Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 10:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default I didn't make my first goal...

I started this WOE Febrary 9, with the goal of being 125 by May 1. Well...it's May 1 and I'm not there yet. I knew a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't make it so I've adjusted my goal to June 1...now that's not looking so promising either. *sigh* I'm not giving up. I know EVENTUALLY I'll get there. It's just going to take me a little longer than I had planned. Perhaps the two-piece swimming suit will have to wait another year.

I do have to say, though, that I feel fantastic. I'm starting to see some muscle definition in my arms and legs that I haven't seen in years. I have more energy. My back pain is significantly less. All of the exercise I've been doing is really paying off and I never would have started it if it weren't for Atkins (and all of the encouragement from these boards!). I've learned to like a variety of veggies (again...never would have tried them before). So...I'm not at my goal weight yet...so what? I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing and enjoy the journey.

Tricia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 10:55

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

You know Tricia, I am in a very similar place. I gave myself a loooong time to get to goal. Started October 2nd at 160lb and set my desired goal to be 125lb by May 6th (my birthday). I've since adjusted my goal to 130 (125 wouldn't be good for me) and there's no chance of getting there by next week.

But, you know what? I'm okay with that. I haven't felt deprived. I feel good. There are so many benefits. And like the title of a great thread in the Best Of section of this forum says, "Do you really expect your progress to be all losses?"

At about 140, I am happy, healthy and strong. I hope to make my goal one day, but time is not a factor in optimal health, is it? My focus now is going to be getting fit, toning up, and continuing to eat the best I know how.

We should be very happy. Success is not about a number. It is about feeling good, doing the right things for your particular vessel, and having a good attitude.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 15:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/140/125 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I too am in a similar situation. I am 5'8, currently 134, wanted to be 130 by now, and eventually 125 by summer. I have been doing this since January! In all honesty, I did drop to 130 for like 2 days, but gained it back (I was eating those evil DR A bars 2x/day, plus reg food!) I cut that all back, and I think I am getting back on track. Hang in there, it will be alright, you will eventually make it to your goal! Besides, you are tall like me, and I am certain you would look great in a 2-piece swim suit this summer! Try going swim suit shopping at least and then you will see that it is all good! You are not expected to look like a victoria secret model! FYI, I have the same dilusions of perfection for myself! Sometimes you just need to re-evaluate your goals. For me, a much more realistic goal is 130, I would look phenominal at 125, but I could probably only eat ice cubes and lettuce to maintain that!

Your doing great! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better too...Thats even more important than being 125 lbs!!!! keep up the good work!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 15:45

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Go by seasons not dates

I decided to make my goal of being 135 lbs. by summer. I am now 142.5 lbs. That makes my goal seem more realistic and reachable since this is still spring. Summer will last until the end of September. So , hopefully, I will go past my goal which will make my next goal even easier to achieve. The next goal is to be 125 by Thanksgiving.

Black57
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 16:03

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Eventually, you'll get there! Our weight stats are somewhat similar, although I am five inches shorter than you. I would say my 21 lbs. pretty much went in the first four months. The last 4.5 lbs. are going excruciatingly slow (I've been LCing a little over nine months now). That's great that you want to wear a two piece suit! I have given them up for good. After a c-section and exploratory surgery (everything turned out ok - but I was left with a vertical scar going above my navel), my belly looks like Frankenstein! The important thing is you are feeling much better than before LCing. The number on the scale is not the be-all, end-all.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 16:09

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

My first goal ended April 14.. I wanted to be down to 135 by then. I'm fluctuating between 141-142lbs... so, didn't make it! It's frustrating, but I'm still glad for the loss I've had so far... and feeling great! My next goal is now set for July.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 19:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198.0/178.4/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Erbadger,

You're 5'8" and are already 134 and want to be 125? What size do you wear? I was just trying to picture how thin you must already be. I realize that if you are small framed it could make a difference but the reason I ask is 2 years ago (before I ballooned to my current weight) I was 155 and solid, I used to do Taebo and plan to again once I lose a few more pounds, but I was a very comfortable size 8 and looked good in anything I wore (or didn't wear) even according to my very critical hubby. He's brutally honest when asked for his opinion, fortunately in the last year or so he's learned to keep his opinions to himself unless asked (and I've learned not to ask!). I'm guessing you're perfect as is!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 05:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I'd have to second that...without sounding judgemental at all.

At 5'7", the lowest I could ever go is 140. Once I was 135 but it was after food poisening!!! My body is not catagorized as healthy and strong at a lower weight than that.

I'll bet you look thin now; maybe you should ask some of your HONEST straight talking friends if it would compliment you to lose even more weight.

Are you very small boned?