PDA

View Full Version : Second time around ....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Princesspp
Fri, Mar-24-06, 10:49
Okay -- I've always been the president of the Turtle club .. :lol: .. however .. due to unusual stresses last year .. Unfortunately almost all the weight I had lost (taken 3 years prior) .. is back on minus 15 pounds .. :help:

I'm not afraid of s-l-o-w loss, as I've been slow since I've started back in about 2001ish .. but I would like to see loss !!! :bash:

I've heard rumors that once the weight is gained back .... it's 10 times harder to lose the second time around .. :eek: .. Does anyone know if this is true .. Because I'm totally proud of myself if I can maintain 188 throughout the week ... (DOESNOT HAPPEN ... :eek: )

I was wondering if anyone else may have found this to happen ???? As much as I'm trying .. it does not want to shake .. :(

Any suggestions from the pro's of the site .. I would really appreciate !!! I feel like I've lost my touch, and am starting over at square one with the knowledge of a beginner .. :( :daze: :(

Thanks in advance .. I look forward to any suggestions to kickstart my system again ..

kimbo1926
Tue, Mar-28-06, 13:26
I have been having the same problem. I was on atkins before and lost so much weight so easly... now that I am on it again for the second time it has been nothing but a struggle. I stay below 20 carbs and have been on the diet for almost 3 months and only lost 15 pounds..and I think that came off because it was extra extra weight from when I was pregnant. HELP!!!

sunshine2
Thu, Apr-06-06, 15:24
I started the program in 2001 and have yo-yo'd for the past few years. I've refocussed myself this year - Jan 4th, and have learned that each cheat sets you back. I have been trying to remain cheat free and made it unitl around 90 days and finally broke down and had a cookie (was under stress at my Grandmothers funeral). But the thing I have noticed is you have to get into deep deep ketosis. I have to cut my carbs way back and then gradually add my salads and veggies in. I'm doing strict M&E and then add the veggies back in. But any cheats at all will stall you - but thats with any diet.

I've accepted the fact I'm a turtle but the key is - I'm not giving up and I will finish this race - even if it takes me 10 years!

santabarb
Tue, Apr-11-06, 13:56
Okay -- I've always been the president of the Turtle club .. :lol:

I've heard rumors that once the weight is gained back .... it's 10 times harder to lose the second time around .. :eek: .. Does anyone know if this is true .. Because I'm totally proud of myself if I can maintain 188 throughout the week ... (DOESNOT HAPPEN ... :eek: )

I was wondering if anyone else may have found this to happen ???? As much as I'm trying .. it does not want to shake .. :(

Princess--
I've unfortunately heard the same things and am trying not to let it throw me off track. I'm stuck too at about the same place.
I wish I had any easy answer for both of us. I'm taking pricey supplements in the hope of 'healing my hormones'. Hormones are an interconnected system and one glitch is enough to upset the system's balance, I read.
Of course, you get the other approach which says 'unresolved issues' are what's holding us back. Fixing that by going to a therapist can certainly set you back some major money.

santabarb
Tue, Apr-11-06, 14:00
Sunshine2--
I admire your tenacity. Plus you are making nice progress!

You're a good advertisement for Atkins.
!

Born2run
Wed, May-24-06, 15:46
I know this is an old post, but I hope you are having an easier time. Judy