Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 17:39

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default What's YOUR New Body Good For?

I'm trying to focus more on what my strong, healthy, thinner new body can do these days rather than focusing on what I'd like certain parts to look like. I'm sure many of you can relate.

This weekend I realized something new & exciting: If I look at myself in the full-length mirror on the way to the shower, naked, with my GLASSES OFF...I look great! And then it occured to me that most of the time when I look at myself - clothed or naked - I'm scrutinizing. Looking for the flabby areas. Inspecting the jiggly spots. Noticing every bulge. But with my glasses off, sort of in soft-focus like they do on television for the more "mature" ladies, I see a completely different woman!

This really has me thinking about how I could spend the rest of my life regretting that I was fat when I got pregnant all three times which stretched my skin WAY past normal limits and now I will always have an ugly belly OR I can spend the rest of my life appreciating my strong arms & back, the muscles I've built in my legs by running and the fact that EVERYTHING I do is easier because I'm not dragging around all those extra pounds with weak muscles.

So...what's your new body good for? Let's appreciate all the great things we can do now that we're at/near goal.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 07:05

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Great question!!

This still may seem pretty superficial, but it was one of my number one concerns, but most clothes I try on fit well...before even if it was the right size, it just didn't seem to feel good. Too snug here, something falling over the top there!

So I'm liking the carefree feeling of grabbing any pair of pants, putting them on, and not giving a second thought to it!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 11:44

Plan: No starch, no sugar...
Stats: 266/207/180 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Great positive question and post - thank you, Corinne!

My new body is good for showing up and being present every day in my life and having nothing to hide. It is good for running faster than I ever thought I could and wearing sexy, low waist, size 31 jeans to dinner to celebrate my 11th wedding anniversary.

Thank you body!!

Stacy
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 18:38

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I have to agree that the new body is great for sex. And I thought hubby and I were good together FAT! Now that we've both lost so much weight...well, I guess I'm appreciative of HIS new body, too!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 20:24
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

My favorite thing about myself now - I have collarbones. And I think they are d*mn sexy!

My favorite thing I can do - run 5 miles without stopping. Took me one hour but I did it. I couldn't even do that 20 years ago when I was 15. I am in better shape at 35 than when I was a teenager!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 20:26
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyfitz
Great positive question and post - thank you, Corinne!

My new body is good for showing up and being present every day in my life and having nothing to hide. It is good for running faster than I ever thought I could and wearing sexy, low waist, size 31 jeans to dinner to celebrate my 11th wedding anniversary.
I think you mean a 31 inch waist, not SIZE 31?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 20:37
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Great thread Corinne!! Thank you!!

OK...I'm going to sound a bit different about all this....but after losing over 100 lbs, my life and my body are very new for me. I did lose a whole person!!!

I'm grateful that my body did not fall apart before I lost all this weight...and it was just about to, I think. It hurt to just walk and I have to walk everyday to earn a living. I had to find ways to minimize my steps so that I did not have to hurt my legs and feet.

Now...I can walk for miles and miles and at a good pace too....thank you legs!!! Even in this heat, I am walking well and feel my muscles losening up as I go faster. It does feel so good!!

I too, used to dread putting clothes on as nothing felt good or fit well. Now I can go into any store, as I did today, find a nice size 10 and not even have to try it on. I got 2 pair of light weight cotton pants today for this coming heat wave. Brought them home without even trying them on and when I did put them on, they both fit perfectly!!

It sure does feel good to be proud of my efforts and know that I'm keeping my success...one day at a time!!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-06, 09:13

Plan: No starch, no sugar...
Stats: 266/207/180 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hey Newbirth,

No - not waist measurment 31 inches. My waist is about 29 inches right now. Size 31 jeans are like a size 11!

Have a good day...

Stacy
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-06, 17:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Uplifting thread!

I really like:

1. Not being too hot!
2. Going out socially and actually feeling good about how I look.
3. Being able to wear more stylish clothes instead of the large baggy things I always wore.
4. Feeling more comfortable sitting on my hubbies lap!
5. Being able to do things I couldn't do before. In a few days my Dh and I are going up in a tandem glider for a flight. Before, I weighed too much and our combined weights would have put us over the weight limit to be able to go up in the glider together, so we wouldn't have been able to share this experience!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-06, 17:54
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I like so much about my 'new" body- love the way I can buy so many kinds of clothes, can cross my legs so the ankles are real close, can move around really easily, feel like my balance is better, can see my muscle definition when I lift weights and wear a tank top in the gym, fit in the car and plane seats more easily, get on a horse faster, fit in a kayak much more comfortably. All good things-
E
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-06, 18:29
Registered Member

Plan: Carbs not
Stats: 159/124/130 Female 67 inches
BF:Playing the field
Progress: 121%

Swimming in a really sexy size 4 two-piece. And getting the Brazilian bikini wax to go with it!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-06, 08:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairOnFire
And getting the Brazilian bikini wax to go with it!

Yikes!!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 08:11

Stats: 176/168/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

My new body is good for squeezing better two carseats in the back seat of an xterra! Now our vehicle can hold 5 passengers - LOL.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 10:28

Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Right now, it's good for keeping up with two very active kids. It is also good for taking long walks around the college campus I work on during my lunch break and enjoying the scenery.

In two weeks, I am getting a tummy tuck. I am excited to find out what my new, NEW body is good for after that

Robin
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-06, 05:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by relliott1
In two weeks, I am getting a tummy tuck. I am excited to find out what my new, NEW body is good for after that

Good luck and a speedy recovery!!

I bet that will be really exciting!!