Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-00, 10:36
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%
Smile

Well, I'm about to bite the bullet - or the hard-boiled egg, I should say - and begin a stint of Stillman. I really hope this shakes things up, or OFF rather.

Now, I'm going to go make a batch of Diet Revolution Rolls with dry cottage cheese and no fat. At least I can then have "sandwiches".

Wish me luck!

Doreen
202/179/145 since July '00

[Edited by doreen T on 17-11-00 at 12:29]
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-00, 10:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up Go for it, Doreen!

Keep us posted on your progress! I might do a couple of days of Meat Fast next week, but I seem to be losing, though slowly, finally. Was 'stuck' for over two weeks after Induction, but I'm definitely down a pound over the last couple of days. I think I'll give my body some time to adjust to being in a 'losing' mode. It's only been just over a month since I restarted Atkins, after all. Musn't be too impatient!
Rachel
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-00, 10:44
Forum Founder

BF:
Smile progress

Well, I'm completely anorectic today. Same thing happened to me when I did Stillman in the summer. Not that I'm complaining, I suppose it might be worse to be ravenous all the time. I just have to remember to eat. Drank lots though, 4 liters +. And I am in ketosis. Didn't expect that until Day 3.

I'm going to try supplementing with 0 carb isolated-whey protein shakes, just a 1/2 portion, twice a day. Maybe add some flax meal. The Original Stillman program didn't allow it, but the diet was created 30 yrs. ago before we had such things. I figure as long as it's high quality protein, 0 carb and fat, it should be ok. Anybody else have ideas on this?? (I know flax meal has some fat, but it's the good Omega-3 type)

Wish me luck (please). I'm determined to stick this out for the long haul.

Doreen

#4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-00, 16:01

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Me too Me too

HI
Here I am joining you in a way I think. I just have to do something to start my losing engine up and running, I said I was going to go on a meat diet for two days and now I am not sure just what it is Low carbs maybe.
Today I had 2 eggs
1 piece of bacon( I forgot and ate it)
9 inches of pepperoni ( I was shopping and starved)
2 pork chops and coffees. two of them had Splenda and coffee whitener
And I had a big glass of diet pop ad a small but of dulce. Oh I am hungry. Now can anyone offer ant suggestions, I guess I should really be aiming for as lowest carbs as possible and low fat. What do you think ladies? And I am feeling very cold and that is how it was months ago when I was losing. I guess I am too excited as I only restarted today.LOL
Norma NNN
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-00, 17:50
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Me too Me too

Quote:
Originally posted by NNN
Oh I am hungry. Now can anyone offer ant suggestions, I guess I should really be aiming for as lowest carbs as possible and low fat. What do you think ladies?

If I say something, does that make me a lady?

Hunger while on low-carb can be eliminated by drinking plenty of water, which is the best filler. All this is assuming you eat plenty of frequent low-carb meals.

Wa'il
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-00, 18:33

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Hungry

Hi Wa'il Rumour has it that you have experienced PMs recenty so maybe you can let your feminine side out now and then. Okay I have the water in front of me and I just cooked and ate some hamburger as those 2 pork chops did not help much and I did beg DH for an Atkins bar that he is controling for me as I ate all of those Ross bars up and sometimes had 3 or 4 a day. So the atkins Bar I get one a day. And I am now having an Atkins Bar and if I crave anymore food I am going to bed!! Alone!!
NNN
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-00, 18:47
Forum Founder

Hehe, private messaging system (PMS). Now here's one for you, atkins bars are not meat so (technically) you're not on a meat diet! How much water have you had? It is best to drink water frequently and with meals (before, during and after).

