Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 12:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 267/260/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Candida overgrowth

I'd sure like to see a forum dedicated to Candida overgrowth, as described by Dr. Atkins in his books. I wonder if any body else in this entire group has experience with this problem.

I sure suffer from it.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-01, 19:28
Pending Member

Plan: Anti-Candida
Stats: 152/150/130
BF:
Progress: 9%

I was recently diagnosed with Candida too. I just found this forum today and have not had time to read many messages, but I saw yours related to Candida and I wanted to respond.

FYI: Website delphi.com has a forum relating to Candida in the health and wellness section, but it is nowhere nearly as active as this or other forums I have seen.

So not only can people with Candida not eat carbs, all cheese is out and my doc took me off coffee and yeast too. YIKES this is hard. I love coffee and crave chocolate (feeds the candida).

Hang in there . . . at least we have a diagnosis, which most mainstream doctors don't even recognize. I have found that even in the past week and a half I have lost a few pounds which I have never been able to do. I also am hypothyroid and have weak adrenals.

If you want to email me, feel free. I would love to know what other folks in our situation eat for something sweet.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-01, 10:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Laurie and Ellbeegee,

We'll be glad to open a special forum dedicated to support and discussion for Candida. It's quite easy to open up new forums here. Do you know other people who would be interested? Anyone here interested?

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-01, 10:46
Pending Member

Plan: Anti-Candida
Stats: 152/150/130
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Candida

I know at least 3 people who may be interested. I don't know how to start a forum.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-01, 10:47
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

The fibro and chronic fatigue forum is, and has always been - open for candida, other autoimmune, hypoglycemia etc issues .... as they relate to lowcarbing

#6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-01, 22:08
Forum Founder

BF:
Talking But .....

it's a good idea to have a forum dedicated to this issue, as well as other bowel/allergy concerns that are helped with a sugar-free, controlled-carbohydrate diet program.

I will try to find information about Candida illness and lowcarbing ... and will post it here. There's some information in our Lowcarb Plans Book Review ... about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, which eliminates all cane sugar and other processed sugars and all grains ... to relieve irritable bowel and inflammatory bowel disease. Click here to read it.

Doreen
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-01, 14:23
Registered Member

Stats: 267/260/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 8%

ellbeegee... Coffee and Chocolate (and sometimes cheese and pickles/olives) are so hard to eliminate from my already small list of food choices. I crave chocolate... and I crave coffee.

Chocolate use to give me migraines, and I suppose, still will if I eat too much.

I didn't know Chocolate was a no no as far as candida went. I know sugar is, but what about sugarless chocolate (sweetened with splenda)?

Laurie
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 17:54

Plan:
Stats: 286/254/148
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi Doreen

Havent been around for a while. Got my gallbladder out, moved interstate. Had a complicated year all in all and am now thinking about getting back on top of things as gallbladder rather put paid to my high fat intake.

Just had to say, Doreen you look fantastic . Well done on the weight loss, I know it doesnt come off fast for you.

Also, the site has improved 'out of site'. Thanks everyone for such a great place to come.

Nicola
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 18:37
Forum Founder

BF:
Smile

hi Nicola,

Great to hear from you .. I wondered how you were getting on after the surgery. And a move too ... Ugghhh!

Yes the site has certainly expanded ... mind-boggling, but still fun and lots of friendly members make it a warm place where everyone feels welcome.

Thanks for the compliment ... you're right, the lbs don't come off easily for me, but I feel so much healthier now, and I think the new picture shows that.

Hope to hear more from you soon. Have a happy, healthy New Year.

Doreen
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 23:54

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Hi

I just wanted to introduce myself and say how happy I am to see a forum dedicated to Candida sufferers. It is so difficult trying to fight this thing alone, but with a little support I know I'll kick it.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 02:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/255/135 Female 5ft9inches
BF:
Progress:

does atkins brownies and chocolate feed candida?
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 07:11

Plan: My Own
Stats: 240/213/152 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Yep! Chocolate, coffee, tea - any caffine drinks - anything with any form of sugar or sweetener - anything fermented - any dressings made with vinegar - all alcohol - all processed foods - all white flour, rice, pasta etc - all fruit..........

But if you write a list of what you CAN have it's quite a long list!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-07, 14:32

Plan: no wheat
Stats: 124/124/115 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default candida

i wouls love to see a sight for candida sufferers!!! I have just realized i have candida, horrible taste in my mouth, sore throat, stomach aches, and MASSIVE bloating. I will gladly take any and all info from all you have candida. I need as much info as possible. Also how about CAROB as a chocolate sub? I mixed some carob powder into yogurt, and it was yummy!
ingrid
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-07, 00:58
Registered Member

Stats: 221/207/135 Female 5'4
BF:38%
Progress: 16%

I'm glad to find this site too.
I've been dilgently following Atkins for over a month now and I have a YI. After looking around this site it seems there's a correlation between the 2. Never had a YI until my pregnancy last year. But the difference between those infections and now is that I'm suffering with a tummy ache which I thought was a seperate symptom. Now I'm beginning to think otherwise.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 14:44

Plan: induction
Stats: 330/325/230 Male 75
BF:
Progress: 5%

Add me to the long list. After finnishing three weeks of strict Induction, lost 3 pounds. I have almost all the symptons.
So I will now limit the food needed and take coconut oil, coq10, cormium. A lot of fiber, 40 grams per day. Also looking into probiatics.
Starting LCing has got some die off effects.
May be a fight till death. I say "lets rock"