PDA

View Full Version : [BFL] Bloated Feeling After Free Day?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JennyAnkai
Mon, Jun-03-02, 15:07
Hey guys, I'm new to BFL and had my first free day yesterday. Today I am feeling bloated all over. Is this normal for the day after free day?

Jenny

Natrushka
Mon, Jun-03-02, 16:14
Jenny, I think that would depend on just how 'free' your free day was ;) If you ate quite a few more carbs than normal then, yes, feeling bloated after freeday would be normal. Carbs attract water - hence the water weight loss when you start eating LC. I've never gone through what you're describing - I use my free days as typical LC days; I eat when I'm hungry and I don't worry about getting in my protein. I tend to eat more fat and less calories on those days. I'm pretty sure that there are a few BFLers who've over indulged on free day with carbs who'll be better able to help you with this.

Today, water is your friend ;) Hope you're feeling better.
Nat

JennyAnkai
Mon, Jun-03-02, 16:21
Good reply, Nat, thanks so much. Well, I live in Los Angeles, so yesterday I attended a Lakers/Sacramento Game 7 Finals party, so yes, I was pretty free (my freedom included a few White Russians, 2 hot links (with the bun, yikes!), chips and dip, pasta salad, etc. Way free. And today I'm paying for it because I feel like I'm pooching out from every angle! Thanks for the advice, I'll keep tweaking things, like you suggest.

Jenny