Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-08, 10:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/166/145 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Good Diabetes Dr. in New York??

I'm looking for a good diabetes doctor in New York that is supportive of a low carb diet. I've looked into seeing Dr. Bernstein, but it may be cost prohibitive for me. I have health insurance, but I'm willing to pay out of pocket for a doctor who will be more supportive than my traditional "in network" doctors.

I'm in Westchester, but can see a doctor anwhere within an hour of New York City.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-08, 11:41

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

have you ever heard of RateMD.com? If you can't find someone who knows of a good doc in your area, maybe you can use that website to narrow down your choices.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-08, 17:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/166/145 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 30%

Thanks, I checked that site and it was quite good... but none of the reviews mentioned treatment approaches or diet.

If anyone knows a supportive NY doctor, but doesn't want to post a name to the list (I can understand that, in today's medical/legal climate), please feel free to email me off the list at monica(AT)mytruelife.com.

Thank-you!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-08, 05:35

Plan: Dr. Bernstein (modified )
Stats: 298/205/199 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlygirl
Thanks, I checked that site and it was quite good... but none of the reviews mentioned treatment approaches or diet.

If anyone knows a supportive NY doctor, but doesn't want to post a name to the list (I can understand that, in today's medical/legal climate), please feel free to email me off the list at monica(AT)mytruelife.com.

Thank-you!

Monica,

I know I have responded elsewhere.

I think finding a Doctor "good doctor" may be trial and error.

I have a "good doctor" who goes along with what I do. I live in Smithtown, NY out on Long Island.

I guess you are hoping to find someone on these boards that lives near you, near enough that you might be able to go to their "good doctor".