PDA

View Full Version : Tangy Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cherio
Wed, May-29-02, 07:42
Remember all you low carbers that summer cook outs are coming up and we must make and bring something that we can enjoy! No potato salad or macaroni salad for us. So here is something quick and easy that we CAN eat:

Mix 1 cup Miracle Whip, 2 packets Sweet-n-Low, and 2 Tbsp. vinegar in large bowl.

Add 3 cups each of lightly steamed and cooled broccoli and cauliflower, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, mix lightly. Cover. Refrigerate over night.

Cook 12 slices of bacon crisply and crumble. Cool and put in zip lock. Refrigerate.

When serving let guests sprinkle crumbled bacon over their serving.

Makes 8 servings.

Additions: 1/4 cup raisins

P.S. I made this Memorial Day and it was a BIG hit, no one even knew it had artificial sweetner in it! It was delish. :thup:

Cinderella
Wed, May-29-02, 08:08
Sound delish!!
How long would you steam these fresh veggies for?? :roll:

Can't wait to try it.

Cin

Cherio
Wed, May-29-02, 13:13
Cin, not very long. Just until they are barely tender. About 5 minutes. Otherwise they turn to mush when you try to stir in the Miracle Whip! LOL :D It was very good, I was surprised. Don't know why, but I was! :rolleyes:

Deb
Tue, Jun-04-02, 14:19
i'm sorry to be a wet blanket but i think Miracle Whip has a lot of sugar in it. Maybe homemade mayo would lower the carb count?

Deb

Deb
Tue, Jun-04-02, 14:26
i'm sorry to be a wet blanket but i think Miracle Whip has a lot of sugar in it. Maybe homemade mayo would lower the carb count?

Deb

Soteria
Sun, Jun-23-02, 14:51
That's what I was thinking! Miracle Whip is so carby!

But I am gonna try this recipe using zero carb mayo! :D

You using dill pickles too?