Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 07:12
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 184/168/150
BF:
Progress: 47%
Unhappy Completely Blew IT!!

I started Atkins on Sept.22 2003, lost 18 lbs, and this holiday completely blew it and ate every carb. in sight. I am so disgusted with myself. I really want to lose this weight, so why do I do this to myself? I am getting married in 14 days and want to look good, too late now!! I am trying again today. Why can't I do this? Is there supplements I can take to help me? I see supplements on posts, what are best and what should I be taking? I was down to 166, now 173!!!! I want to just cry!! Thanks , Marben
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 08:08

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Marben!

The first advice I can give you is to not beat yourself up; it's not going to help and will only serve to make you more miserable. Forgive yourself and get back on track as you're doing. We all slip from time to time; those that succeed slip too, but they also get right back up again and go back at it as many times as it takes to get to where they want to be. Stress is a big trigger for many people and with a wedding coming up, I'd be willing to bet that you have more than your share of it right now. At least half of what you've gained back is water retention and will probably leave fairly quickly once you restart induction. It's true that you won't likely make your goal before the wedding, but you can at least lose weight between now and then instead of staying where you are.
You can have a look through the supplements forum, but two good supplements to help with carb cravings are chromium and L-Glutamine. It also helps to not allow yourself anything sweet (even artificial) for a few weeks to get past the worst cravings. Hope your wedding is wonderful!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 08:20
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Thank you Lisa!!

I will take your advice. I have alot to do yet for wedding but can only do one thing at a time right? I have to realize this. I am trying Induction again today, I will also buy those supplements and see if this will help. Have a good day!! Thanks for your help!! Marben
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Lisa...today is the first day of Induction!!! Don't "try" it....DO it!!!

You know your important day is coming up and you want to give it your all before then. So, you take it nice and easy, relax and take care of the wedding details...don't get concerned with food until you're hungry.

You may be able to keep to a very strict induction and drop a good deal of those pounds, OR you may not be able to keep to this plan right now because of other - more important things in your life - and either way, it's FINE.

You are at a weight where you don't have too much to lose now anyway, so if you never drop another pound between now and then, I'm sure you will be beautiful!! Don't stress!!

Hang in here with us...
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 12:11
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Oops....so sorry Marben!!! I guess I had Lisa on the brain...

Message was for YOU!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 16:48
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up Thank you Donna!!

Yes I have managed Induction today. The only thing I have missed is my water but will do that tonight, starting right now. Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it!! I don't know what happened with my diet. As soon as i saw pies, banana creme, pumpkin, apple, cookies, stuffing, I had to try it. I just had to have it, no control. Finally gave the pies away. Oh and candy too. I am like stop this, but couldn't stop. I know I have 13 days left for wedding and I am going back to old way of eating? Crazy huh? Well I am doing it and thats that!! Maybe I can get 5 -6 lbs off, not much but will look better. Have a great night!! Marben
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 19:44

Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Marben

Hey don't feel bad. I did the same thing. I ate like a hog two days straight.. I had bread,pie, and tons of no no foods. And I too was up a couple of pounds. I've been back on track the rest of the week though. You'll be just fine. And hey.. may be just water retention from all the salty things.. who knows.. Take care!