PDA

View Full Version : Flax Seed Slice / Cake

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GayClarke
Mon, Dec-05-05, 08:47
I've been looking for something to do with flax seed for ages. My requirements are to get 15g of flaxseed every day with the minimum of fuss, carbs and calories.

This is a recipe I found and modified. It's 3 net carbs per generous slice and 142 calories. I eat it with stained greek yogurt, which is just like cream to me, and some fresh berries. My husband, who has a real sweet tooth, sometimes adds a little Splenda. 1 slice a day gives me all the omega-3 I need. If you don't eat a lot of fish, it's one of the few ways to get your omega-3.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Flax Seed Slice

Recipe By : Gay
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time : not a lot
Categories : Low Carb

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
25 g olive oil -- or melted butter
2 med eggs
60 g half and half or whipping cream
10 g hermeseta Granulated or Splenda
teaspoon maple extract and or nutmeg -- optional
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
120 g flax seed -- ground
15 g soy flour -- or Atkin's Bake Mix

Mix wet ingredients

Mix dry ingredients, then add to wet

Spread into 7 or 8 inch cake tin and bake at 375 (190) degrees for 15-20 minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving:142 Calories; 11g Fat (64.3% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 50mg Cholesterol; 186mg Sodium

kevinpa
Mon, Dec-05-05, 09:36
I buy the eggs that are 660mg omega-3 per egg. 1 or 2 eggs and I'm good to go.

neo_crone
Mon, Dec-05-05, 10:25
You don't say how many servings you get from the recipe - how many slices to get the 140kc/3 carbs portion?

neo_crone

kevinpa
Mon, Dec-05-05, 10:52
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time : not a lot

It was there just hidden....;)

neo_crone
Mon, Dec-05-05, 11:44
It was there just hidden....;)

Oopsie! Thanks! Must get new glasses.....

neo_crone

GayClarke
Mon, Dec-05-05, 11:56
You don't say how many servings you get from the recipe - how many slices to get the 140kc/3 carbs portion?
neo_crone
Hi

It did say at the top :) . Serving Size 8.

You can slice it into 12 for a portion containing 10g of flax. That would give about 95 calories and 2 carbs.