Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:21

Plan: Atkins & Weight Watchers
Stats: 321/226/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default too expensive right now

H i guys.....I havent been to this sight in a long time.....I lost a lot of weight on this atkins diet...and I love it......but over the year I have gained it back. I'm getting married December 21st so I need to get back on this. But the problem is, I am VERY tight on money and will be for another maonth n a half.....I have continued to slowly put on weight since I went off the diet....Im beginning to think that maybe Im gaining it faster since I was on the Atkins for so long and my system doesnt want to reverse itself. What kind of regimen can I go on to maintain or lose for the next month till I can start the Atkins again? Id really appreciate some advice....when I say tight on money, I mean Roman Noodles might be a good idea for the next month kind of thing.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:32
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

How about tuna or egg salad, ground meat (burgers, meatballs), salads w/ good dressings (on sale), omelets????
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 20:29

Plan: NeanderThin, Atkins mix
Stats: 131/127/127 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

How about buying eggs and cheese (cheddar is cheap) for protein? It may be REALLY boring, but should be very inexpensive.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 20:01

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268.4/207.9/154 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

I dont know but if you ask me,,,, high carbs foods are just as expensive as meat and vegetables,,, a bag of chips costs round the same as 6 eggs,,,and 6 eggs goes alot further.................. bye
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 22:19

Plan: Dr Bernstein
Stats: 195/175/170
BF:
Progress: 80%

Too right, jordy. I felt bad about buying myself steaks or whatever, then realized that it was nothing compared to the sweet breakfast cereals at $4 a box, or fast food "supersized" meals at over $6. So now I eat nothing but nice meat and fresh veg, and I'm the cheapest to feed in the whole household.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 20:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/153.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Ask a butcher to work up a deal with sorted cuts, i have. And eggs are always versitile. My budget is tight too. I actualy have more food now then when I was eating off of hamburger helper and macaroni