Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 09:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 285/285/175 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default grrrrrrrrrr no weight loss

HI Guys,

Back on induction..weighed in this morning, first time in ten days..with great anticipation.. and NOTHING grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 285 just like I was ten days again..any suggestions..any feedback would be welcome. Def not giving up just need info as to maybe why and what I can do..thanks!!
Shannon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 09:25

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Please list everything you ate, each day you were on induction.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 14:25
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I agree that we need to know exactly what foods you eat and how much of each food you eat. If you are using Atkins products, then those would be the first things I would tell you to get rid of. They stall a lot of people.

OTOH, I also did not lose weight the first time I did Induction following DANDR, even though I followed the food lists very carefully and didn't use any Atkins products. I had to switch to the original Atkins plan that was published in 1972 in order to lose.

Anyway, let us know what you've been eating, and we'll do our best to help you out.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 21:26

BF:
Progress:

Thank you both...from reading these forums..I think I might have figured it out..but no so sure..so let me know what you think...aside from eggs, meat, cheese, salad..and occasional veggies..I have had
1. one day with shelled salted peanuts..too many
2. Caffeinated diet soda
3. Maybe more heavy creme than I should
4. Atkins bars..(because I crave sweets)
5 Atkins shakes (because I am egged out)
6 Alot of bacon
7 Mustard/Mayo on my burgers

Can you pin point and let me know if any of these could be the offenders..?? LOL
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 21:47
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twnz0429
Thank you both...from reading these forums..I think I might have figured it out..but no so sure..so let me know what you think...aside from eggs, meat, cheese, salad..and occasional veggies..I have had
1. one day with shelled salted peanuts..too many
2. Caffeinated diet soda
3. Maybe more heavy creme than I should
4. Atkins bars..(because I crave sweets)
5 Atkins shakes (because I am egged out)
6 Alot of bacon
7 Mustard/Mayo on my burgers

Can you pin point and let me know if any of these could be the offenders..?? LOL
1. one day with shelled salted peanuts..too many ..... Nuts are not allowed on Induction. Peanuts are actually legumes and not allowed until much later.
2. Caffeinated diet soda ..... Many people drink these without problems, but others cannot. YMMV.
3. Maybe more heavy creme than I should ..... The maximum limit is about 1/2 cup, and yes, it can stall you. Dr. Atkins mentioned in DANDR that too much cream can cause stalls..
4. Atkins bars..(because I crave sweets) ..... These cause problems for many people, but not everyone. I would suggest you avoid them and see what happens. Check out the recipes for Induction Friendly Sweet Treats in our Kitchen forum.
5 Atkins shakes (because I am egged out) ..... You can have anything you like for breakfast. Try hot wings, steak, a salad, anything that piques your interest. Like the bars, the shakes are a common cause of stalls, although not for everyone.
6 Alot of bacon ..... Bacon isn't a common problem.
7 Mustard/Mayo on my burgers ..... Nothing at all wrong with that!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 21:49

BF:
Progress:

OMG..guess what else..slender soy soy milk..damn..well now I know..OMG one hundred pounds gone for you..how does that feel..also can you explain about IF? Thank you so very much for your help!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 21:54
Never Give Up!

BF:

I cannot explain IF to you, because I don't follow it. I don't do well when I try. Visit the Intermittent Fasting Buddies Group at this link. I'm sure the nice folks who do IF will be very pleased to help you.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 22:04
AntiSAD

Plan: finding my happy place
Stats: 245/231.4/200 Female 67 inches.
BF:
Progress: 30%

I do IF; mostly due to schedule, but cannot boast it as far as weight loss.
It's always about tweaking and adjusting. You might find success following someone else's plan to a "T" and it might be a fluke too.
Follow your instincts and go from there.

XO