Wa'il
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-00, 19:14

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Switched

Okay I think I am on induction maybe but then Atkins bars should not be on induction. I guess I am just going low carb as I acan. Yes the back teeth are starting to float as I am downing the water. Oh and I guess I will have some green tea or that herbal laxative that really did not "lax" me. Now Wa'il how did you gain your 90 some pounds back and how are you doing now?
I used to do so well without cheating and now it seems such a struggle to lose that it frighens me. I am 140 already and you know how fast it comes back on. I keep fairly low through the week at times But oh I can just feel the pounds going on. I was just so cute and petite there for awhile. What a love affair I had for awhile with myself but alas, it did not last long. Why I could not keep my hands off myself. I was forever feeling my bum and wondering where it had gone.Now when I run I am starting to feel something shaking behind me and it is the fat on my back and pounds on my hips. Oh woe is me. I need a grip before I get right back up there. I am trying today , honest.
NNN
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-00, 19:24
Forum Founder

BF:
Default protein fasting

hi NNNorma,

If you want to do a protein fast of some sort, then you must be prepared. The protein you eat will be cooked by you at home, will not be processed or full of nitrates, hidden carbs or other additives. You will drink liters and liters of water. Your coffee and tea will be clear, maybe a little 0 carb sweetener, like liquid SugarTwin or the tablets.

Even Atkins Induction requires you to plan ahead and be prepared (I feel like my own echo ) LOL Anyway, you know what I mean. You sound as though you're making a lot of positive changes. Probably all you need is just a jumpstart to get things rolling again.

You can do it! If you want to try one of the protein fasts, there are links listed here in this forum. Try to remember to have high-protein, no-carb foods cooked and ready to grab in the fridge when munchies strike, or when you're in a rush out the door and starving (my personal mistake )

Doreen
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-00, 19:27
Forum Founder

You'll do fine, especially that you are alarmed quite early before the weight comes back! In a sense, the 90 lbs. I gained is a blessing, I was quite under-weight. I didn't beleive it when people said I'm skinny at 200 lbs (6" large frame), but it showed. But the weight came back slowly within 3 years, I was just being a workaholic and neglected my health and diet. In essense I'm glad it's only 90 lbs. since I started losing at 400 lbs. and you usually gain the weight back and then some! So I'm still 110-120 lbs below my start weight. I've got 60 more to go, but thankful, I'm no where near where I was!

Wa'il
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-00, 19:33

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default thanks

Thanks for the pep talk Doreen and Wa'il. I will quit my whining and try to get my act in gear. )
Catch you later
NNN
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-00, 09:24
Forum Founder

BF:
Smile Stillman, Day 4

hi everybody,

This isn't difficult to do at all. I think the difference between now and when I tried to do Stillman this summer is all the positive support and encouragement from you, fellow forum members.

I am not experiencing any of the negative side effects like headaches, irritability, etc. In fact, I have been sleeping well (I have a sleep disorder) and have more energy than in a long time. Wow My ankles have re-appeared after being puffy for months. In 4 days, I'm down 2 lbs, although I'm less concerned about weight loss than mobilizing fat cells and excess fluid in my body. So far, this seems to be working. Keep wishing me good luck, it really helps!!

It definitely requires advance preparation though. If I didn't have some cooked chicken and a batch of Atkins Revolution rolls handy for frequent small snacks between main "meals" I'm sure I would be tempted to eat the wrong things, like fast food, cheese or sliced deli meats. And drink the water, drink the water, drink the water

THANKYOU,

Doreen 202/178/145
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-00, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up Stillman

Good on you, Doreen, keep us posted on your progress! How's your Stillman stint coming along, Wa'il?

Rachel
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-00, 12:11
Forum Founder

It's going well, no cravings, and I don't miss anything (yet). I'll weight myself at the end of the week, since my weight swings a lot.

Wa'il
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-00, 09:32
Forum Founder

BF:
Exclamation Day 5

Okay folks, I need you.

The lack of appetite is really bad in the early part of the day, I have to force each and every bite down. But, I know it's important to have some protein every couple of hours to keep blood sugar stable. And I'm pushing the water.

It's like I drink a big glass of water, sometimes squeeze fresh lemon in it, then 1/2 hr to 1 hour later I eat something, a chicken thigh or whatever. Before I know it, and certainly before I'm hungry, it's time to drink more water and have something more to eat!!

But in the evening . . . . last night I found I was REALLY craving - not carbs, but cheese and butter and mayo. and FAT. I found it really hard to choke down another piece of "dry" meat without some fat on it. Today, I'm going to make soup. Fat-free, carb-free broth with chicken, some fresh herbs and egg - kind of like egg-drop soup. Maybe that will satisfy my "tooth".

If I can stick out the rest of the week, I might even go for a 2nd.

Doreen