Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-12, 20:22

Plan: PP
Stats: 171/143/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I was reading through some of the many posts on LCF site. I'm surprised at how many posters there say they are "eating all the carbs they want" etc while on JUDDD. I don't think I would be able to do any variation of IF without many months of LC eating as a foundation. I'd be scared to try!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-12, 20:27
Registered Member

Plan: lowcarb 90/10 paleo juddd
Stats: 165/122/115 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

I agree about some of those posts! I was really surprised to see how many not only eat high carb, but eat a lot of cr*p as well. To each her own, I guess, but I can't imagine going back to that high-carb WOE ever--I feel too good on low carb to do that to myself. It's interesting to me to read any posts about people who have started eating high carb stuff like bread who talk about how it took them a few "tries" due to upset tummy etc. to actually be able to eat it without noticing the consequences!

Edit to say, though: overall, I really like the group over there who are very accepting of each person finding her/his own way and being generally very supportive of each other, even when the other person is doing something different with amount of carbs, types of food, etc.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-12, 20:53

BF:

Absolutely! I didn't mean to be in any way critical either. As I said I was purely surprised about the carbs and fast food.
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 07:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I wonder if eating somewhat higher carbs, starches maybe, on up days helps the thyroid?
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 07:57
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I'm hoping so, Sagehill, because my doc pulled me off both thyroid meds due to excess thyroid in my system. But I'm convinced low-carbing over a long time does pull thyroid function down a bit.
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 08:15
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 314/230.4/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 51%

I do keep low carb on UDs. I have to in order to lose.

But my carbs are between 40-60g per day whole carbs. Net is somewhere around 20ish-40 Net per day depending on fiber. My big treat on UDs is my high fiber low carb bread I make or something made from it.

I don't eat a bunch of crap on UDs or DDs. I may have a few sweet potato fries if we're eating a burger. But the main difference in the UD to the DD is the fat content of my meal. I eat about the same amount of veggies from day in to day out.

I once emailed with Dr. J about this and he said that my diet sounded excellent and exactly what I should be doing especially in light of the breast cancer.

You can find the bread recipe here in the recipe forum under bread. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=440775 over in the recipe forum here for the white bread.

Last edited by SusieT : Wed, Apr-11-12 at 08:18. Reason: Adding a link
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 09:56
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I had some pizza sauce left over (just tomato sauce, oregano, onion powder and garlic) and dipped my hard set egg into it. It is a really good combination!
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 11:51

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%

About the most carbs I have would be about 80. I do not eat strict Atkins level 20 grams though. On my UD's I watch what I eat and stay at about 1400-1500 calories. DD's are up to 700, but I try to eat less. So far I am at about a pound a week loss. Not fast but steady. I think it is easy for me to not really worry too much about what I eat and I am beginning to relax a bit. Now if I get some ongoing results, I will begin to eat my lunch "as if" it is a CM in CAD/CALP terms and then at dinner do it "as if" it is my RM. Best of both worlds if you are older and a slow loser maybe. We will see! Meantime, keep at it and good luck.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 13:37
Registered Member

Plan: lowcarb 90/10 paleo juddd
Stats: 165/122/115 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

Suze, that sounds about the same as my carbs and cals both. I am losing a pound a week so far. I don't feel in a rush about this.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 14:03
Patience Personified

I average 20-25 net carbs on DOWN days; I'm averaging 30-80 net carbs on UP days. I'm losing every few days, too. I might lose faster if I pulled the DOWN day carbs lower, but I wanted to see how it went not being quite that strict with them and I'm really not into FAST. But I guess you folks have figured that out by now, if I'm the type that can ride out a 2-year stall.

It's nice to see you, Susie and SuzeQ here on Active Low Carbers. I'm always up for another JUDDD discussion.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 15:08
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I might need to have a medium day in addition to a down day. Having an up day every other day is too much for me I think.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 17:33

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

This relates to all those who are eating high carb in whatever form on UD;

Think about all the peop who cannot stick to LC and are on and off and never really successful over the years.

Then there are those who never considered embracing LC as a lifestyle to begin with....the just wanted to lose weight and imagined that they could keep it off w some self control but it didn't happen.

Even on the LC forums, the number of successes are not great.

JUDDD seems to allow enough leeway for LC'ers and those who never really wholeheartedly embraced it.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 17:45
Patience Personified

Well, I whole-heartedly embraced it and really never cheated. That's why my forever stall was so astounding to me. It just stopped working for me with 30# left to lose. Had to do SOMETHING to get that 30 off. This seems to be doing it for me. I'll likely go back to strict low-carb when I get that 30# off, but maybe I'll be totally hooked on JUDDD LOW CARB by then. Who knows.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 18:25

BF:

Still in my first week, but so far it is smooth sailing. My DD's may be a bit high, and my UD's may be a bit low, but I'm keeping it to always under 35-40 carbs. That part now comes very naturally to me. I have yet to feel any real hunger.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 19:55
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Heya folks,

This topic seems to have morphed into a daily check-in thread that would be better served in the Buddies' support forum. If you like, I can move it over to that section for you ... or you can start up a new daily check-in yourself (here).

If you decide to start a new daily Buddies thread, don't forget to post the link here so everyone can find you. If you prefer to keep this thread, I'll make sure to leave a clickable redirect link here in General LC so folks can find you that way.

Doreen
Closed Thread