Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 17:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%
Smile New here, but not to lowcarb

Hi guys,

I've been lowcarbing on and off (mostly off) for the past few months. Sadly, I have put everything back on.

Well, I stumbled upon this site, and you all seem like nice people, and have really motivated me. I started back on the Atkins diet today. I tried low fat this past week, and all I wanted to do was eat! It was like I couldn't wait for my next meal or snack. And the funny thing is the food you're allowed on lowfat isn't the tastiest and yet you still want more, and on lowcarb the food is sooooo yummy, and yet it's no problem waiting! So, I guess I've learned my lesson. I'm back and I plan on staying this time.

Wish me luck,

Cimart
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 19:29
Registered Member

Stats: 222/217/160
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default well

Well then GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the p[lace to look for encouragement from....
You can do this and if it gets hard just pop in on here and let us know ....we will give you a boost....
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 02:19
Registered Member

Plan: slow carb (4 hour body)
Stats: 460/436/220 Male 76 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile good for you

Hello, and welcome to the forum! I've found this place to be extremely helpful, not only with information, but also with support from others in this forum. I think that part's the most valuable.

Your story about trying low fat reminds me of something i tried after a couple of weeks of protein power. It was Christmas meal, and i decided i'd go off my diet for it. I found that i didn't miss the home made mashed potatoes, or anything else that i was restricted from. I was glad to know that my cravings wouldn't be worth indulging in. It seems that you might have found something similar on your low fat "vacation". I hope the rest of this woe for you goes well!

bill
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 03:17
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hi Cimart

Welcome back to the fold, and welcome to the forum.

You will find a lot of support and motivation here, no doubt about it.

Will you start a journal? A lot of us find it very helpful.

Take care
Kim
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 11:41

Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default journals

Hi K-Louise, Thank you and all for your support. I did start a journal. I don't post there as often as I should, but I will try. I have just finished week 1 on atkins induction I feel great! and very motivated thanks to all. I am really now!

cindy
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 13:19

Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

Hi Cimart!!

I, too, am new here and can't believe how wonderful everyone is with the help and encouragement. I am on day 7 of my Induction and am feeling great!

I haven't had any cravings at all as of yet, but if I get a craving for anything high-carb, I am just going to tell myself that I am ALLERGIC to the stuff!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 13:39
Registered Member

Stats: 222/217/160
BF:
Progress: 8%
Wink keep it up!!!

All i know is that this way of life does work.... you and i are about the same acourding to the weight. I also did this diet along time ago and gain it all back... Yes I am allergic to "normal" foods. This site is helpful and encouraging... Keep coming back .......