Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 19:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/157/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:prob a lot
Progress: 20%
Exclamation still in induction, need more help...any1!!

ok, it will be a week on sunday, since ive been in induction...well since tomorrow is saturday, basically its almost here...the thing is, my weight has been the same this week, 157 lbs, and i havent yet woken up to a lower weight, and i only have one week left after sunday...i really wanna lose more, and ive been devoted, for the last week, eating only the right foods...but im scared its not gonna drop any lower...what could be causing the "stand-still"? and will i definitely lose more? since every1 else can no matter shape or size...why am i not losing any more? im just at 157...blah, please any1 can u help???? what should i do...? and what were some of ure experiences with induction, anybody, around my size, so its more realistic and applicable to me...thanks any1 who can help
Gisell

'
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 20:31

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%

I am also new, in fact TODAY I just got into Ketosis after 4 days, I wont be able to answer your question but it would be a good idea if you also tell if you are in Ketosis, have you checked yourself? And I notice your weight today is 157, how long ago did you get to this number? Was it long ago?… Are you doing exercise?… this kind of things intrigue me, the reason is that I am guessing I will be VERY SLOW and this post might also help me, I will be checking…Take care..
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 20:54
Registered Member

Stats: 165/157/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:prob a lot
Progress: 20%
Exclamation

I am also new, in fact TODAY I just got into Ketosis after 4 days, I wont be able to answer your question but it would be a good idea if you also tell if you are in Ketosis, have you checked yourself? And I notice your weight today is 157, how long ago did you get to this number? Was it long ago?… Are you doing exercise?… this kind of things intrigue me, the reason is that I am guessing I will be VERY SLOW and this post might also help me, I will be checking…Take care..

REPLY-Well, i got to 157lbs. 2 days ago, and i felt that great euphoria, like nothing could touch me, walkin on water thing around, day 3, i also got into ketosis i think day 3 or 4ish, i knew i was in it cuz my heart was pounding, and at night it pounds away, its a totally normal thing, cuz ure body temp, rises, to burn the fat, and so i know whenever i feel that feeling, im in ketosis cuz of it...also my appetite curbed around day 2, and i havent been eating as much...i felt a whole lot healthier around day 2-4, i havent exercised except yesterday i did like 15 minutes of cardio, nothing major, just got on this exercise bike thing...so for the most part my exercise is my part time job, running around a store all day, i eat only the allowed foods, ive become very strict these past few days, and am determined to lose weight, i wanna be smaller...im still 157, and i bought a new outfit today so i could force myself to not gain weight so i could fit into it, im hoping within the next week, i lose more, but what can u do? u can only follow the book, drink lots of h20, take a multi-vitamin everyday, and eat only whats allowed in each phase, and never steer of course...and just keep ure head up, im glad to offer support to someone else, when ive been asking for all the help lately...i hope the advice i have for you, u can benefit from...and good luck on ure journey, and more ?'s about induction, just lemme know...
Gisell
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 21:39

Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

This may sound gross but, are you constipated. I find that when I'm constipated I weigh a heck of alot more. Then when I finally go I lose 5-8 pounds. Isn't that crazy?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 23:22
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The average for many on this web site is to lose 10% of what they need to in induction (that's the whole 2 weeks) then 5% of the remaining weight each month after. At 20% loss in only a week, you are way ahead of schedule.

After a loss in induction, there is a slow down or even a pause as the body kind of catches it's breath and waits to see if youa re going to keep up this way of eating. If you stick to it, the weight loss will start up. It will be slower, but it will happen.

Some people also just don't lose well in induciton. They tend to lose better in OWL once they start adding in more foods and carbs. This is an individual thing and no one can say what will work for you.

Click on the gallery link under my post and check out my progress chart. Most dieters find they lose in somewhat the same way. There will be periods of loss, periods of no loss, and even times of gaining a little. Water rentention from sodium, enviroment, time of month and many other factors can play a part. Many women find they don't lose at all or even gain around thier period because of a little bloat.

There is also the muscle gain factor. For someone who has been following a low fat low protien diet for to long, there could be muscle damage. The body willt ake the nutrition and added protien the person is now eating and work to building and repairing this damage. It will also build muscle. This could mean no loss in the scale, but inches dropping as a pound of muscle is much more dense then a pound of fat. That is why it is very important to take your measurements and watch them just like the scale. www.mybodycomp.com can really help with that. Also getting your body fat tested andfinding out what is a healthy amount of fat for you is a good idea. Shooting for a random number on the scale could be pushing your body beyond what it can do healthily and just be setting yourself up for disapointment.

Do you use fitday? www.fitday.com is a wonderful tool for finding hidden carbs and relaly seeing your eating habits all layed out on paper. Many times little htings such as coffee, splenda and so on can add enough carbs to slow some people down.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 07:31

Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

It's better to not think of the Atkins WAY OF LIFE as a crash thing to lose as much as you can all at once. You've lost plenty for induction when you don't have that much to lose.
If you're following it the right way, and you feel great, what more can we ask for?
Every day you post something asking for help, but I don't think you're going to lose any faster than you already are on THIS woe because it's not a two week plan. Besides, losing it more slowly helps to keep it off. Everyone loves that.
I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but keep eating on plan and eventually you'll get to your goal.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 08:19

Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

HI!

I have one question and a couple of things to add to what everyone else is saying about the 10% and exercising, etc.

First, are you eating a lot of sodium or processed foods (cold cuts, hotdogs, bacon, sausage)? That might "stall" you, as might caffeine, too much of an artificial sweetener (think "lc Candy" or "snacks"). And, if you're not drinking your 8-12 glasses of water a day, that can make things slow.

Second, if you both post what you've been eating, I'll be happy to look over it and see if anything jumps out as a "hidden carb" or whatever! :-)

The biggest thing I can tell you is that, although some people lose every day, I go in spurts. I went 10 days with no loss, then lost 4.5lbs in 2 days. Then I went 5 days with no loss and lost 2. And, I of course, stalled in the infamous "3rd week."

Hang in there!! After 2-3 weeks, you'll be feeling better. By the time you've done this a month or two, you'll feel GREAT!

Good luck!
Sue
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 10:12

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Well, it does'nt come off nice and even every week, acccept that, stick to the plan, no cheats and it will be fine.

Check my records below.
Remember you did'nt put it on each and every week did you .... so thats not how it will come off either Sad but true

Kathy
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 10:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/194.5/140 Female 5' 9
BF:too high i am sure
Progress: 50%

also which book are you following? atkins essentials allows foods that diet and the new revolution doesn't, i've found that some of the "non whole foods" processed foods, bars shakes, breads tortillas things like that slow my losses down, i've found that a clean only whole foods inductions works best for me =) but i am at a different weight than you, just wanted to put my 2 cents in hehehe good luck to you and don't stress about it.. it's a way of life and best not used as a "diet" =)
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 13:44

Stats: 270/190/190 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

You might find this interesting.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=25651
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 16:07

Plan: LOWER CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stats: 150/131/138 Female 5ft4inches
BF:
Progress: 158%

only quick useless mayb to some!! BUT i wanna say a big ty too u guys who have actually got to ur goal n r still here!!!! TY n big WELL DONE!!!!! n all ur advice is so VITAL!!!!!!!!!!! useless me WILL also get there through peeps like u guys lots a lv xxxxx