Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 15:04
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%
Default Image in Signature

I would like to create a signature, can I upload an image from my computer? If so, how? And, if not, how does everyone get the neat moving pictures in their signature areas?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 15:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Check out the Sticky at the top of the Comments Box index page. It tells you how to do lots of things, including signatures. Note that there is a limit to signature size. If yours exceeds the limit, a scroll bar may appear.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 18:19
Thank You Dr. Atkins

I read the entire thread, but I still do not get it. I understand the part about the size limits completely, but I have no idea how to get the picture in the signature area. The thread also did not answer my question about uploading from my computer. That's what I did for my AVATAR with no problem, can I do it for my signature, and if so, where does it tell me how?

Thanks, sorry to be difficult. I love this forum and am having a ball.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 18:49
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

Hi. Making a sig with images requires a bit of knowledge of vB code. It's similar to html. Here's the help page.

The good news is that you can copy your [ img ] link right from the gallery. Upload your image, then go back to the page where your image is. The forum won't take you there automatically, you have to click your way back to "my gallery". A few lines below your image, it will say, "vb code: [ img ]http://(etc)[/ img ] Just copy and paste that line into your edit signature box.

(Hmmm... I think I'm going to ask the webmaster if he can make the gallery browsing a little easier.)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 05:55
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Ok, I'll give it a try. That makes sense, let me see if I can do it...

I'll let you know. Thanks.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 05:34
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Question Question about Subscriptions

Look, I did it! What fun. Thanks so much!

One more question. On the "new subscribed threads" I see how to "unsubscribe." But, on the "subscribed threads in folder", when I click on the thread to delete, it goes to the post. How do I "select" so that I can delete?

Thanks again.

Last edited by LCanita : Tue, Apr-27-04 at 05:36. Reason: correction
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 08:00
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

At the bottom of the email notification from a subscribed thread, you'll find a link which will automatically unsubscribe from the thread, and also a link to unsubscribe from ALL threads if you prefer.

OR ... From your User control panel, select "List Subscriptions" from the menu column on the right .. OR .. "View all Subscribed Threads" which is found at the bottom of the threads listed on the main control panel page .. OR .. from the "Quick Links" tab on the menu bar above, select "Subscribed Threads". (note that the threads listed on the main control panel page are only those which have new replies since your last visit, it does not show ALL subscribed threads).

Next, put a checkmark in the little box on the right-hand side next to the one(s) you wish to delete. At the bottom, there's a pull-down menu box ... select delete (or whatever other action you wish, such as subscribe without email notification, etc). Click "Go" and yer done!!

hth,

Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 08:04
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Im just a computer re-re.. Nomatter how many times I read instructions I still get lost.(lol) Somtimes I just gotta tinker till I get it right.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 09:37
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Default Thanks

Thanks - that worked. All cleaned up.