Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 03:26
Grrl

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Question Which Veggie Low-Carb Program is working for you?

Hi all

I'm new to all this and am only just beginning to compare low-carb plans that can fit into a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet so I'm *very* curious to know which one you feel best worked/is working for you. I need somewhere to start (so many books! LOL) Anyone?

P.S. I'd love to have made this into a poll, but I'm sure I'd miss some plan out...if anyone wants to post a poll on this that would be great.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 06:13
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I am on Atkins, actually. It hasn't been too hard at all to maintain my vegetarianism on Atkins and I like the structure of it.

You are welcome to look at my Fitday account to see what I eat, but I warn you-my food is pretty boring:

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=Paleoanth
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 11:36

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Grrl!

I am also on Atkins and it has been working fine for me. i have a lot to lose so I have been sticking to 20 carbs or so since March and it has been no problem, it was just hard the first two weeks.

You could take a look at my journal, I post what I eat everyday in there.

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: combo of different plans
Stats: 208/199/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

I am on the Insulin Resistance Diet, which is much more generous with carbs than Atkins.

It's wonderful to see folks on Atkins who are vegetarians. Time and time again I was told it just couldn't be done.

You folks are an inspiration!

Isn't it neat that there's such a nice selection of modified carbohdrate plans out there? I think mainly it's just important to get those carbs down. Everything after that is just personal choice!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 21:57
Grrl

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Thank you all for your replies. I just bought "the book" today and am trying to figure out how to navigate Induction. I am feeling so much better eating low-carb already and it's only been two weeks! I've also been smoke-free (but not nicotine-free - i'm on the patch) and even with that stress to negotiate I still feel so much better than when I was living on bread and pasta. My husband, who's a meat-eater (I'm vegetarian), is interested in the plan, and inducting ketosis, so I'm trying to figure out how to put together a meat and veggie induction plan for us...LOL I'll let you know how it goes. I also picked up "The GLucose Revolution" which lokks like it might be very useful to incorporate into a Low-Carb Vegetarian plan.

Thanks for the responses and here's to LC'ing!

edit: LOL, I guess I forgot I was in the vegetarian forum. oops

Last edited by Grrl : Sun, Jul-20-03 at 21:59.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 180/148/130 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:unknown
Progress: 64%

I follow Protein Power, and have not found it difficult at all to stick with my vegetarianism. I did Atkins earlier this year, and didn't like it as well. You just have to figure out what works best for you, Judy