Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 12:30

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 244/198/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Fried chicken

I posted yesterday about frying oil and wanted to say...MY CHICKEN WAS FABULOUS! In fact, my husband ate 4 of my drumettes and almost made me cry..as he had a big bag of chicken to fry for him and the boys that I would not be eating. Even he was impressed with my 'diet food.'

I made one package of drummettes (a dozen in a pack).
Rinse and pat dry the chicken.

I pulverized half a bag of pork rinds and put it in a zip-lock bag large enough to leave room after the chicken was in it.
Then I added 1/3 cup of Krusteaz Carb Simple pancake mix.
Add seasonings to taste.

Add chicken and shake it up. The key is to leave it over night, shaking every once in a while.

The only carbs were from the pancake mix, which is 9 net carbs for 1/3 of a cup of mix. Divided by 14 (because there is mix left in the bag for at least two more drummettes when you are done) and each piece was about 0.6 carbs!

They were SO good. Crispy and crunchy and the pork rind really added to the flavor like I hadn't expected. Really, really delicious. My hubby asked me to make ALL the chicken that way next time.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 08:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

sounds really good. sue
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-05, 11:05

BF:
Progress:

was this baked or did you fry this recipe? sue
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-05, 19:36

BF:
Progress:

okay i tried this recipe. it was good. i baked mine at 350 degrees untill cooked. i did make it alittle diffrent than the recipe. mine goes like this. mine has a few more carbs though.
2/3 cup of the carb pancake mix
i crushed have a large bag of prok rinds-i use a plastic bag and a meat mallet to crush them
i took 2 tablespoons of a lower caRB CHICKEN SOUP BASE MIX
I TOOK 2 TABLESPOONS OF ITIALIAN SEASONING-
I MIXED(SHAKED ALL SEASONINGS TOGETHER
I TOOK 2 EGGS AND BEAT IN A BOWL AND TOOK DRUMSTICKS AND COATED THEM AND PUT ALL CHICKEN IN THE BAG WITH SEASONINGS AND SHAKED AND BAKED IT.
I CUT UP HALF A STICK OF BUTTER AND PUT IN BOTTOM OF PAN FOR A GREAZY TASTE. I DO NOT KNOW HOW MU EXTRA CARBS IT ADDED. I LIKE IT THOUGH. SUE

Last edited by missymagoo : Mon, Jul-04-05 at 19:39. Reason: LEFT OUT ALL RECIPE
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-05, 21:10

BF:
Progress:

i just read the first posting and saw you fried your chicken. well i am going to try it that way. sue