PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] CKD and HIT training anyone?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BigGonz
Sun, Mar-24-02, 00:31
Hi, I'm new to this forum and board. Currently on the Atkins plan, but am interested in incorporating CKD since I lift. Has anyone tried to use HIT techniques and CKD. I currently train HIT style. (1 Set per exercise to failure, using a 6 to 8 second rep cadence) Will I be able to follow my training style, and get the benefits of the CKD? I do a morning cardio session of at least 30 minutes of treadmill work 5 days a week, then lift on Sun/Tue/Thurs. Any assistance would be appreciated, and thanx.

Trainerdan
Sun, Mar-24-02, 12:26
Welcome to the forum BigGonz ...

For training HIT while running a CKD, I would say that you might be able to sustain the intensity of HIT early in the week, but by Thurs/Friday you will be spent and wouldn't be able to reap the HIT benefits.

My opinion is that you do your Sun and Tues workouts as usual, but your Thursday workout should be moved to Friday, and be a full body/circuit style to prime your body for the influx of carbs.

And you get a big :thup: for the morning cardio. I am a big believer in it. :cool:

BigGonz
Sun, Mar-24-02, 19:42
First, I'm kinda hanging with induction for awhile on Atkins. My l oss seems to be slow, and sometimes if I eat late to squeeze in that last meal I seem to gain weight back. I know it's probably water weight since I drink at least a gal. and a half a day.TRY to weigh once a week only. My question about the CKD is what kind of foods do you eat on the carb up?
I'm at a loss as to what to eat on the carb up. I have just recently added Xenadrine back into the mix, and wonder if this adversely effects ketosis. I've made good losses using it in a 12 week on 3-4 week off schedule, but reading DANDR kinda got me to thinking about using it. Also, one last thing, I used the CKD calculator you recommended on quadrafit I believe, and my daily caloric needs at 12 cal per lb during the keto cycle range from 3072 to 4096. That seems excessive. I used Fitday.com to log my daily intake today, and the best I got was 2500 or so cals. Should I use the parameters from the calculator? Oh, and getting into the gym on Friday night isn't really an option for me, hence the S/T/TH schedule. HIT has always wiped me out even on my best days, so I don't know if it matters...maybe just move the carb-up to Thursday to Saturday? Sorry for the length, and thanx in advance.

fern2340
Sun, Mar-24-02, 22:16
Here is a link where I posted exactly what I ate this weekend:
Weekend Carb Up (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38063)

Linda