PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] New to your board first time on CKD

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ketoman
Tue, Jun-18-02, 21:58
Just wanted to say hi. I'm new to your board and have learned a lot. I don't get all the numbers and such but here's my plan:

Keep carbs under 20 M-F
Work out like crazy M-F
Carb up on the weekend

Will that get me started good enough? I don't know what pills to take, how many calories I should have etc. I'm an old Atkins freak and I get in Ketosis real quick so I thought the CKD would help me. I started Monday, worked out Monday and was in ketosis by Tuesday mid day. (I missed the gym tonight but I'll be back tomorrow)

Think this real simple plan will be successful for me?

Trainerdan
Wed, Jun-19-02, 03:32
Well, yes. Be sure that you are getting adequate protein during the keto phase though. use the calculator to see aprox. where you should be. This is important.

I have seen people on Atkins that don't take in nearly enough protein. Just be sure your levels are where they should be.

Zeus
Wed, Jun-19-02, 13:38
Do yourself a favor and buy "Bodyopus" by Dan Duchaine or "The Ketogenic Diet" by Lyle McDonald.

fern2340
Thu, Jun-20-02, 19:58
Welcome aboard Ketoman!
If you haven't done so already, be sure to check out the CKD101 thread at the top of the page.

Best of luck to you! Keep us informed on your results.
Linda