Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 12:56

Plan: Glycemic Index/Glycemic Load
Stats: 233/236/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: -5%
Thumbs up I Am SOOOOOO Proud of Myself !!!

I have been doing really well on staying away from carbs for the last few days, and yesterday was the "litmus test." I ride a GoldWing motorcycle, and belong to the GoldWing Road Riders Association, a wonderful, friendly group of people who LOVE to ride and LOVE to eat !!

Yesterday was our chapter's fundraiser ride, which meant that GoldWingers from all over California came down to visit us and go on our ride. At the registration at the beginning of the ride (at a local motorcycle dealership), there are always LOTS of doughnuts -- all kinds of doughnuts (and I love 'em all). Well, I had anticipated this, and had prepared and taken a bowl of sugar-free jello with pineapple (my breakfast). Of course, I raised a lot of eyebrows and took a lot of teasing, but I just joined right in and gave them back as good as I got, and continued to eat my Fruit breakfast.

At the end of the ride, we all met at Peralta Park for a HUGE feast -- barbequed chicken, tri-tip, and baked beans with all the fixings. And, of course, there was a huge table with nothing but SWEETS of every possible description!! Talk about temptation!!

Well, guess how many I ate?? ZERO!!!!!!! I actually just stayed completely away from that table! I wouldn't even allow myself to venture over and take a look, because I knew that would be a slippery slope. And I also knew that I couldn't "eat just one." I am soooooooooooooo addicted to sugar that once I get started, I cannot stop until I am STUFFED to the point of being almost SICK!! I mean, I've got it BAD!!

Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to report that I stayed on the program all weekend long! Not a single slip-up. I am really amazed. I would never have thought I was actually capable of doing that. In the past, I would have abandoned my program, telling myself it is "just for one day," but of course in that one day, I would have eaten enough JUNK to set me back for all my struggles the preceding whole week!

So, take hope, it CAN be done!!! Actually, it seems to be getting somewhat easier the longer I stay away from the sugar. My cravings are not nearly as bad. I still have the DESIRES but not the INTENSE, IRRESISTABLE CRAVINGS that I am accustomed to experiencing. Hallelujah!!!

Last edited by Jami : Mon, May-05-03 at 12:58.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 17:30
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 169/156/140 Female 5 ft 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

good for you!! that is great!!! you should be very proud of yourself that is a very hard thing to do!! Im doing an atkins-generalized low carb diet and got suzannes book and Im reading it now so we will see how that goes! have a w onderful day!! congratulations becky
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 22:35
Registered Member

Plan: Basic Low Carb Plan
Stats: 142/135/125
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default right on!!

I wanna be just like jami!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 13:44

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Thumbs up You go girl!

Woo hoo! Great job Jami!

I could have resisted the donuts (probably) but the table full of desserts would have killed me. I'm just like you that way.

Very impressed!