Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 04:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%
Talking

Hi All,

Well I had a wonderful April Fools day. I went to Newmarket to spend some time with a sister. We had lunch together and then I walked around the mall while she had a bit of work to do.

She works at a Womens Clothing store so naturally I started looking around.

Now, I must tell you all, I haven't bought new clothes in at least five yrs. Everytime I went in to a fitting room with something I would always come back out disappointed and leave empty handed.

Not this day. I noticed some stretch jeans (I have not worn jeans in five yrs!). My sister started me on a size 12 and I am normally a 14 - 16. 12 were too BIG!!! I ended up with a size 8!!! Now I know they are stretch jeans but still a size 8??? Totally freaked me out.

I didn't stop there either. I went into another store which I don't normally shop at (Clothing stores were pretty tabue to me) and ended up coming out with another pair of pants at a size 9!!! (They too are a stretch pant).

I am so very very happy. Never did I give it a thought I would be coming home with some new clothes and thank god I did, as I have no inbetween clothes while losing this weight and started noticing the crotch of my pants that I wear now hanging and driving me crazy.

Have to let you all know, I'm a rooster collector too and of course came home with a few of them too!

What a day though, I noticed my neck all blotchy due to the excitement LOL.

Also I have forgotton to mention lately that if anyone remembers I had a bad habit of eating snacks through the night when I wake up. Well, good news...I don't snack anymore. When I get up through the night, (this of course is still happening), I get a drink of water and go back to sleep no problem. Now that is something, as I have been midnight snacking for years!!!

Wendy

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 05:50
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 220/199/140
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up WENDY!!! YOU ARE AWSOME

How wonderful is that news about you!!!! WAY TO GO!!! What a motivation for me. I look forward to being able to do what you did hopefully in a few more months. Of course not a size 8!!!! But maybe a size 12-14!!!! I am a 16 now, feeling good, doing great. Yet I look so forward to going down a size!!! That is just a feel good story all around, and just what I enjoy!!!
Thanks so much for posting your "small" clothes story!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 09:12

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default All right!

Way to go, Wendy!!!

I LOVE stretch pants. You can actually get pretty sharp-looking ones, too, unlike a few years ago. (OK, maybe a LOT of years ago - showing my age here!) I have some 'regular' jeans and pants, which I never wear. They fit OK, but now that I've gotten used to stretch pants, everything else feels too tight.

Now if only I could get those scales budging downward again.....sigh!

Rachel
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 09:22

Stats: 169/147/107
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

WTG, Wendy! What fun for you to 'see' the results of all your efforts already! Good for you. (I know how you feel about clothes shopping, haven't bought anything for myself for years.)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 11:27
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Cool atta girl Wendy !

What a wonderful boost. You keep right on keepin' on.

Now you've got me all fired up and re-motivated to get back at some serious exercise.

Doreen (whose chubby gams cannot do stretch pants .. )
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 11:59
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

That's GREAT Wendy

Dontcha just love low-carb!

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 13:01
lizzy38

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Wink So Proud of My gal

Well Wendy not that we don't talk every day on the MSN, but I just had to let you know in front of everyone how proud I am of you. In case everyone has forgotten because I haven't wrote on this to all of you yet I'm Liz numberonewendy's Mom and proud of it.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 13:03

BF:
Default Yeppers A Pretty Happy Woman Here!

Thanks everyone, just had to let you all know...the excitment was too much to hold in....hehehe...

You got it Karen, I love low carbing and will always be eating this way.....

Best thing I ever did for myself...and this one is truly for myself and no one else!

Hey Rachel I didn't even know they were stretch pants! I had to be told that they were, they fit just like regular pants except much more comfortable!

Nice to hear from you Doreen, hey girl sounds like your feeling a bit better? You can do it, heck if I can do it, I know you can do it.

Right on Sue, hated clothes shopping after kids (18 yrs and 20 now) so turned to grocery shopping you could say! It was too exciting yesterday...at first I was like, who am I trying to fool, but then when I saw the pants fitting and wow, what a fit! I'm that much more motivated like you wouldn't believe....Wendy is going to have a life again....Yippieeeeee!!!!!!

Hey Honest...I love your attitude already! Just keep that going hon and you will do it, and probably faster then a few months! ps. I too have been on a weekend retreat (Religous) and wow, it was truly an awakining to ones inner self....happy to hear you had a wonderful restful time

Take care eveyone ...Happy Day to you All

Wendy

Last edited by numberonewendy : Mon, Apr-02-01 at 13:13.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 13:04

BF:
Wink

Awww Mom,

Your way too cute....thanks Sweetie...loves ya

Wendy
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-01, 08:35

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

Oh my gosh Wendy, how wonderful for you!!!!! I can't believe a woman not shopping for clothes for so many years! Bet you will go a whole lot more often now eh?