Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Salads Veggies & Side Dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-09-07, 15:42

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 190/170/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Parmesan-Crusted Chicken -- 4 Servings

This is a wonderful little salad.

If I have this on the road, I keep everything in separate Ziploc Containers and mix it together when I am ready to eat.

1 tbl Dijon mustard
1 tbl extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/2 tsp chopped thyme
Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cp freshly grated Parmesan cheese (1.5 oz)
4 cps packed arugula leaves
1 cp cherry tomatoes, halved

Preheat the oven to 475°.

In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of the mustard with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and the thyme. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then brush them all over with the mustard mixture. Pat 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan all over each breast. Transfer the chicken breasts to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake the chicken on the top shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until just cooked through and nicely browned.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 teaspoon each of mustard and olive oil; stir in 1/2 teaspoon of water. Add the arugula and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Spoon the salad onto plates, top with the chicken and serve.

NOTES One serving 288 calories, 9.4 gm total fat, 3.1 gm saturated fat, 4 gm carb.
Sponsored Links