Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-01, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 224/206/170
BF:
Progress:

Hi all, (this is a long one....)

Well, I've been doing Atkins going into my 8th week now. This is the longest I've ever stuck to a "diet" and I'm quite proud of that. Now I should note a couple of things: I've only been on the scale twice since I started but I measure myself every week. The last time I was on the scales was almost 4 weeks ago and at that point I was down 10 pounds from the start. I have been consistently losing inches every week for a total of 11 1/4 inches lost. I feel great still.

Anyway, a couple of days ago, I felt like I wasn't losing anything (a typical fat day!) So, I decided I was going to have a planned cheat at a chinese restaurant. I ordered a big combination plate, eggroll included and I had full intentions of eating this monstrous piece of chocolate cheesecake for desert. I figured if I was going to cheat, I would cheat really good!

So, I start with the eggroll (it was quite good actually), then I began on the big plateful of goodies. I ate the chicken balls, some rice, enjoyed the vegetables and finished off the spareribs. Then I got full. I looked down at the plate and most of the rice still sat there and didn't turn me on at all and the batter from the chicken balls was also sitting there (which surprised me). Then the waitress asked if I wanted desert, I thought about the cheesecake that I told myself earlier I was going to eat and felt half disgusted by the thoughts of eating it. So I paid up and went home (without the cheesecake).

Later that night, lying in bed, I was having a major guilt trip. Then it struck me, that was the poorest attempt at a cheat I've ever seen!! Anyway, my point is that if I'm stuck losing a pound a week for the next 40 weeks, I'd rather do it with this program that works better than any other program that I can't stick to and leaves me hungry all the time.

Patience really is a virtue, and I'm beginning to learn it!

Emmajoe
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-01, 10:15
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Emmajoe,

This is great! In just 8 weeks you developed the way of life/eating attitude instead of the diet mentality. I love the emphasis on inches as well, your numbers sound amazing. Congrats.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-01, 20:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/147/107
BF:
Progress:

What a cute story, emmajoe. I agree totally, this lack of cravings is THE BEST feeling in the world.