Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 19:18
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%
Question What to order at a Chinese restaurant?

I am meeting my Mom for lunch on Friday. We are going for Chinese. I haven't eaten Chinese in a long, long time. What can I order? This is her favorite place for lunch, and the closest to her office. I don't want to make a big deal out of going there, so I thought if I knew what to order before going, it would be less drama. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 19:36
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I order my food steamed with garlic, no oil (only because I don't know what the heck kind they use LOL!) Usually broccoli, mushrooms and double shrimp or chicken, no rice.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 21:03
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

I just recently started eating the inside of egg rolls... just get the egg roll and cut the side... the inside is usually just cabbage, pork/shrimp, small amount of carrots, spices... very good... i posted a thread on here.. and asked if this was ok... i got a huge responce with YES! I was so excited....

Besides that .. Beef and broccoli is always a safe choice... i order up a "custom" order... i get mushrooms, waterchestnuts, snowp's, and chicken in a light sauce (tell them no starch)... put on soy sauce and i am good to go...
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 22:11
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Dstar,

You can check the Atkins' centre suggestions for eating Chinese here: http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/17-614000.html

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 00:09

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

If this restaurant has a buffet, you might opt for that! We hit our favorite Chinese restaurant ever once in a while and make out like bandits on the buffet--stripped shrimp (throw out the tempura batter) dipped in a bit of hot mustard and sesame seeds, salad, egg roll filling, sauteed mushrooms with beef in a non-thickened sauce, and the list just goes on.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 00:37

Stats: 191/177/148 Female 5ft. 6.5 inches
BF:40.40%/38.10/?
Progress: 33%

If you go to Calorieking.com and click on database, it will take you to tons of food listings. One of the titles is international food. Click on that and there are counts for many Asian dishes. I had beef + broccoli, and Prawns in black bean sauce tonight. Stay away from the sweet + sour dishes. I hope this site helps.