Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 00:39
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%
Default Sambalam, where did you get wheat protein isolate from?

Boy you sure get around. I noticed you made a post on another site enquiring about bread recipes using wheat protein isolate. Can you buy this stuff in Australia?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 15:53

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:
Progress: 0%

i sure do!! but don't tell my boyfriend.

here's the details. the woman's name is lynne and she is really lovely and helpful and if you do get in touch with her, tell her i sent you!!

misty~passthetoast.com
or
mysti~bigpond.net.au

price:
AUD$35.00 for 2.5kg bag
AUD$7.90 for postage anywhere in Australia
there are various payment options.

She is also selling a liquid splenda which is cheaper than the granulated andlower incarbs I think. She is putting up a web site at the moment but only the front page works, if you scroll down you will see the splenda..
http://www.passthetoast.com/

don't forget to mention my name when you order.

Last edited by sambalam : Thu, Nov-20-03 at 15:56.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 17:57
Say cheese!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambalam
i sure do!! but don't tell my boyfriend.

Promise I won’t say a word…it’s just between you and me.

Good to see another Australian low carb product supplier on the scene. How did you find out about them? I’m very interested in the wheat protein isolate and liquid Splenda…….did you buy some, if so what’s it like? Sorry for all the questions but liquid Splenda is like the holy grail for low carbers.
I’ll send Lynne an email too and mention your name.

Make sure you post any successes you have baking with the WPI!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 18:43

BF:

i haven't got the liquid splenda but someone did and sid it was really good. i can't afford it at the moment!! i actually found out about it by emailing the US company and she forwarded me to Lynne. I have bought some, but I am just experimenting and getting used to it, I mucked up my bread by not cooking it long enough or mixing in the right order. But it works. Lynne will also send you a bunch of recipes if you purchase it. I am hoping this weekend to make some pasta with it and some more bread, so I will be sure to let you know how it went.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 19:01
Say cheese!

BF:

Thanks for the info. I've emailed Lynne this morning with a couple of questions and will be ordering some WPI, liquid Splenda and Maltitol powder in a week or so. I'm actually going to Melbourne next week so will order when I get back home.
Thought I might check out a GNC store and some Atkins products while I'm there. Do you know which stores have the best selection of Atkins products and which are worth buying (if any)?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 22:09

BF:

apparently a friend really likes the GNC in Swanston St in the city, don't know the address but you could look 'em up in the White pages online. i'd also say they'd be your best bet with products. to be honest, i don't buy anything like Atkins stuff. i can't afford it!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 00:41
Say cheese!

BF:

Thanks again sambalam. I'll be spending some time in the city so will check out Swanston St. Don't know if I'll buy anything either........nothing beats homemade!

BTW have already received a very friendly reply from 'pass the toast' and will be ordering some stuff next week. Can't wait to start experimenting with the WPI!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 20:07

BF:

yes lynne's really friendly and helpful and i hope that she gets lots of business, but i am sure she will.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 03:13
Say cheese!

BF:

I saw another one of your posts mentioning this site www.locarb.com.au/online/. Another low carb supplier that I didn’t know existed!!! Do you find them by just doing searches? Have you tried any of their products yet? The breads and pasta look interesting.

BTW you can get low carb pasta here in Perth. It’s called CARB-Low PASTA and is 8g carbs per serve (45g). The people in the health food shop tell me it’s quite popular. I bought some but haven’t tried it yet. I don’t know if they supply outside of Perth but if you’re interested I can give you their details.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 15:44

BF:

thanks zedgirl, i am waiting to hear back from them as they are shipping it out to the east and are letting me know where they will be stocking it. i tend to do searches, and the POH forum has people who are very well versed in low carb on it. i wouldn't buy the bread myself but just the pasta at this stage. it's the only company that makes it here in Oz and it took about 6-9 months to get it right, so they aren't going to start making anything new for a bit.!