Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 21:32

Plan: OFP
Stats: 150/128/125 Female 5'3 3/4"
BF:30%?/19.6%/20%
Progress: 88%
Default I Give Up?!

Hope someone can help. I have two rilly good pics that I wanted to use as an avatar. Neither one would load. I edited and edited and edited and have now been trying for _months_ to upload one or the other of them.

Apparently I am just too stupid to get either of them small enough. Each time I have tried uploading, it is too large. Even when I chose the option to specify the pic size (last try was 96x96)

I even retook the picture (with lower resolution) to try to reduce the size of the file. I used Microsoft Picture It! Platinum and even tried Fireworks 4 to edit. No joy.

Is there any way I could shoot it to a moderator person, they could edit it and upload it????

I am sorry I am so stoopid. I waited to ask for help because I was determined to solve it myself, but it just ain't happening.

Please take pity on me

PS. I even asked my teenage son to help and some weeks later, my husband. None of us had any success.

Last edited by Kayakker : Mon, Jan-27-03 at 21:38.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 01:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/221/120
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default doreen

I'm really new to this computor. I kind of got a few things messed up on my site. I put the word introduction in the first part of my thread when i started,I dont like it! but i'm not to sure what im suppose to put there. also i wanted to delete the first reply as i messed it up but it wont let me.also i'm not quite sure how tomake sure the reply goes on the persons journal instead of mine ,most of the time it goes on theirs but once in a while it will go on mine.Is it ok to be on mine if its an answer to the posting?
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 19:29
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%
Default Confused.....

I have read all the posts and feel really stupid asking this question....but heck, I just can't figure it out.

I want to post my pictures....how do I add it as an attachment. I do not have a place that hosts my pictures....just have them saved on my computer. Can I add them to one of my posts? If so, how do I do it? I went in to start a new thread and saw where I add an image....but it wants an http address which leads me to believe I need the picture to be hosted????

Please help.....and thanks......sighhhhhh
  #19   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 19:30
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%
Default Never mind.....

Think I've got it figured out now........thanks everyone!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 19:35
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi Josie,

The image code link is for linking to an picture posted on a webpage, not for posting attachments.

Right below the box where you type your post, you'll see where you can Attach File. Just click on the Browse button to find the file on your computer, click ok .. and that should do it. You can attach the following file types: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg pdf

There is a size restriction, maximum 102400 bytes or 400 x 400 pixels, whichever is largest.

hth,

Doreen
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 17:21

Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

I can't add anything but text to my signature what am I doing wrong???
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 17:32
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristesas
I can't add anything but text to my signature what am I doing wrong???

The image has to be posted on a webpage on the internet. It needs to be an "address" starting with http:// ... and ending with .html or .htm.

You're trying to link to an image file in your computer's C: drive, which won't work.

Doreen
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 19:08

Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

Thanks Doreen, I finally guessed it? lol Only been trying all day...My motto be patient I'm blonde and polish...
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default fell off the wagon for a while....

I was really "bad" for a long time... but I am back and determined. Anyway, while I was gone the format changed...

What is the little cross smiley face on the left with the profiles?

Thanks
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-04, 18:03
Hanging in there

Stats: //130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Help! I can't attach pictures

Hi,
I'm hoping you can help me, I can't seem to attach any pictures at all, I've resized them all, and still can't see them, what am I doing wrong?, I recently became a contributing member thinking that way I can attach images and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 05:24
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMDezi
Hi,
I'm hoping you can help me, I can't seem to attach any pictures at all, I've resized them all, and still can't see them, what am I doing wrong?, I recently became a contributing member thinking that way I can attach images and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

hi Desiree,

All registered members can attach files to their posts .. Contributing members get more space.

What may be happening is that the file hasn't completely uploaded before closing the "Manage Attachments" box. It's a 2-step process. After browsing and selecting the file from your C:\ drive, you must click the Upload button; this can take a while, so be patient. Don't close the Manage Attachments box until the file appears in the Current Attachments section. You can attach up to 5 files per post if you wish. When the desired file(s) are listed in the Current Attachments section .. THEN you can close that window. The files will then be listed in the attachments section under the box where you type your message, and should appear after you submit the post.

hth,

Doreen
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 03:47
Hanging in there

Stats: //130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default well that didn't work,

Hello again,
thank you for the quick response but that didn't work either, I made sure the I checked out the properties and that the file sizes were small and the pixsels were 100 x 100, I just don't understand what could be happening, someone else took my jpeg and attached it back to me with no problem and i was able to view it on their journal. I'll try attaching to this post and see what happens...any suggestions????

Thank you
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 08:25
Forum Founder

BF:

hi Desirée,

I think I see what's happening .. I sneaked a peek at your journal where you were having problems the other day trying to get the images to show up.

You're not doing anything wrong .. attachments are supposed to appear as a clickable link only, NOT as the full image. This is explained in the very first post in this thread. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...006&postcount=1

So ... how come some folks are able to have an actual picture in their posts? Those images are LINKED from another site, they're not attachments. Some people upload pics to their personal webpage and link from there, others put the pics in their lowcarber gallery and link to there. Some of the cute cartoon pics are linked to other outside websites without the web-owners knowledge or permission .. this is called hot-linking. It's all explained in the second post in this thread http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...007&postcount=2

I hope that's helpful for you

Doreen
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 14:21
Registered Member

Stats: 260/263/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -3%

How do you develpe your profile and post pictures, and how do you get a picture to appear by your login name on threads.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 14:31

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Here is a list of FAQ's that will cover the things that you are asking about. The photo next to your name is an avatar. You'll see instructions for how to add one...

Please feel free to post here again if any of the instructions are not clear...

Good luck & welcome to the forum!