Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 05:51

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Default Protein Power Pals: Wednesday, Feb. 25

Hi all, just got home from work and I would start the thread...
good night ... I might not get back till same time tonight if I can stay awake through work...you all have a good day and keep in mind just 2 more days till friday..night all
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 06:14

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

My menu yesterday was high in fat and calories - and too low on carbs. I'm not as sore as I was from the fall and the tummy muscle seems to be healing.

This has been a week for mishaps... this morning as I was putting away clean dishes at 4 AM, a Pyrex bowl (3 qt round casserole) exploded. I had heard that Pyrex could do this but always that it was an urban legend - it isn't !!! Luckily, I was getting ready to put the bowls that nest atop this one back and they shielded most of me from the flying glass - it was all over the inside of my cabinet, into the open dishwasher below and about four feet down a countertop and out into my kitchen. This exploded with enough force to embed glass fragments in the walls and floor of the cabinet! My only injury was to the exposed fingers and they aren't cut that bad.

Still watching my calorie per pound intake to try to drop another 5 lbs or so by about March 15. Weight today is at 174 - so I've lost 3 of those 5 pounds. Calories per pound 1793 / 174 = 10.3 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5).

Total calories: 1793
Fat: 103 gms 925 cal 55%
Sat: 24 gms 216 cal 17%
Poly: 31 gms 279 cal 17%
Mono: 38 gms 343 cal 20%
Carbs: 46 gms 70 cal 4% ECC: 17 gms
Fiber: 29 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 169 gms 678 cal 41%

Breakfast:
4 egg-beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
3 medium pork chops - broiled - lean & fat eaten
1/4 cup flexseeds with sweetener and vanilla extract

Dinner:
3 chicken drumsticks - stewed - skin eaten
2 cups LC mixed veggies stir fried in very little olive oil
1/4 cup flexseeds with sweetener and vanilla extract

About 100 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 06:16

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Good night, Unity!

Good morning, everyone else! I might not get another chance to post today, so I wanted to jump in early. My menu yesterday was good, even though we did Chinese for dinner. My kitchen was being painted (yeah!), and by the time everything was cleaned up it was too late to cook. So we ordered in. I had an order of teriyaki beef strips. Filled me up without being stuffed. So my calories for the day ended up around 1300, fat was around 63%, carbs were 5%, and protein was around 32%. (I don't have the actual numbers with me.) Still at a solid 164. I'm really feeling like I'm on the right track now, and I'll bet I drop to 163 by Sunday.

Have a great day! Make good choices!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 07:10

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good morning!

Orang, Wow, and it isne't even Friday the 13th!
Take care of your self! Say, could you pm me your email to send my pics?

Today is our anniversary! Time has flown by so fast! and he STILL makes me have butterflys!
Well I need to go take my ds to school, I will write back later!

Have a good night Unity!

Have a good day at the office Bawdy! I think that tomorow I will start a 3 day protein only day, Have any suggestions??

Type to you all later!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 07:22

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Good night Unity and good morning everyone else.

Orang, it is time for disaster to stop circling the globe and finding your street.(Listen up Universe!!!!)Thank heavens you are all right.!!!!! You have conquered too much adversity in your life to be done in by Pyrex.

Bawdy-Chinese. Yum.
PS, do you think the admins would give some thought to adding more smilies for us to chose from?

Lissette,
Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! Nice to know he's still the one!

Up 1/2 lb this AM but it's water, I feel bloaty and my fingers are swollen. Did a 2 mile WATP for Abs last night. No exercise this AM, giving muscles a rest. May do something this aft.Interesting-counting WW points is keeping my fat around 44-49%. I was higher doing straight PP.Maybe this is a good range for me?

Elaine
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 08:51

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good wednesday morning everyone!!

orang--pyrex will explode????!!!! yikes!! were the dished still hot and putting them in a cold cabinet?? wonder what makes that happen?? by the way, what the heck were you doing up at 4AM, i am only up at that time if i absolutely have to be, never by choice!!!!! glad to hear you are recovering nicely from your fall.

unity--have a good "night". when i work nights i have such a hard time sleeping during the day.

elaine--so what is the lc/ww doing for your carb and fat percentages?? interesting concept. i know you are getting the info from the "darkside" and all, but maybe you could sent me the link since i am new and have never been there so don't know exactly where to look..

lissette-- happy anniversary it is great to have found your special somebody. i am thinking i have found mine, but it has only been 3 (or maybe 4, wow i guess it has been so long i can't keep track of how long anymore.....hehe don't know if that is good or bad!!! i think good ) years.

rob--how is that cottage cheese and pepperoni this morning, is that your daily breakfast, or do you just tell us about when you have it??

okay--yesterday i told you all where my name came from (acipenser). now it is your turn!!!

have a good one!!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 09:16

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by acipenser
okay--yesterday i told you all where my name came from (acipenser). now it is your turn!!!

What do you think?

#8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 09:39

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning Still feeling sore today, I think it will take a few weeks for my body to adjust. As most of you know I don't believe in scales so I keep track of my losses or gains by my clothes and......the mirror. I am forced to see myself naked before I get in the shower and the mirror doesn't lie Anyway, I can really feel the difference and can also see it the mirror. My clothes are feeling more like they did when I bought them. The jeans I am wearing today were on the loose side when I bought them, even thought I should have gone down a size. Well they were getting quite tight there for awhile and today they are quite loose and feel like they could fall off of my butt wasn't so big I am going to continue with induction and maybe try to lose a bit more.

