Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 07:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Low Carb Sweets - DARN DARN DARN !

I don't know about you guys but when I eat LC chocolates, ice cream, syrups, etc... I feel like a wild bull !

My cravings are just like before I decided to give Atkins a try waaah !

Lesson learned!! I have to stay away from it all, LC or not.

Do you feel like this ?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 07:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

I seem fine with the ice cream, but the candy and bars give me pretty bad cravings. I can eat my homemade cheesecake also with no problem. *tear* I really wish I could eat those peanutbutter cups.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 08:25

Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

You have to do whats works best for you to stay on plan. I find I have to stay away from the fake candies. They toss me out of ketosis and I get bad cravings after.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 08:28

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

the candy bars are evil! lol I only use them if its that or a HUGE cheat...so rarely. the shakes are ok...

Of course I think weight loss will go faster and your health wil be better if you try to eat whole foods...
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:18

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I've never tried any "Atkins" products. I know I'd go overboard if I had sweets, bars or candies around the house. My downfall is cheese - I tend to eat way too much of it.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:23

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

I had a bad phase of eating too many LC candies. I stalled, and it got expensive! I keep a can of whipped cream in the fridge for dire emergencies, but I hardly eat it at all now. I can't believe I kicked the sweet tooth!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:24

Stats: 205/169/160 Male 69 inches
BF:??%/17%/12%
Progress: 80%

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I made it over a month with no sweets what so ever, until I found the Atkins bars. I then found out how much cheaper they are to buy the whole box, and that really screwed me! I've had to swear off of them entirely because I have a hard time limiting how many I eat and it's easier for me to just go without totally.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:24
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Yup. I need to make them a rare treat.

Skibunnie... it's not the same, but peanut butter in the cheesecake and a drizzle of Walden Farms 0carb chocolate syrup might do the trick without setting off the cravings...
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:31
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

I don't really care for the candy... so it isn't too hard to say "NO" to...and the weird sugar alchols.. give me really bad side effects... soooo unless i have a whole day to sit on the potty.. i don't have any... : )

i love the icecream... so really must limit it in the house...though.. and someone just started a thread that it now comes in PINTS??? that is just great!!! J/K
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:06

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

YES! (Jumping up and down screaming and waving hands!!) YES YES YES!!! I totally understand what you are talking about.

I never step foot in that recipe forum b/c there are always so many wonderful pancake, danish etc. recipes. Just reading them can make me hungry!!! I am a total and complete addict to things like that. It doesn't matter if it has zero carbs. I can't go near it. I just simply can't. I wish it was different but I know that I just can't go there. It sure does narrow down what you can eat in life (chicken, pork chops, steak, chicken pork chops steak, eggs/salad, chicken pork chops steak) you know the drill. It gets old. BUT I would not trade my life now for a pancake. Ever heard of that children's book "If you give a pig a pancake"....Well if you give me a pancake,albeit low carb, I turn into a pig. I can't handle it. How I wish it was different? But I've accepted it. It's just the way I am!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 13:00
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%
Progress: 60%

Right there with you, armywife. The fake stuff not only gives me cravings, it knocks me out of ketosis as well as keeping in the bathroom. I have found to be much more successful staying away from ALL of it. At this point, I would almost rather cheat with something super delicious that will give me the same effects as the low carb candies and chocolates. I WILL NOT CHEAT, <again> however....
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 13:26

Stats: 152/144/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 36%

A friend introduced me to Bryers Low Carb Chocolate ice cream this week-end. It was sooooo good!! Tasted just like a fudgesicle. Every now and then, I'd kill for just a bite of something chocolate.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 13:35

Stats: 180/174.5/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Thanks so much you guys (and gals). I was eating at least one each day, so now i will not and see if my weight goes down faster.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 14:05

Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

Just a warning about the Bryers Icecream, the second ingredient is High Frutose Corn Syrup... How are they able to put that stuff in there and call it low carb, its sugar for crying out loud, actually worse than regular sugar..

They should be slapped upside the head... no I should be for buying it (strawberry and it was good !! no wonder, oy).
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 16:45

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

I don't really count carbs, I just don't eat high-carb stuff. I have been trying some higher carb foods to see if they set off cravings and I have had good success. However, I do not eat any of the foods that I know from past experience cause me to crave them. I have big problems with ice cream, anything with sugar, potatoes, popcorn, any chip, yoghurt, crackers, and pretzils. I do eat some SF sweets which are not a problem but I am reluctant to try LC ice cream because it was such a BIG problem food for me. But I can eat small amounts of other dairy products, legumes, breading on meats and it doesn't set off cravings. So, for me, all carbs are not the same.

Everyone is different and we need to learn what we can and cannot eat and still stay in control.