Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 09:29

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 240/240/200 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Not sure where to start, just turned 36, 240 lbs, male

So basically its time for me to get my "stuff" together. I just turned 36, male, 240lbs. My wife and I are trying to start a family and I want to be healthy for our child. I feel tired all the time and I need to make a change.

I do not eat excessive amounts of food, but I need to make changes to my diet. I only drink water and try to eat salad with chicken, avocado and no dressing for lunches. I am addicted to cereal, the cranberry crunch one from costco. I only use skim non-fat milk, but I eat it almost every day. I am OK giving this up but it will be hard. I try to walk on the treadmill or use the elliptical as much as possible but I will start trying to go every day.

When I was about 23 I did the Atkins diet, you know when it was all the rage. I lost about 20 lbs back then but then I started eating carbs again and I gained it all back plus more.

My wife is naturally thin but also has gained some weight since we got married. She is also looking to cut back and we are going to support each other, but sometimes we make bad decisions food wise.

I am going to start again cutting out almost all carbs and cutting down sugar. I need help from anyone on here that can take a few minutes to guide me or give me suggestions. I am happy I found this forum. I am ready to change but I need a helping hand. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links