Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 18:26
Registered Member

Plan: Healthy/Low Carb
Stats: 213.6/209.0/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Totally blew it!!!

Well not too badly as I have only regained about 2 lbs out of 16 total but still....I started having bad tummy issues a week ago and it put me in the ER and I have just been sick and just wanted comfort food. (i.e. chips, potatoes, breadsticks, shakes, etc) Well. It all started with cake and now 7 days later I am still eating carb-crap.

I resolve to start back on plan (induction) right this minute with dinner.

I need to get back into ketosis. I miss the energy and the lower appetite that came with the low carb WOE. I hate the headaches and fatigue I am dealing with now but of course the cravings are full force again and that makes it hard to get back on track.

Tell me I can get back into ketosis....or did I really screw myself and won't lose any weight now. I have a dress I HAVE to fit into on Sept 19th...I am a matron of honor and my dress does not fit and they can't do alterations. I need like a 2 inch loss. I screwed up big time didn't I???

Thanks for letting me vent.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 18:40
Registered Member

Plan: Zero Carb
Stats: 176/176/120 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

You've done it before you can do it again!

Your working with a clean slate! Make the most of it.
You can and will get back into ketosis. Get back onto induction, keep your fat percentage high and you'll find yourself in 3 days.
1-2 if your exercising.
Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 20:31
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you. I hate the thought of the induction flu all over again but it can't be any worse than this horrible sugar crash I am having now. I feel so sick and sluggish and moody.

I love low carb eating....I don't know how or why this binge lasted 7 whole days. It really sneaks up on you.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-21-09, 08:02

Plan: low carb my way
Stats: 195/160/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress:

Yes, it does sneak up on you. I started out so good yesterday. Made plans to meet a friend to grill out. Ended up drinking to much Michelob Ultra, plus i had a couple of Atkins bars during the day. I had been doing so good and had been really proud of myself. Definitely went over my carbs and calories for the day. Just goes to show, I can never let my guard down. You hang in there Piecukonis. You'll get in that dress. I have faith in ya!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-21-09, 09:15
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks so much. I started off today really amped up to do this. Just the anticipation of knowing I can do this has given me so much energy. Also my induction level breakfast kicked butt....sooo tasty. I love fried eggs and bacon! YUM

My only problem is water...hate water but made myself suck down 32oz this morning. LOL