Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 19:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/222/220 Male 6' 5"
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default US Costco replace Simply Soda with Splenda Pop

Hey there

Just back from Bellingham, and had a great shopping trip. Big find was that Costco has replaced their Simply Soda brand with Kirkland Pop, and the diet is 0g Carbs and sweetened with Slenda, case of 24 was $3.75. Not sure if the simply soda in canada is imported from US, if it is maybe the same switch is coming. Haven't tried it yet, it's chilling in the fridge. They also had Diet Rite Cola in stock, 24 for $4.99.

They actually had lots of Splenda sweeted drinks in stock. 24 Crystal Lite (11.99), 24 Talking Rain Sparkling Ice (11.99), 24Talking Rain flavoured sparkling water (9.99), 12 flavoured Green teas (sorry forgot name I thing 11.99).

Also seen 2 loafs of Atkins 100% whole wheat bread for $3.99 (6G Carbs per slice); Carbolite Chocolate bars 18 box $27.99 (kind of price for those); Atkins Shakes (not sure on price), and Carb Conscience Klondike bars \ Fudge bars 18 for $7.99 (beats the $10cdn for 6 bars that Low carb solutions charges).

All the above prices are US, Costco was giving an exchange rate of $0.77

Also went to Walmart, they have a lot more stuff since I was there only 3 months ago, so be sure to check them out as well.

Last edited by blueowl : Sat, Jan-10-04 at 21:24.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 21:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/169/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Thanks !!

Thanks for the head's up. I am actually heading down there tomorrow. I go about every 10 days, but have never been in the costco, even though I drive by it enroute to Walmart.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 18:51
Registered Member

Stats: 292/222/220 Male 6' 5"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Just wanted to add that the Kirkland pop is good, not as sweet as diet Rite, more like Diet coke. But there is a downside, it does contain caffeine.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 19:16

Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Great shopping info! I had stopped at the Costco in Burlington (just south of Bellingham) on my way home from Portland. I did manage to pickup some of the Talking Rain flavoured water - didn't realize it was the water until I got home - IT WAS REALLY GOOD! I can hardly wait to get down there again.

I need to ask the local Costco why they don't carry it?