PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] new with not much weight to loss

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kelly Ann
Mon, Feb-26-01, 09:06
Hello all,

First of all I am soo glad I found this club. I have been on this low carb diet again for two weeks. I used it all year last year and lost 15 pounds. It was nooo problem. This time however, I cant seem to lose the weight. I only have 7 pounds to lose. So far i've lost two. I drink so much water, Im freezing and my energy level is almost nill!!!! I can't seem to lose the weight this time. I am very active plus go to the gym 3 times a week and yogo one a week. What could be my problem? Any suggestions?
Kelly Ann

Sandra
Mon, Feb-26-01, 11:24
Hi,
This happened to me last summer. I exercised all the time, followed the diet to a tee and didn't lose.
I then got diagnosed with low thyroid disease and got put on medication.
I am now starting this diet again to see if I can lose the 15 lbs I gained.
Hopefully it will work.
I had no energy last few years and other problems and had thyroid blood tests done. My numbers came back in the normal range, but I found a dr. that would treat me for my symptoms not just blood test #s and feel so much better now!

Check out this site and read up on it.

http://forums.about.com/ab-thyroid

Hope this helps.
Sandra

Tinakaye
Mon, Feb-26-01, 18:51
Hiya Kelly Ann, and welcome to the group. With having such a small amount to lose, its going to be rather slow. As well since you work out a lot, you might want to check out a CKD or TKD type of low carb woe. Just type in Lyle McDonald into any search engine and you'll find more info then you would want lol

As well with almost any change in diet the body does go thru withdrawels and that makes you feel pretty sluggish. You should just about be over that hump :)

Tinakaye
203/128/128
http://tinabelle.tripod.com/lowcarb.html