Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 06:19

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%
Default meat and egg fast

Will someone please tell me exactly, to the letter how to do the meat and egg fast?

Last edited by joesfolks : Mon, May-02-05 at 07:13.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 08:23

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

HI to do the Meat and Egg fast you eat
Meat and way (baked, broiled, roasted, pan fried and no breading!)
Eggs (any way fried, scrambled, boiled, poached, deviled (with nothing but mayo). any way that you eat them, but do not add cheese, veggies, ect!
Mayo you can have some mayo daily also

You need plenty of water, and I mean plenty!

You need to take a good multi-vitamin, (THIS IS IMPORTANT, actually you should be taking them anyway!)

To do it right, you should not have coffee, cream, soda (of any kind). Water and only water.

Some do drink the splenda sodas, and coffee preferrably black.
This is up to you, but to follow it right, you need to stick to nothing but MEAT, AND EGGS ONLY!!
The mayo is a good way to get the fat that you need in the fast.
And they have said to eat the fat from the meats, but I could never bring myself to do this MEAT FAT IS GROSS TO ME!
That is pretty much the Meat and Egg Fast!
Do the fast no long than 5 to 7 days. This is not healthy for you, and it is basically used to break a stall, and get you into ketosis.
I will work great the first time, and after that is will not work as well.
So, if you are going to do it, I suggest that you do it right.
Be sure that you are healthy enough for this also!
Brenda
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 08:28
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%

You can also look under tips and stalls and there are tons of threads on the fast.

I have done very well doing it, so if you have questions, feel free to stop by my journal.

Have a great LC Day!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 08:30

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

It is hard I have done it and I did get ok resaults but If I were you and if you think you are in a stall I would just hang in there and the weight just starts to come off. It is not fun only eating Eggs and Meat because you need to do it for 4-7 days. at least 4 days I had to do it for 5 days and I lost 8 lbs I herd it is all water. I was going to do it again because I thought I stalled it was 30 days and no weight loss I just stuck it out and WAM my body was dropping again. I think I am getting to my ideal weight and my body is telling me to stop trying to lose 10 pounds a weel but I am not totaly agains the egg/meat fast I guess it is a ok tool just one of those ones that kinda suck to do But good luck let us know how it went for you.

All I did was eat EGGS/MEAT and well more EGGS / MEAT

good luck
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 09:33

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmasters
It is not fun only eating Eggs and Meat because you need to do it for 4-7 days. at least 4 days I had to do it for 5 days and I lost 8 lbs I herd it is all water.

You don't need to to the M&E fast for 4-7 days to get results. Actually, it is recommended that it be done for no more than a maximum of three days. Everyone is different anyway. Just because it took one person 4-7 days to lose lbs on the ME fast doesn't mean that would be the case for the next person. I lost 7lbs during my three days on the fast, and that was weeks ago, and I am still maintaining the weight loss. And personally, I didn't find it hard to do the fast either.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 16:33
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hullo Joesfolks,

Are you really stalled...as in no weight or inches lost for at least 4 weeks? Because if you go on a meat and egg fast when you are not truly stalled you are risking damage to your metabolism.

Have a read through Lisa N's post, Wait! Before starting a stall-buster, read here for some helpful suggestions.

All the best!

Rosebud
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 10:41

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

I tried this awhile back and it didn't work for me. If it doesn't work for you, I suggest trying the Fat Fast.