PDA

View Full Version : [BFL] Yogurt

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Alex
Tue, Feb-19-02, 11:56
So yogurt is allowed on the BFL program. But it's not exactly LC, even though it is a good source of protien. The yogurt i have has 13 g of Carbs in it. Do any of you use yogurt? I heard that there is a better kind of yogurt with less carbs, but i can't find it. Should i check health food stores?

Natrushka
Tue, Feb-19-02, 12:00
Alex, a lot of us use yoghurt, be we BFLers or not. Full fat, plain yoghurt made with two or more live bacterial cultures is low carb. The bacteria will eat the sugars in the yoghurt. The yoghurt must be plain and contain a minimum of 2 different cultures. You can subtract approx 8g of carbs per cup.

Nat

Alex
Tue, Feb-19-02, 12:08
Thanks! i had no idea! :)

The kind i have now is Roberts nonfat with aspartame sweetener (is aspartame allowed?) It says it contains active cultures... but i'm not really sure what they are. It also says it contains Phenylalanine. not sure what that is.

So i should look for plain, full fat yogurt? With live cultures. And then i can subtract some of the carbs? But not from the sugar count, right? I noticed that some of the carbs are listed as sugars, and that cant be subtracted, right?