Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 12:10

Plan: LC gut healing
Stats: 302/285/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Irrelevant
Progress: 12%
Default What changes have you noticed so far?

With so much to lose, it sometimes seems like we'll never get "there," you know, the place where clothes hang perfectly and life is perfect. I need to celebrate something N.O.W. So, what's changed since you've started, or restarted, this WOE?

I'll go. I can now suck in my gut. When I started back, I could not do it. Yes, folks, I can now exercise my abdominal muscles. It took me 6 pounds to be able to do it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 13:19

Plan: was Atkins now PāNu
Stats: 292.5/195/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

One thing I have just noticed in the last 2lbs or so is that the entire length of my collarbones are now visible, right out to the "knob" where they end at the top inside of the shoulder.

It was quite a surprise when I saw this for the first time the other evening and ever since I have been frequently stealing off into the bathroom to have another peak....it is very new and very foreign for me.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 14:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263.6/253.6/160 Female 5 ft 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Subscribing...I've lost 6 pounds as of this morning, so I'm not yet noticing changes, other than my mood being heightened when I see the numbers on the scale inching down! =)
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 14:49
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I lost my weight a while ago, but I will *never* forget that day when I squatted down to get something out of a low cupboard. I did it without thinking, but previously, I couldn't do that with my weight, I always had to get down on one knee to close to floor.

I was amazed I was able to squat & get back up!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 16:31

Plan: Atkins/ carnivore
Stats: 302/270/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 29%

I couldn't walk a mile and I can walk 4 miles now. down from size 19 shirts to 18 shirts, I sleep all night, and my ties have gotten longer.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 18:21

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

In this latest round, I have been stalling out and even gained back a little in the past two weeks, but the thrift store pants that didn't button last week, I am wearing today, even though I weigh slightly more. I must be doing something right.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 18:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/269/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

I'm losing my butt (not really a good thing, because I don't want it to go flat on me!!!)
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 20:41

Stats: 374/297/168 Female 5ft 2in
BF:Um yes
Progress: 37%

I had to pull my seat up 1 spot closer to the steering wheel !
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 00:52
Absurdtive

Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

It's the little things that I've noticed. How I can fit through turnstiles forwards instead of having to go sideways. The fact that I can now sit next to a much wider variety of people on the train; people larger than size 2 women will now not hesitate to sit down next to me. Running up the 3 story escalator from the train station to street level is easy and does not leave me panting for breath. Like Darlene, I can now see my collarbones. Transitioning to the next clothing size and importantly, transitioning out of the plus sizes altogether. I'm sure that I'll think of more of these.

--Melissa
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 01:12

Plan: Zero Carb
Stats: 420/275.6/189 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I've lost ~28-29 pounds so far (haven't lost in two weeks though, and at my weight..kinda sucks). What I have noticed is my clothes are looser, hygiene is easier, and my back doesn't hurt when I walk anymore. Quite a lot of changes for not so much loss (in comparison to what I need to lose)
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 03:23

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

I was just discussing this. When you lose weight the first thing that happens is water rushes in to fill the spot where the fat was. Water weighs more then fat but takes up less space. Eventually the water weight finally goes and you are left with smaller thighs. Smile.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 07:39

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 297/251.8/150 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%

I've always done yoga (albeit intermitantly), and there's one posture, I think it's called the bow, where I lay face down on the floor, grab both ankles and then fully extend for a full body stretch. When I was 300 pounds, i would have to grab one ankle, then "hook" the other foot to bring it close enough for me to grab w/ the other hand.

Now I can just reach back and grab both ankles, no "hooking" neccessary.

I can ride my bike 30+ miles a day, where as a little over a year ago it was a chore to ride 6.

I could go on n on.

But I discovered a lump in my side the other day, lol, It was the front part of my hip bone!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 09:45
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Great idea for a thread! Yes, I've found those hipbone tumors, too! Very scary until you realize they come in pairs <g>.

Benny, good point! That's something I try to point out when folks are frustrated at not getting the feedback from others when they first lose weight. Those first pounds may not be as noticeable, but they are the ones that make the greatest quality-of-life changes.

Last recent discovery? Even though I haven't lost much scale weight this month (a pound or so), several skirts fit now that didn't a few weeks ago. *That* was amazing--everything in my closet (with the exception of a few boxes) fits. That's just weird.

Edges. I found my boundaries, my edges. Can't explain this strange sensation very well, but just last night I became very aware of where I left off and the rest of the world started. Never felt that in that way before . . . I think it's because I"m getting closer to my true size.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 11:50
macabrem

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

A couple weeks ago I was running my hands down my ribs and felt something odd. What I was feeling was all stratified, spindly and knotty. Then I was like, "Oh, that's my Oblique muscles!"
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 12:59

Stats: 374/297/168 Female 5ft 2in
BF:Um yes
Progress: 37%

This is a really good thread, I am going to start looking at the stuff you guys noticed in yourselves in myself. I may have overlooked some of these things.