Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 04:30

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Default Protein Power Pals: Wednesday, March 10

Good morning all.
My morning to start the thread 'cause
I haven't gone to bed yet..LOL

are you all ready to have breakfast? see you later.......
***STILL PRAYING FOR MEG***
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 04:32

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

hey I got two chicken legs....I no longer have to go hungery.....lol
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 06:27

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good morning-still lurking here. DH and I are both stalled but that is ok as we are sticking with this as a WOL. Eating great. Made lc muffins yesterday-we loved one with breakfast-neighbor who is doing this with us said they weren't sweet enough. We think that she is still craving "sweet" because she keeps cheating, where DH and I are losing the "sweet tooth" and craving more natural flavors.

Not doing so great on the exercise front-fighting spring fever depression. I need SUNSHINE!

Have been to the dentist three times this week with three different children.
Why they cant schedule more than one of them at a time, I dont know.

I love reading all your posts-I dont post very often, but I read every day
Have a good one~~!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 07:49

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Good morning, Pals!

Just stopping into say a quick "hello." I am off to call my OA sponsor and eat my breakfast of leftovers.

The sun is bright here in Columbus, but it's still COLD! I hope y'all are having a warmer morning than we.

Paris
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 08:46

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning.

my day was pretty good yesterday:
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2094
Fat: 140 1256 63%
Sat: 48 434 22%
Poly: 16 147 7%
Mono: 39 355 18%
Carbs: 46 148 7%
Fiber: 9 0 0%
Protein: 150 601 30%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

b-coffee with half and half and sf syrup, plain yogure with 1/2 tangerine cut up and sf granola, 2 hardboiled egg whites (don't like the yolks)

lunch- leftover chicken and sausage meat, salad with oil and vinigar, and strawberries and grapes

snack--carbwise lemon bar

dinner- 2cheeseburger patties with mayo,mustard,catsup,pickles and onions, side salad with ranch

i have a doc appt this morning and will get my cholesterol and other bloodwork done. hopefully there is enough of a change to keep him off about meds. i got it checked last year and it was high (after 6mo on atkins).

but it is 7am now and i am at work and DRAGGING without my coffee!!! i am okay foodwise as i usually don't eat breadfast till 830 or so, but man, i miss that cup-o-joe on the way in!!!

have a great day!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 10:10

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

My menu was great yesterday. Got the fiber up and keep calories where I need them to be.

Started watching my calorie per pound intake several weeks ago to try to drop 5 lbs or so by about March 15 - began at 177lbs. Weight today is at 173. Calories per pound 1607 / 173 = 9.29 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5).

Total calories: 1607
Fat: 87 gms 784 cal 51%
Sat: 24 gms 217 cal 14%
Poly: 28 gms 255 cal 17%
Mono: 27 gms 244 cal 16%
Carbs: 57 gms 147 cal 10% ECC: 36 gms
Fiber: 21 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 151 gms 604 cal 39%

Breakfast:
4 egg-beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
4 oz chicken breast with 1 cup LC mixed veggies and 1/2 cup alfredo sauce
5 oz brussels spouts

Dinner:
6 ozs chicken breast - lemon pepper - baked
1 cup LC mixed veggies - stir-fried
1 cup sugar snap peas - steamed
1.5 cup spinach salad

About 100 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 11:30

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hello all. Sounds like you folks had good eating days yesterday.

I am eating more carbs, almost 70-80 ecc and I actually felt better physically. For instance, I had a grilled cheese sandwich with low carb bread the same day I had a lc bagel at breakfast and some lf yogurt sweetened with DaVinci syrup at lunch. I wasn't as achy and tired as I was the day before liminting my carbs to 40. I slept better too.The grain is not bothering me. Maybe I need to eat higher carbs???
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 12:34

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

ewinpa-i used to eat that ammount of carbs and was still loosing and feeling great. then after 50lbs loss, whammo, hit a road block. i have been experimenting with my carb levels and how i feel. i am trying for between 30 and 50 somewhere. usually i fall in the 40's. so far i feel great, but the lbs are still being stubborn.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 18:16

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Elaine, I think you may have answered your own question.

Unity, congrats on the two drumsticks! I'm working my way toward my second steak!

Hi, Paris! How are things going? Didn't I read on another thread that you and hubby are doing well now that you've officially started?

BTW, who still has snow? We have about 6 inches on the ground.

Renee, you seem to be on to something with lowering the calories. Now do me a favor and change that flippin' signature, why don't you! I claim each and every pound lost AS SOON as it's lost. On the other hand, I don't always claim every pound regained, but that's another story!

Oh, and thanks loads. I'm still trying to get the visual out of my head regarding an iguana waking me up in the middle of the night wanting to be fed!

Sturgeon ... er, I mean Acipenser, when is your speech? Did it happen already? You'll be fine. Just be as prepared as you can be, and look at people's foreheads, not their eyes. They won't know the difference, and you'll feel a lot more calm doing it that way.

Work was busy again for me today, and my menus haven't been all that good lately. I need to start planning ahead better -- you know, being proactive instead of reactive. I actually took some time during lunch today to print out all my FitDay records from when I was maintaining at 155. I had looked at them before, but hadn't actually printed them.

Almost all the days, with the exception of only a few, came in no more than 1300 calories, with around 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbs. I've decided to replicate those menus for a while. Whatever I had then, I'll have now.

But wait!

What is that I see?

For a lot of the days, I had . . . no, it can't be . . . but it is . . . warmed up snotty flaxseeds and cream for breakfast!

EWWWWWWWWWW!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 20:49
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

shakes head..snot for breakfast.. I will pass..hahaa..

Hiya everyone.. Just a quick niters before I sign offline.. Hope you all had a great day... I was hoping to come home and get some things done here on the pc printing wise, I have a senior lifestyle showcase on Friday that I am offering chair massage and I need to prepare for that. But, my eyes are crossing.. perhaps it would be better to wait til morning!

I did well eating today, even after being treated to lunch at a japanese restaurant.. my sugars actually were pretty low afterwards.. maybe that miso soup did it? Hmm.. it was tasty..

Sleep well folks!