PDA

View Full Version : Can We Say "CINNABON" Oh My!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

WomanofGod
Sun, May-25-03, 06:06
If I kept this to myself, it would be a sin!!!

Yesterday I went to the mall with my God-daughter and I did not eat low carb. I decided to have a planned cheat. It really was not worth it except for the caramel/pecan/chocolate/granny smith apple LOL! Well, I kept craving a cinnabon. You know the buns at the mall that you ask for extra glaze on?

Well today I made my Chedder Bay Biscuits (taste just like the biscuits at Red Lobster). They were so good, I started thinking about how I could make them into a dessert type treat...Maybe strawberry shortcake OR A CINNABON!!!!! Well Cinnabon won!

This is my first recipe that I made up and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have on tonight. Please bear with me as I am not a measuring cook. I taste and include whatever seems to be missing. But I will do my best for measurements!

6-8 oz cream cheese
4 large eggs
2 cups pork rind flour (crush into a fine powder)
1 cup soy bake mix (I used GNC/I'm sure atkins will work)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamin
1/2 to 3/4 cup Splenda
1 tsp vanilla

Sit eggs and cream cheese out to get to room temperature (I always put my cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute ~ makes it easier to blend.)

Preheat oven to 425. Mix by hand cream cheese and eggs (0ne egg at a time until smooth).

Add pork rind flour, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamin and Splenda. Mix until blended. This Mixture will be thick. Taste mix...It should be semi sweet and cinnaminny (is that a word?) LOL

Mound mixture with a TBSP into a 12 muffin tin (spray with non stick spray). This made 11 muffins. The mounds should be about the size of a lemon.

Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.

CINNABON TASTING GLAZE ~ You will need a stand mixer for this. You have to mix it for at least 10 minutes to work.

While muffins are in the oven make the glaze.

1 stick of butter
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup of splenda
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
Davinci French Vanilla Syrup
Davinci Vanilla Syrup

I put the butter and cream cheese in the microwave to get them to soften. Put butter and cream cheese in a "stand mixer bowl" Mix throughly

Slowly add in all the Splenda. Once all of the splenda is added, mix for 10 minutes. After 10 min add the lemon juice and vanilla extract. I added the two syrups just enough to thin the glaze out a little. Taste to see if any more splenda or syrup needs to be added.

I'm telling you it comes out just like the glaze at cinnabon.

Take biscuits out of the oven and cover with the glaze.

CAN WE SAY CINNABON HEAVEN? I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!

I've amazed myself on today And it takes a lot to amaze me.

I know this seems like it takes a long time. It only took me 20 minutes!!!!!!

(you don't have to glaze all of the biscuits ~ glaze as you are ready to eat them. Reheat biscuits/glaze. Put extra glaze in the fridge).

Please enjoy these as I have. Oh by the way NO PORK RIND TASTE!!!!!!

Pork Rinds are amazing!

Marcia :wave:

junebug61
Mon, May-26-03, 06:06
I really don't like pork rinds, what else could you use in place of them?

ICanDoThis
Sun, Jun-29-03, 21:14
:wave: I know nothing about pork rind flour. Is this something you can buy, by the bag? Or do I need to buy a bag of pork rinds and stomp on them? I buy pork rinds all the time. If I need to buy the rinds and stomp on em", can you give me an approximate on how many ounces of pork rinds equal 2 cups of the pork rind flour your recipe calls for?

Thanks for your time.

Kris
"ICanDoThis"
goal: 130

ICanDoThis
Sun, Jun-29-03, 21:25
P.S. Forgot to ask if you had broken this down yet. I was wondering what each "Bon" was worth in Carbs, Fiber & Proteins. Curious... Mouth is watering already...

Kris
"ICanDoThis"
goal: 130

IwillLose
Thu, Aug-14-03, 03:30
:wave: I know nothing about pork rind flour. Is this something you can buy, by the bag?

This just means pork rinds all crushed up.

jennie_m
Thu, Aug-14-03, 21:15
I would LOVE to try this. It sounds so good. Do you have the carb count, though? I am relatively new, so I don't want to get addicted to something I'm really not supposed to have yet...lol!

cwfgirl
Tue, Aug-19-03, 04:38
Cheddar Bay Biscuits???
Oh Marsha, would you please post the recipe????
They sound yummy!

verzuvei
Sat, Aug-30-03, 21:17
I don't know what I did wrong, but I followed the recipe to a T, except I used the Atkins bake mix. Well, instead of making 11 lemon-sized muffins, I came out with about 20! The dough was so dry that I had to add something to it, so I added a little cream. They came out okay but I think my pork rinds were a bit "porky" because I could still taste a little pork there. The glaze was wonderful. I didn't have the DaVinci vanilla syrup but instead I used a little Torani Sugar-Free Caramel syrup and wowser! That really added a great flavor!
I meant to ask you if you used 6 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese, or did you mean "between 6-8 ounces" of cream cheese? (I just used 8 ounces).
Anyway, I might try them again sometime, if I have some "less flavorful" pork rinds. ha!

verzuvei
Sun, Aug-31-03, 20:43
Okay, I tried them again this evening. I only used 1 cup of pork rind flour instead of 2, and they were much better. The recipe even made 11, like you stated it was, so from now on I'll remember to alter my recipe to just 1 cup instead of 2.

cwfgirl
Mon, Sep-01-03, 05:26
Hi verzuvei,
I was just looking at the Cheddar Bay biscuit recipe and that calls for 2 cups of pork rind flour (crunched up pork rinds) and no additional soy flour. The recipe also calls for 8 oz. of cream cheese. You have to have been correct to adjust your recipe making it half pork rind and half bake mix. I'm anxious to try this too and will let you know how mine come out.

verzuvei
Wed, Sep-17-03, 15:03
Has anyone else tried these yet? I would like to know if theirs tasted porky. I think I've burned myself out on pork rinds. Even the smell of them makes me nauseous now. ha

Pye
Sun, Jan-18-04, 13:26
[QUOTE=cwfgirl]Hi verzuvei,
I was just looking at the Cheddar Bay biscuit recipe and that calls for 2 cups of pork rind flour (crunched up pork rinds) and no additional soy flour. The recipe also calls for 8 oz. of cream cheese.

Does anyone have this CHeddar Bay biscuit recipe?

nfb02001
Fri, Feb-27-04, 00:49
Could you post your cheddar bay biscuit recipe?

sixpence
Thu, Mar-11-04, 09:26
6-8 oz cream cheese
4 large eggs
2 cups pork rind flour (crush into a fine powder)
1 cup soy bake mix (I used GNC/I'm sure atkins will work)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamin
1/2 to 3/4 cup Splenda
1 tsp vanilla
Marcia :wave: I think the first part of her post is the recipe for the cheddar baby biscuits, except lose the cinnamon.

noradiazb
Thu, Jun-17-04, 16:41
WomanofGod,

I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you! I made these today and they are yummy! The first real bread-like treat I've had since starting Atkins.

WomanofGod
Sun, Jun-20-04, 20:17
WomanofGod,

I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you! I made these today and they are yummy! The first real bread-like treat I've had since starting Atkins.

You are so welcome. I'm really glad you enjoyed them. I am on another group list and they love them over there.

I've found either you love them or you hate them!!!!! Glad you liked them! :thup: