Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 14:20

Plan: Atkins-like
Stats: 215/170/170 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Pumpkin/Sweet Potato/Squash Bake

Pumpkin Bake

1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup Splenda (3/4 cup if you like it real sweet)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or to suit taste)
2eggs
4oz cream cheese (optional)
1tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Blend well, pour in pie pan and bake at 400F for 15 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 and bake another 45 minutes.

You can top this with nuts, or put nuts in bottom of pie pan as crust. Last time I melted butter in the pie pan, then threw in my chopped pecans, then added the filling and baked.

I don't use canned pumpkin too much, more often I'll buy one large sweet potato, peel it and boil it 15 minutes, then mash it and use that. One of the orange meated squashes (acorn or butternut) works well too. I can't tell much difference between pumpkin and sweet potato, my wife says she likes sweet potato best.

The exact amounts of the ingredients aren't real critical either, anything close comes out pretty good. Theres some carbs in this stuff, but its great for holidays. When everyone ate pie last Christmas, I had my pumpkin bake and was happy.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-04, 07:15

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

This sounds yummy!

A friend who is also on the FF Plan came up with something similar using spaghetti squash, eggs and protein powder. I made it yesterday and had it today with breakfast, topped with a sauce I made with 1/2 peach and 1/2 cup of raspberries

I'll try your version too - of course I'll have to modify it slightly to fit into my plan, but it's doable Thanks for sharing this!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 07:55

BF:

Squash pie used to be one of my favorites. A squash with a yellow meat like spaghetti, makes great pie.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 14:39

BF:

Just laid in a good supply of squash and had to brag. There is a farm near my bride's home town, and they sell homegrown pumpkins and squash of all kinds. I got nice acorns for 25 cents apiece, butternuts and spaghettis were 50 cents, they even had a buckskin pie pumpkin that I had to try out (50 cents, why not?) I probably have 40lb of squash, spent $10. Life is good.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 14:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/230/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Mmmmm....this stuff is yummy.

And the addition of the cream cheese makes it even more creamy.