Yesterday's Menu:

B - omlette (2 eggs, 2.5 oz ham, 1oz cheddar cheese, 2 tsp butter) ate half and gave the rest to DH, 3 cups coffee (my coffee is 50% reduced caffiene). H&H, liquid splenda

S - 1/2 of 3 minute choclate cake

L - Applebees steakhouse salad (1/2 order 6 oz beef), 2 tomato slices, blue cheese and dressing, 1 cyrstal light lemonade in the bottle

S - 44 oz diet pepsi 1 HB egg, 1 sf jello

S - (before gym) 1/3 carbwise bar

Gym - 25 minutes elliptical training (good energy), weights - arms, chest, back, abs 26 oz water

D - 1 & 1/2 Schwans stuffed seasoned chicken breast with broccoli & cheese (2.5 carbs each), 1.5 cups mixed salad greens w/2 TBS light ranch dressing

Dessert 1 strawberry SF jello w/whipped cream
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 11:37

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
my mommy gave it to me...yes really (dnk is my boys in.)
Quote:
when i work nights i have such a hard time sleeping during the day
I could if the kids would let me
Quote:
This has been a week for mishaps... this morning as I was putting away clean dishes at 4 AM, a Pyrex bowl (3 qt round casserole) exploded. I had heard that Pyrex could do this but always that it was an urban legend - it isn't !!! Luckily, I was getting ready to put the bowls that nest atop this one back and they shielded most of me from the flying glass - it was all over the inside of my cabinet, into the open dishwasher below and about four feet down a countertop and out into my kitchen. This exploded with enough force to embed glass fragments in the walls and floor of the cabinet! My only injury was to the exposed fingers and they aren't cut that bad.
yikes .....
well back to work...back in14 hr
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 11:57

BF:

My nickname is from a brainfart during which I decided I had too many names and passwords to remember and just wanted it simple-my intials+"in" + my state.

Ac (if I may call you that?) here's a link to the darkside conversation:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/s...threadid=203932
I'll put some carb, etc stats on the board here when I remember to this weekend.

Go Ellie
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Wednesday

Hi, all!
Renee: I am beginning to think you might be accident prone !

Lissette: Happy aniversary! Going somewhere special for dinner?

Elaine: I tried the lc/ww yesterday....a bit confusing ! I was shooting for 24-27 points and ended up eating 52! YIKES!! See what happens when you're not used to counting calories? I think I'll try to stick with it for awhile though. I think I would find it easier to just have a set number of calories to shoot for each day and count them instead of having to look up all those POINTS! Is it possible to do that? How would you set your daily calorie allowance?

Bawdy: Neat that you get "almost new" chairs! Are you sure you didn't plan that? !

Meg: Still praying!

Hi to everyone and have a good day!
KAT
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 13:51

BF:

Kat, use Fitday.com and enter your foods for a few days. That will help you see how much of what you are eating. Once you get that down, then you can use a points finder to calc the points of your foods and their portions.

For instance, I know from Fitday that a certain food per serving will be 150 cal , 5 gms fat , 10 carbs, 10 gms protein and 2 grams of fiber. What you can then do is enter the cals, fat and fiber into a points finder (did I send you one by email? If not let me know, I will make you one) and that would come out to 3 points. (3.02 on my Excel file)

I'll try to find a comparable calories = points chart. I'll email it to you if I find one.

Elaine
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 14:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Wednesday

Thanks, Elaine
Yes, you did send me a points list. I guess I'm just trying to find some kind of easy calculator ! I suppose the more I look up in the point list, the more comfortable I will get with it. Fitday drives me crazy !
Thanks again!
KAT
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 17:07

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

I am having another one of those days, it must be TOM trying to sabatoge me. I ate some hot and spice peanuts...not a good choice at about 7 carbs (yes, I ate two servings instead of one). Sad thing is I wasn't really hungry just felt like I had to eat.

Shelly - Happy Anniversary!! It is so awesome that you still feel that way about your DH

Elaine - Could email me the points thing too? Try not worry too much about the scale, it is the inches that matter most Thanks for the encouragement.

Orang - What are we going to do with you Hope you are feeling better

Bawdy - You devil you

Kat - I think if I were to count points I would be close to you

I have Yoga tonight. I am firming up my order online, I think I will get the Pilates magic circle w/video, Pilates for Dummies on DVD, and Yoga for Weightloss on DVD. DH had a good idea as well, he is going to record our yoga class so that way we can also do it at home. I don't think the instructor would mind. It is pretty easy to follow by listening although you lose the Wus factor.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 17:28

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Shelly - Happy anniversary

Michele - Orang is a nickname from childhood - I was a tom-boy who would climb anything and had long auburn hair...

The pyrex dish was not hot - I had done the dishes the night before and opened the washer to let them dry. I really have no idea why that dish exploded. It took four hours to get all the glass up - and wash everything in the cabinet - and remove the embedded glass. It even got glass on the stove on the other side of the kitchen.

Ellie:
Congrats on the inches lost - clothes really are the best measure.

I'll write more tomorrow - it hurts to type.