Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 10:51

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Talking Looking for buddy-need to reach 125

I am almost to the end of the induction phase. On Monday I will be starting the OWL. I have lost 6 lbs so far-my first goal is to take off 35 lbs. I figure if I do it in phases it won't seem to enormous! My goal is to reach 176 by June. I haven't been to the gym since I started the diet. I need some motivation!!!! Hope to hear from someone! Good luck to everyone!

Natalie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 06:35
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins - Aug 04
Stats: 204/204/133 Female 5ft 4inc
BF:
Progress: 0%

Count me in Natalie! As you can see I need to loose alot of weight and having a buddie would sure help. Ive really cut down the amount of carbs i have eaten over the last 2 weeks and will start the intro on the 28th Jan. I desided to sut down first as i live on carbs normally so i thought it would be an easier way to ween myself off them.

So when ever you need some movitation, PM me, email me or just post and I will be there!

Keep up the good work!!

Emma

#3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 09:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 223/140/140
BF:
Progress: 100%

Natalie it's me Karen!!I can be your buddy!!!!I'm so glad youjoined the BB. I get a lot of my support from here. I hope you do too.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 11:06

BF:
Default HI

Emma-I am glad you replied. It sounds like you are off to a good start. I will be here as well for any moral support you need.

Karen-Thanks so much for the link! I love it here. I has really helped to read everyone's stories. You know you are already my inspiration! You are the reason I finally got my butt in gear and read the book. I am so thankful for you. You look amazing! I went out a got the water bottles drink and refill. It has really my water intake.

Well ladies-I have been doing alright today. I have had 24 ounces of water(am working on the next 24 now) My dh has been kind-of falling off the wagon this week. He would like to try the induction for another 2 weeks.(He's not in ketosis) I am going to look into that today, see what is recommended. I love this way of eating. It has been a life saver. I wish both of you the best of luck on your quest for thin!!! Let's do it together!

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hey Nat!
I'm trying to reach 120-125 lbs. I've got a lot to lose! I'm on day 15 of Atkins and have lost 11 lbs so far. Yay! Well I just wanted to say hi and good luck. If ya need a buddy, you can reach me on aol instant messenger (my info is in my profile).
Good luck!
~Ambrea
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 19:42

Plan: CAD + reg. fast
Stats: 214/153.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:34.5/18/14
Progress: 77%

Hi there!
I also started around 214lbs originally and got the initial 65 lbs off with low-fat junk and lots of exercise. For the first few months, exercising was pure forcing myself into it. Not easy, to say the least! Every morning I sat on the porch, thinking 'I really don't want to do this....' But I did! In the meantime it is 14 months later and I never miss more than one day a week of exercising! Believe me, the tables have turned. I am unhappy without it and feel accordingly. It is part of my daily routine just like brushing my teeth - very liberating. Sometimes 30 mins, sometimes 1 1/2 hours. My energy level in general is up unbelievably! I do cardio work outs (aerobic exercises) in combination with strength training. The physical results are almost unbelievable!!! Went from a size 18 to a #4 (at 148lbs), fom a 36" waist to a 26", and my body has become very toned and slim, with defined muscels. Walking past a mirror in itself will keep you going with the exercise. It is such a rush!!! I had been overweight and somewhat floppy all my life. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever be able to reach the point I am at! Pleeeeeez go for the exercise!! If not for looks, do it for your health! Challenge your body! You'll be amazed what it is capable of!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 15:52

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 165/157/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up JOIN ME IN THE 35LB WEIGHT LOSS

Hello ladies..I would like to join you in trying to lost 35lbs....this would be such a big goal for me that I have been trying to reach since about 3 months now.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 15:41

Stats: 176/174/130
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi everyone - I'm only just getting back into induction from today - I'd love to join you as I've got a lot to lose and need the support & motivation from checking in with others.
Tiggerlou
What exercises are you doing? I go to the gym but it's a bit hit and miss as to what I do - I think I need to be doing more 'weights' I love walking but don't have much time to go for long walks everyday.
Hope your all drinking lots of water and hears to us all losing lbs & lbs.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 15:58

BF:

I have started doing step arobics. I bought the stepper and got two tapes. When I first had my baby I did step arobics everynight for half an hour and I lost 50lbs with no real strict diet to go with it. I think what you need is aerobic exercise...moving around running...maybe do the treadmill...and of course you are right water does the trick. good luck....I know you can do it....
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 16:17

Hi there!
Good to see you join in!!!
Well, I do a variety of exercises, but formost is Denise Austin's Daily Work-Out. That's how I lost the majority of weight. It is on Life-time TV every morning at 7:30 EDT. This I do 5x a week. Afterwards, I go running, but only 3x a week, and in general I try to move about as often as I can. You know, the ole 'don't park too close to the doors of the stores', and such. We just started inline skating (the entire family), ride bikes together often, swimming, and general playing with the kids on the playground. The more you move, the more fat you burn. And it is an upward cycle- the more you exercise, the more energy you have, therefore, you move more! Kinda cool, eh?! Eventually, this whole thing feeds itself!
Keep it moving girls! Did you notice that I lost another 2.5 lbs?! I AM SOOO HAPPY!!!! I discovered jello with whipped cream - WHAT A TREAT!
LOVE hearing from you!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 05:40

BF:
Default Hello everyone

Hello ladies-
I hadn't been checking this site because it was dormant for awhile. It is good to see some interest. I am glad you are both having such success. I had quite a stall for awhile due to lack of obedience to this WOE. The good thing about it? I started to exercise regularly and am doing it 5x a week now. I go to a gym and do strength training, aerobics and kick boxing. I just love to exercise now. I have been back on the Atkin's plan strictly for about 5 days now. I have only seen a small weight loss so far, but I just realized TOM is near. Hopefully that is the problem and I will be visited by the whoosh fairy very soon afterward. Good luck to everyone.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 06:19

Oh, my, Natalie, please do explain who TOM and the whoosh fairy are... If it is what I think it might be, then I have just adopted two new words into my personal vocabulary - LOL!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 09:50

Stats: 176/174/130
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi everyone
Hope your all doing well -
Tigggerlou congratulations on the weight loss - keep it up *** Natalie I'm sure you soon be visted by the woosh fairy - I'm only on day two of induction so I'm not going to get weighed until the weekend. Thanks for the info on your exercise regimes - I'm determined to do something each day even if it's only walking for 30min. I have quite a few video tapes but I tend to end up watching them rather than doing them or stop because some one calls or the kids come in.
Checking in to see how you are all getting on is great. It really helps to focus my mind on sticking to this woe.
Good luck to all - (I think I'm water logged I've drank so much water today but I know it works)

#14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 10:01

BF:

I wanted to say hello to everyone as well..and to let you guys know that I did this aerobics tape yesterday that was like punishment from hell.............but I finished it ... I was so proud of myself. I too feel like I am drowing in water I have been driking so much...but just think when we're all skinny this will all seem like a piece of cake.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 10:18

Way to goooo, girls!!!