Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 14:01

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 310/212/200 Female 5'7"
BF:50.1%/33%/28.6%
Progress: 89%
Default Hello Texas Here1

Hi, Texas Here First Timer Looking Forward To Meeting All Of You!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-29-05, 05:27
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi and welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy your time here and that you do well on your weight loss journey
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 16:22

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi I live in Texas too. I live in Marion, TX. It's a small farm town between San Antonio & Austin. I'm looking forward to seeing other's from Texas.

Josie
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 19:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/176/143 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 64%

Marion has THE best meat market right on the main drag. That place smells awesome. It is a 'must' for anyone looking for something better than the local grocery when it comes to meat.

Lj
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 07:22

BF:

Hi Lj in TX,
What part of SA do you live in? Penshorn meat market is great.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 09:24
Registered Member

BF:

Hey there.

I'm off Toepperwein Rd, between I-35 & Nacogdoches Rd. You can see 1604/Rolling Oaks Mall from my backyard.

What do you think about the new Gold's Gym they are building next to the movie theater on Pat Booker Rd?

Lj
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 09:38

BF:

My brother lives there close to NE Methodist hospital. On a street called Mill Rock Pass. You all are practically neighbors.
I love Rolling Oaks Mall. I remember when they first built it. I didn't think it would last long out there.
My brother works out at the Gold's off Nacodoches. I was thinking about joining when it opens but I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it. There's an Anytime fitness in Shertz or Cibilo which is a little closer to me but I wasn't impressed it's too small & you have to workout in front of every one so I get embarrased. Do you work out at a gym? Tell me more about your self. I'm glad there someone here in my neck of the woods.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 10:13
Registered Member

BF:

I was going to take this private but when I got to the next screen the system told me I didn't have permission.... Oh well.

So which of the cuties is your brother? <giggle> I use the same gym until the new one opens. Then it will be closer to me and less travel & stop lights. I leave work at 3 and depending on if I change there or at the house I'm on the workout floor by 4. Come 5 it is crunch time and crowded as the dickens. If you like it empty, get there about 2. I was off early one day and boy, there were maybe only a dozen people in the place.

As far as working out, I am primarily sticking to the treadmill right now. I've done the elliptical thing a few times but the rhythm just doesn't feel right. I got my initial #60 loss without any exercise. I wanted to see how far I could go before I had to start working at it. I started the gym the end of April, got interrupted with a business trip that knocked me off schedule and I’m just now getting back into my routine.

Lj
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 12:15

BF:

LJ
I go in to work late today too unless I don't have any apointments then I get to leave early.
I think you have to have a certain number of post in order to send a PM.
My bro is a cop he's short & stocky. He also does the Atkins but he's more into body building.
How old are you & what kind of work do you do?
I'm going to 36 & I'm an esthetician.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 12:18

BF:

I have to leave for work & run a few errands on the way.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 12:35
Registered Member

BF:

Josie,

<giggle> I just went back and re-read what you posted. I thought your bro worked at the gym. Depending on his schedule I may have seen him. Is he SAPD? My cousin is SAPD and lives over in Live Oak. Actually he is my cousin-in-law if there is such a thing. He has been with SAPD like forever, has to be over 20 by now as he was in before I went in the AF and I retired 4 yrs ago.

I am 42 and work a computer help desk. Retired from the AF May '01 and started this job June '01. My hours are 6:00 to 3:00, thus I can hit the gym before the evening crowd hits. Since I am in here at 6:00, means I am up at 4:15 - rules out any type of workout before leaving at 5:30.

Ya know, if you want to give Gold's a try, they have been running tons of guest passes in the mail and paper. Get your bro to get you a 10 day freebie. If you like it, you might be able to join under his plan at a reduced rate. Runs like $26 a month (if that plan is still available). We paid First/Last month in advance ($52) and there is only a 1 yr commitment. If you’re interested it can’t hurt to ask.

In case you can’t tell – work is just a tad slow today. I live for days like this.

So what’s for dinner? I’ll be cookin’ for just me so I haven’t decided yet. Did Tilapia with Dijon mustard and mayo topped w/ chopped pecans. Made double so I had 2 small fillets for lunch.  Have a urge for shrimp….

Lj

Last edited by Lj in Tx : Tue, Jun-28-05 at 13:55.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 16:21

BF:

Lj,
It's slow where I work today too. I went in to check up on some things & went to Walmart. We're closed on Mondays & Tuesdays are pretty slow too we normally get busier latter in the week. Saturdays are pretty crazy.
I was in your area earlier today. What's up w/ Ih 35 as soon as I got on I exited it was moving way to slow.
My brother works for city of Austin. He started out with Bexar county.
I'm not much of a cook but I got this idea from Ihop, I'm going to fry some cube steaks & put chedar cheese & bacon on it & a salad for dinner.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 17:28
Registered Member

BF:

If you were on I-35 before 3:30 until about 4:30 there was a roll over on the south bound side just after the Thousand Oaks exit. I was coming north 410 to 35 and bailed out at the park-n-ride exit, hit the access road and popped back on I-35 at the next exit. There were emergency crews parked on both sides of the divider. I never saw the accident as I was dodging everyone else as I headed for the exit. Not always easy to dodge in and out with the large Dodge 1500 Hemi....
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 06:42

BF:

I was on I 35 around 2:30 going south towards NE methodist. Boy that was close but I got on at FM 3009 & got off on the next exit. I never got back on I was beating all the cars on the high way. until I got over by the Forum. Then it slowed down.
It sems there's been alot of roll overs lately.
Have you ever heard of the health food store at the Forum it's called Good Stuff? i love that place I go there every Monday because they have 20% discounts on everything.
Well I have to go in early today have a great day.
On this board there's a title called Atkins Chicks under Buddies & Challenges you should go over there sometime. It's all girls talking about well, atkins diet & everyones so friendly & motivating.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 07:43
Registered Member

BF:

I've popped into Good Stuff a couple times but not recently. They just didn't have much of a low carb selection before, have they improved?

I saw the Atkins Chicks just a bit ago - I lost the web browser for some reason. I'll go start back on reading it.