Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 14:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/204/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Info for Bagel Addicts!

I just went to a Low Carb store and found bagels made by Low Carb Emporium. I got home and toasted one - added lots of butter and proscuitto - and it was absolutely HEAVEN!!!! I have tried some low carb breads - and haven't found a great one yet - but these bagels are better than a lot of regular bagels!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 15:07

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

how many carbs are in them?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 15:53
Registered Member

Stats: 224/204/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 31%

There are only 2.5 carbs for the whole bagel - and it's not so small! I read that and thought that they would be disgusting - but they were very awesome!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 16:12

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

wow I'm amazed! thanks for sharing..
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 05:04

Stats: 170/150/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Wow, thanks for sharing. I gotta find those. I sure miss a nice toasty bagel with my morning de-caf..
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 23:24

Plan: low carb
Stats: 370/180/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default where is that web site that sells the 1 carb a slice bread at??!!

i was just on here earlier today and sen a thread about 1 carb bread,i went to the site but got busy and didnt complete my order,i came back here,and now i cant find it it must have been moved,can someone help?
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 00:10

Plan: low carb
Stats: 370/180/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 86%

ok thanks anyway but i searched until i found the web site i was looking for it was low carb imporium,and you wont believe this,but it says the bread is frozen and you HAVE TO choose over night delivery or it will not be sent and for a 18.00 order they wanted 45.00 for shipping!!!!!! LOL when i get so desperate for bread to pay 50.00 for it i think that will be the day my loved ones should knock me in the head a comitt me somewhere!!lol
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 00:21
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%

OMG, the shipping is like .. 3 times as much as the order

Ready-made lowcarb bread is so-o-o-oo expensive. I noticed that a local health food store carries LC bread in the freezer case. They want $7 (Cdn) for a wee loaf, 4g net carbs per slice. And I honestly don't think I'd be able to stop at just one slice

Doreen
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 11:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 120/125/95 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: -20%
Default low carb emplorium

hi guys-

anyone have these bagels or hot dog buns? they are super but i am wondering if the carb count is accurate. net 1 carb per 1 oz. too good to be true? if you've tried em..please lemme know if you've stalled or gained..thanks!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 12:23

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 209/136/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 106%

I have a recipe for low carb bread machine bread at only 4 grams of carbs per slice.. Made it a lot cheaper than to buy it.. It turned out great..
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 15:43

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Natural Ovens of Manitowoc Wisconsin makes an LC wheat bread that is pretty good. I found it at Whole Foods for $3 some-odd dollars a loaf. It has 3 net carbs per slice. It believe it's simply called Natural Ovens Low Carb Bread. I replied to a tread about it some time ago and it seems other people are finding it in stores in different parts of the country. It may be worth a couple of calls to some local heath food stores to see if they carry it. Our regular grocery stores carry other versions of Natural Ovens but I have not seen the LC bread there yet. You never know, maybe some regular grocery stores in your area carry it already.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 15:56

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Just did a search. Below is the link to their home page. Type "Low Carb" in the search box and all the products come up. For my area it quotes me $5.10 for 3 day UPS even if I put a number of loaves in my basket. It may be a bit more for you but probably still worth it if you buy a few loaves and freeze them (I've had mine in the freezer for a month and a half, still tastes good & makes GREAT toast). You could also go in with a LCing friend on an order to cut down the cost.

http://www.naturalovens.com/
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 00:51

Plan: proteinpower
Stats: 123/122/121
BF:
Progress:

THEY ARE EXTREMELY GOOD -- 1 carb but WAY better than TODD's -- none of that 'gummy' texture!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 00:58

Plan: proteinpower
Stats: 123/122/121
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischab
I just went to a Low Carb store and found bagels made by Low Carb Emporium. I got home and toasted one - added lots of butter and proscuitto - and it was absolutely HEAVEN!!!! I have tried some low carb breads - and haven't found a great one yet - but these bagels are better than a lot of regular bagels!!

where did you get them in N.CA?? i can get the bread and the buns but i' am desperately looking for the bagels!!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 01:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by satihap
hi guys-

anyone have these bagels or hot dog buns? they are super but i am wondering if the carb count is accurate. net 1 carb per 1 oz. too good to be true? if you've tried em..please lemme know if you've stalled or gained..thanks!

Best thing to do is run them through the Hidden Carb calculator, enter the Calories, Protein, Fat and Carb grams (from the label) and hit Calculate. Don't enter anything else. See what comes up.