Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 23:38

Plan: Carb Addict's Diet
Stats: 200/170/145
BF:
Progress: 55%
Cool My name is Jess, and I am a Carb Addict

Hello to everyone out there!!! This is my first entry in this forum, the first of hundreds more to come so watch out! I went out today and bought The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, which has come highly recommended to me from a friend who has lost quite a bit of weight on this diet, she is also the reason I am here in this forum.

I haven't actually started the CAD yet, I plan to start Monday, I am giving myself a day to get acquainted with everything, and to make sure I actually have food around the house that I can eat. I've been working out for the past three months, and have managed to lose about 10 pounds and 13 inches, and I am just looking for something else to help me with my weight loss. From what I have learned so far in the book, I believe that this diet is going to be the one I want to follow, I have most of the symptoms of a carb addict, and so I am really hoping that this diet is going to help me get rid of my cravings, as well as my huge appetite.

So anyway, I just wanted to let my presence known, and I'm sure I will be back when I start seeing results (or start going crazy from the difficulties I will definitely run into). So hello for now! Can't wait to start losing weight!

JessaRose
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 06:22
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi Jessa and welcome to our forum!!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far....you've been working hard! Feels good to be working out, doesn't it?

CAD is a good plan, although I've never understood why it allows carbohydrate addicts to have a carb loaded meal once a day....?? In my mind that's like giviing an alcoholic a drink or two. I"m not knocking the plan, as it works wonderfully for lots of people...but if you find that you're still craving carbs and sweets after a time, you may want to look into other plans. Some people are TRUE carb addicts....one carby meal leads to days of binging....so just be aware of that caveat. It probably won't happen with you, but just in case.......

And I like to ask newbies, just to make sure they understand, whether they view low-carbing as a "diet" to lose weight or a new way of life? This is no quick fix program, lose the weight, and then go back to your old way of eating.... You'll gain the weight back so fast it'll make your head spin!!

We're glad you found us.... you'll love the support here and you'll make LOTS of new friends, too!! It's a wonderful place!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 07:31

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

hi jess, and welcome. I hope you do post a whole bunch!

I'd recommend to stay away from sugar and flour, even on CAD. As Teri says, if we're addicted to those quick carbs in particular, continuing to eat them is dangerous. Even having them around the house is too much for me (and I don't think I'm alone in this!) Instead, whole grains, tomato sauce, fruit, and milk are better choices for the RM.

Congrats on getting into the workout habit--that is the very best thing you can do for your health. Keep it up!