones for items like flax seed muffins or desserts made with cream cheese that you can make ahead of time and take with you.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-13, 18:30

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I can see your delema. Being prepared definitely will be you defense against the challenges of cafeteria food. CHeese sticks are a must-- you can keep them in your coat pocket at ALL times. ( I don't refrigerate mine.)

Drinks-- I like to have a water bottle with the spout top I can pull with my teeth. Kitchens are hot and you will need to drink often. I use the individual size crystal lite to change up the drinks. I just pour it into my water bottle.

Eat breakfast before getting to work.

Not many people know: drink lots, eat salt, take potassium and magnesium. All these are important to balance the water and salts in the body. TOok me years to find the answer, so I am sharing it so you don't have to feel the leg cramps.

I keep a word file on my home PC and load up a LC recipe "box" with new items. I have found having enough LC recipes is important , especially the sweets that need replacing or the breads. I use the recipe section, both the chef and the members listings. PUmpkin cheese cake is to die for.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-13, 21:38

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Hello and welcome!
Ms Arielle is right - hard boiled eggs and cheese sticks - staples. I do rollups with turkey or bacon and tomato, mayo and romaine.
Quick and easy snacks. I also collect LC recipes and food ideas- it keeps me inspired because I want to try them all!
Good luck to you.
Kat
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-13, 23:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

welcome...........