Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 11:59

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 326/280/155 Male 5'6
BF:37
Progress: 27%
Default Back on the Diet need some serious support

I have been an Atkins Yo-Yoer for a few years now. About once a year I would start for two months and then quit.

Hopefully this time I can stay on for the long haul. The main reason why Im serious this time is because my father died of a stroke a couple months ago (he was 49 and healthy)

I am 287 right now and I should be 165. Im not in a rush to loose however i would like to loose one hundred pounds by Christmas 2004.

I'm assuming Ill be under a lot of resistance in terms of weight loss since I did it before, huh?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:07
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

There's no way to know until you try. Yo-yo dieting is so hard on your body, it may well take you longer and be a bit harder for you, but it's also MORE important than ever to not give up. You need to heal your body, and give it a chance to be healthy.

It's important to find a way to make it easier to stay with it this time. I highly recommend the new Dr Phil book, sice it has SO many helpful ways to figure out not only why we find it hard to stay with it, but how to teach yourself a new way of thinking that makes it easier. The food plan isn't low-carb, but the book is still useful with ANY plan.

You soundvery realistic and intelligent. Good luck and we're here for you.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/156.5/150 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Great decision...start with the plan and do everything you can to be comitted to it. If you run a clean induction, the results will be inspiration enough to keep it up. Coming here every day is also part of the journey for me. It keeps me honest with myself and watching peoples numbers drop constantly inspires me to stay with the program.

Much Luck!

Karen