Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-01, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/180/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Temptation Here At Work!

I was just given some Homemade Cookies as a Xmas gift from one of my new coworkers here. She is sooo sweet. They are cookies beautifully decorated and fudge. All made from scratch . I am offering them to others here. But I am finding a serious pull in that drection.

Can someone give me some hope and words of wisdom? I am in desparate need of them!!!

I am on a restart program of Day 4 on Atkins. I am doing good. I have lost 3 lbs. so far. But the temptation is soooooo strong.

I am heading out to lunch right now with a friend, but I know the cookies will be there when I return...........
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-01, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default give them to someone else...

... a thin person you like, maybe, in the Christmas spirit.

As long as you keep them, you will be thinking about blowing induction.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-01, 13:12

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Thumbs up Suggestion

Hi!
Do you have a community kitchen area???

Put the treats in there or on the receptionists desk.... any place but your desk!!!

or

Tape the lid closed - I mean tape it tightly take it home and give it away to a neighbor, mother somebody BEFORE you enter your house.

Good luck!

A Thin Me
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 07:59

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

I agree--- GET RID OF THEM!!!!

A skinny girlfriend stopped to my house yesterday with a box of chocolates someone gave her. ( They were the good kind too!)
She knows I've been on this WOE (NO SUGAR!!) for 37 days (a record!!) but asked if I wanted them anyway, for a treat cuz the box isn't all that big, Blah, Blah...... NO WAY!!! Thanks but NO THANKS!! Maybe now she'll see I'm serious.

She did say I look fantastic and that the weight loss really shows.... and that I'm losing the weight in all the right places (thats cuz I gain it in all the wrong places!) Anyway---- that was sweet enough for me!!!

The holidays are just a short couple of weeks and everyone will be off your back about the goodies!! Stick it out!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Ellie
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 09:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I agree. Get rid of them -- especially if you're a carb craver. A few cookies might set you back days.

I got a box of chocolates yesterday. I took them down to the office in my apartment building, but it was locked -- the office had closed early. So I just left them, open, on the table in the lobby. When I checked four hours later, they were gone. All those chocolates had found good homes, I'm sure

Non low-carbers don't really understand the program. They think of it as a "diet" and everybody "cheats" on a diet. If you're on a calorie controlled diet, adding a cookie or two won't hurt that much. But on low carb, it can.

Hope you weathered this storm
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 09:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 223/140/140
BF:
Progress: 100%

Throw them away in the grossest garbage can you can find! They are garbage to your body, it's where they belong.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 16:31
Have A LC Margarita!

Plan: PMSF
Stats: 175/175/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

I find that those work treats that are lying around everywhere are the absolute worst!

I don't have any temptations in my house so it's hard when I come to work and everybody is telling me "There's some homemade cookies/cake/dip/chips/etc for everyone, it's delicious, help yourself!"

Peer pressure is tough!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 16:46

Stats: 188/180/160 Female 5' 4''
BF:Next Mini Goal:175
Progress: 29%

EAT SOMETHING HIGH IN PROTEIN. IT WILL HELP KILL THE CRAVING.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 16:56

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 275/235/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

i agree with the crowd..either throw them away --discreetly or put out in the "common area" for everyone else to eat. don't give in just because they are there. there will be more challenges so use this as a test and make yourself proud!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 17:02

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by A thin me!
Put the treats in there or on the receptionists desk....
Yes, make the receptionist fat!

Seriously, get rid of them (placing in the garbage and throwing kitty litter over them always works-- you aren;t tempted to take them back out!). Or give them away to someone who sits FAR from you. Do what ever you have to but do it. One little bite WILL be a bad thing (don't let the little devils on your shoulder tell you otherwise!).
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 17:52
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

But throwing them out? Seems kinda sad for the one who spent time making them, might as well give them to someone who doesnt have to worry about their weight or something...?
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 09:12

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Flush them

Every time you go to the bathroom, take one and drop it in the toilet. They'll be gone before long. And you won't have to process them yourself...

And no, it's not sad to worry about all the work that went into them, compared to all the damage they'll do if we eat them. Sorry. I'm not here to protect your feelings at the expense of my health. True, it's rude to toss them where the giver will almost certainly see them, but if you can get them gone however, what's the difference? You said Thank You, I'm sure.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 09:51

Stats: 195/136.5/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:33.5%/23.4%/21.5%
Progress: 84%

I like the bathroom idea. That way they wont ever know they went down without going in first! :-)
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 10:29
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

What if you clogged the toilet, LOL that would be embarrassing!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 10:29
The Spandex Killer

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 206.2/206.2/145 Female 5'9.5
BF:

Are there any lean men where you work? I am surrounded by skinny engineering geeks -- I'd be a hero if I handed them hommade fudge cookies!

Tell the person who gave them to you that you ate one, and that is was so deliciously rich that you couldn't image eating more and wanted to share them -- because they are SO good -- with everyone.