Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 05:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%
Default Protein Power Pals--Sat, Nov. 8

Yet again not much sleep. I didn't go to bed till 1 am and woke up at 6. So here I am again. Although last night's lack of sleep was maybe due to excitement(?). After school yesterday I went rollerblading again with that guy from school. It was really cold (in the 40's) and I was wearing a hat and gloves and everything. It's starting to get really dark here early, and was almost completely impossible to see on the way back, except for the car and streetlights from the highway. It was fun, though. So on the drive back, he asks if I want to go to dinner. Now, we are both totally styling at this point, me in my hat, and both of us in our sweats, but we decided to go to Red Lobster. It may sound overly psycho but I was a little concerned what I would eat there, b/c I have not gone out to eat once since starting my own version of LFL. I ended up ordering the crab legs and dipped them in butter, as well as eating a real caesar salad with all the dressing. I also never got around to my other snacks yesterday b/c of the higher calorie meal. But my goal was to maintain, right? And I was in good company, so I forgot about it. Afterwards, we hung out at his apt for a little while and then randomly decided that we would go and see the movie "Elf" which just came out (which is soooo cute by the way). And then that was the end. So we hung out for 8 hours. That's a long time. And he asked at the end if he might be able to persuade me away from grading again sometime this weekend (b/c I have sooo many tests to grade), and I said perhaps I hate to get too excited about prospects such as this, b/c I have been let down so many times in the past, but I had a fantastic time, and I really like spending time with him.

Plus, I woke up this morning and scale is still holding at 153, which of course, is the goal.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 05:57

Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Robin-So long as you are losing weight, you shouldn't need to lower your calories. I wonder if your headaches might be caused by not enough water. I always found that I needed extra water especially when my fat percentages were really high. Along with this, do you take potassium? You may want to if you do not already.

Elaine-How is your attempt going to get back on track? Did you go get some healthy groceries?

Renee-Good luck with the MRI. I'll be thinking about you. And that must have been great to be off the oxygen yesterday.

Lissette-I totally forgot about the field trip. Yesterday was a long day! It went so well, though. I was so proud of the kids. They jumped right in and made small talk with many of the residents, which is scary to do. Some of them were a little upset by one lady who said that her brother put her in the home and that she hated him and wished she was dead, but they handled themselves very well. They had so many stories they wanted to share when they got back. It was such a good experience. We hope that we can go back again in the spring.

I can't believe you've got that much snow already. Yikes!

Marjorie-Your son is going to be sooo impressed! That has to make you excited. I can't wait to hear how that goes
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 07:24

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Wendy's got a boyfriend! I know you don't want to get too excited over possibilities, but it sounds like you've got a winner there! The best relationships do start out as friends. Heck, DH and I didn't even like each other for the first maybe 6 months we dated. Why we kept going out, I'll never know. But we did, and on November 18 we'll be celebrating 25 years of marriage! Did I mention that one of his clients offered to pick up the tab for an anniversay dinner at the restaurant of our choice? Unfortunately, all the good restaurants are in Portland, about an hour away. I guess that's not too bad, especially on a Saturday night.

Robin, you might want to try the potassium for the headaches. I usually take 2 tablets in the morning and 2 in the evening. If I don't, I get leg cramps. A lot of people report relief from headaches by taking potassium. And by the way, exactly when is that little frog in your avitar going to up-chuck or whatever it is he's going to do?

Marnie, your son is going to love the new you! His expression is going to be priceless! Didn't you say he was going to be LCing too? You have come such a long way. We're all so proud of you!

Geez, with all these MRIs going around, maybe we should re-name our daily thread "The MRI Pals"! It's good that you're getting checked out, though.

My food choices haven't been all that great for the past couple days (see my journal for details), but I don't think much damage was done.

Any of you get the Lowcarbezine from Hold the Toast Press? It's written by Dana Carpender (yes, the cookbook lady). This month she writes about strategies for Thanksgiving. She says you can either do a low-carb feast, or call it an Indulgence Day. She prefers the term "indulgence" to "cheat" because she says "cheat" implies you're going to get away with something, which we all know you don't. I like that way of thinking. Nothing annoys me more than the women at work who are constantly saying things like "I was sooooo bad yesterday!" And then someone else says, "You think that was bad, listen to how bad I was." It's a sick sort of one-ups-man-ship. So, from now on, I might make bad food choices and I might have an indulgence. But I will never cheat.

Catch you later!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 07:39

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Wendy, you are going to have a great weekend. You can sleep later

I did buy some low carb goodies last night on the way home and wound up having strawberry protein powder in yogurt for dinner. Yum! Also noticed our local Acme (Albertsons in different parts of the counrty) is carrying LeCarb Yogurt and Dairy drink. Will have to check these out. I usually buy Stoneyfield plain lowfat and doctor it up with Davinci, etc. They are carrying a lot more lc products in general. I usually get my Atkins stuff at Vitamin Shoppe as it is cheaper but it's nice to know they are carrying more and actually advertising it!!!

Marjorie, have not meant to ignore you, your son will be THRILLED with his hot mom

Going into Philly for a haircut and to meet a friend so I probably won't post much today but love and hugs to all!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 08:51

Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Just when you thought it was safe................
I'MMMMM BAAAAAAACK!!
LOL
(actualy, I'm runnin out the door, but wanted to say hi...BTW...HI!!)

#6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 10:52

BF:

Oh sure! Tease us that you're back, and then don't give us the scoop on anything.

What have you been up to lately? Right now I'm trying to keep my cat out of my snack -- a large glass of Carb Solutions shake mix spiked with Metamucil. Why a cat would turn inside out to get to it is beyond me! Of course, this is also the cat who goes nuts for Doritos and frozen french fries.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 11:39

BF:

Robin, I just noticed you asked me a question over on the other thread (on Atkins vs. PP). I wasn't ignoring you. Hop over for my answer. The short answer is, "No, you're not on the wrong plan."