Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 23:59

Plan: CAD
Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%
Default Alcohol

Okay guys, I messed up tonight...I went out for a late dinner(my reward meal) with some friends after a stats midterm(evil evil things those midterms are) and made a big boo-boo, we were drinking a bit and I drank past my hour...how much of a slip up is this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 09:15

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Ivory! I am not a fan of alcoholic beverages, but in my reading, I understand that the metabolized alcohol much the way it does carbs...the drinks can trigger an insulin response and a hitch in your program. The great thing about this WOE is that when you do have a "slip", you haven't destroyed everything. Just make the necessary corrections today. You may find that your cravings for carbs are somewhat increased today and you might need extra low carb snacks and protien to get straightened back out. Don't beat yourself up over it...you won't self-destruct or anything! You might want to restrict your alcohol intake to your reward meal hour only. Water with a twist when you're out with friends really isn't that bad!!! Good luck and be well!

P.S. Watch out for the dreaded snacks at the bar, too! They can be worse than the drinks!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 11:18

Plan: CAD
Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

Thanks, I'm glad to know that its not going to really hurt my progress, and that I'm only probably going to have some increased cravings today. I can handle that.

Thanks for reassuring me that I hadn't destroyed my progress.